Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
A mixed bag today, I'd say...unfortunately hyper Anant was back in bits *facepalm*...but there were some nice bits.
1) The breaking off of the hug...LOL so they changed it from the promo...she didn't push him away
...they kinda broke it off mutually...or rather he broke it off first...the awkwardness there was done well I felt...from Anant's side...the "sorry" he blurts out
..."bas ho gaya...pata nahin kaise"
...and Navya didn't have anything to say (unsurprisingly :P)...they were both pretty confused/awkward in that bit...I found it oddly endearing
...but odd that they instantly transitioned to the taxi right after that...hmmm oh well.
2) The taxi scene...time for cheesy stuff
...I think the close-up camera inside the taxi makes Anant's face look funny
...but anyways the initial awkwardness in the beginning of the scene, then the smiles slowly growing on their faces...Anant leaning over a bit to see her expression and she's got her face turned away and is softly smiling to herself...all nice...then out of nowhere her scarf magically comes out of her hair
and Anant ji catches it and gets into random "maskhari" mode...upside, atleast that ammaji type scarf came out of her hair...lol...downside, Anant then proceeded to hang out of the car udaaoing this scarf away to glory (*facepalm x 100000)
...And Navya is funnily enough watching him all happily as he's doing this
...such kids...I get that that they are all happy shappy
...but why oh why does it have to be shown like THIS *sigh*...moving on...
3) THE most retarded scene of the epi: Anant's attempts to "catch" the bus by literally full on hanging out of the car
...Shaheer needs to do something about his dubbing...in this scene, Anant bada softly is "yelling" for the bus and it's so hilarious cuz itni chhoti si aawaaz mein bulaaoge toh kis angle se bus rukegi bhaiyya?
...Anyways, so Navya catches his hand to pull him back in from his retarded antics...Anant's got this bemused smile on his face when he sees her holding his hand...lol...
4) Anant's attempt to get Navya to hold his hand again
...so not subtle...haha...Loved Navya's response...the way she looks at his hand with knowing bemusement and then calls out, "Anant, bus rokne ke aur bhi tareeke hain" and then proceeds to call Appy...hahaha...after MANY days, an INTELLIGENT bit from Navya WITHOUT stuttering/taking a million seconds to say something/giving shifty eyed glances
...Really a pleasant surprise to see Navya in this playful banter mode...Soumya did well in this scene...overall a very cute bit I thought
5) Anant's bemused smiles at Navya as she weaves another elaborate lie about how they both ending up coming back together...another adorable bit this was I thought
...and the bit right after this as he pretends to tie his shoelace and says to her, "Phir se jhoot? Main tumhein itna achha lagta hoon?"
...and I must say Navya is indeed becoming an expert liar now...she can think up of excuses quicker than Anant anyday
6) Appy and Ritz gossiping about Navya's dadis' reaction...and Appy especially imitating Dadi's signature line..."Daadi sab jaane"
7) And the ending scene...Anant is instantly much free-er with her while for Navya the awkwardness is very much there and she shows it deliberately by backing away...Liked how Anant eased her mind about calling home by giving her the update on the phone situation...natural convo there...and later on when he keeps asking about the time, I liked Navya's confused/irritated response asking him what's wrong with him
...I really do find it amazing how normal she sounds when she's on the defensive/irritated with him...no long pauses, nothing then
...but overall the scene seems setup for some cheesy romantic dialogues from Anant ji tomorrow *shakes head*
Overall, there is that whole exhilaration/freedom that AN seem to be experiencing having told each other how they feel...or rather Navya having told him more clearly...and more than anything else, they seem to be basking in that joy/happiness for now even as it's mixed with playful moments. Anant is tending towards some loverboy-ish behavior in a sense but they're both such awkward kids in a way that I guess it doesn't give me Sitara Ek deja vu also...yet