Maryada
Maryada

Random Musings: May 16, 2011

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Woohooo...that was one heck of an eventful half hour today! Smile

Episode started right where Friday ended...with the Aditya - Brahma confrontation but SasurPig smartly takes Aditya away to discuss the matter in private while Devyani and Priya wait nervously outside! I'll come back to the confrontation later but I found it odd that the writers did not do anything with the bit where Devyani wondered what had gotten Aditya upset and Priya started to reply that she might know what it was about! There was no point showing Priya saying anything unless this was a bridging scene meant to tie in to something else in the future...like somebody blaming Priya for the rift between father and son...just an example! Hmmm...

For her part, Vidya is in the bedroom with Imli when Gaurav's phone rings with Aarti's call...Gaurav is in the bathroom! After Vidya answers the call Imli instigates her not to pass along the message from Aarti about some important meeting in a heritage hotel! Predictably...I did not like Vidya listening to Imli...D'oh. Imli giving such advice is understandable...not Vidya listening to her though! Angry Really want to see a smarter and stronger Vidya emerge! Sleepy

Back in Brahma's bedroom the confrontation continues with Aditya not letting his Dad make any excuses. Unable to manipulate his way out of the situation Brahma does not deny his role in the killings. Hearing the loud words being exchanged, Devyani and Priya interrupt the two. I loved this confrontation. It was very well done with everybody, esp. Devyani, Brahma & Aditya, being in character! The little details like Brahma snapping at Priya trying to intervene was superb! I have to give it to the Maryaada creative team...they handle such story peaks very well...for most part! Star

After Aditya storms away, Devyani too faces Brahma's attempt at self-pity head on! Star ClapThis was the scene of the day for me. Thumbs Up The writers managed to get her to call a spade a spade while at the same time keeping her extremely true to the character sketch! Enjoyed every aspect of this scene...from Devyani's words to Brahma noticing Uttara and using her presence to his own benefit! Ahhh...the creepy Brahma was in full-on cunning mode as he rued his situation dramatically for Uttara's hearing benefit! Of course Uttara then tried to comfort him after Devyani left! D'oh I hope this added dimension to today's episode means this track is on fast forward mode...not sure how much more of a lecherous Brahma I can handle watching! Stern Smile

Meanwhile, an upset Aditya tell Priya that he should have believed her. As Priya tries to calm him down, Gaurav comes in to find out what happened but Aditya is not ready to share just yet! Awww...the Gaurav - Aditya bond is so sweet and nice to watch! Thumbs Up Wish we saw more scenes of them together!

Back in the kitchen a "deep-in-thought" Devyani is preparing tea when Uttara interrupts her and finds fault with Devyani supporting Aditya! This was another well done confrontation and completely unexpected. Devyani's reaction to Uttara's admonishment was consistent with her general attitude about her family and her control of it! Cannot wait to see where the writers take this! Thumbs Up

Overall: Very good episode. I will go with a 4.25 for today! The acting by Vishwajeet, Indrani, RaQesh & Kamya was terrific! The screenplay was well written for most part. The flow was off a tad bit...Imli was downstairs when the episode started but was suddenly upstairs with Vidya in the very next scene...this was followed by Brahma and Aditya just walking in to the bedroom in the scene after...Stern Smile D'oh.

On an aside, it looks like the ratings for the show have dropped off quite a bit! The creative team needs to get serious and keep the pace of the show to the brisk one it featured in the first few months. Without that, the ratings will continue to slide!

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

ahcirsaggi80Marinedriveamesbcclnbostedaish77shmuupieArsha85mahalaxmikrosie111sihudivyakshettyhave-a-dreamRadiantTreasureBee3nazzsoap-criticA HUGE FANanna44Ashi22Ashisanshra.Jiya.FIZK6Bepannaah.-Swetha-

FIZK6 IF-Sizzlerz
FIZK6
FIZK6

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
Fantastic epi today.

I think we all were wondering if SSP will talk himself out of this confrontation with Aditya, he tried to but didn't succeed Clap i admired Aditya for the way he kept going on at his dad to admit the truth. SSP should realise that  not only Priya but Aditya too will stand against him when the time comes and Devyani could support Aditya.
Devyani as usual worried about her family and the way Aditya was speaking to SSP. The way she spoke up to SSP took alot of guts from her, since she rarely raises her voice at him. Then SSP going all sentimental when he saw Uttara.  That creep will do anything to get Uttaras affection Angry It will probably lead to how he gets her into bed or tries to Disapprove  Dead
Finally Aditya has realised Priya was right all along.
Loved the way Gaurav was concerned about  Aditya and how he will fight anyone for his younger brother. As a brother Gaurav is perfect. Hope we get to see more brotherly scenes.
Now Devyani and Uttara, on the one hand i felt Devyani was being a bit harsh with Uttara when she said Uttara was interfering in HER family matters. And on the other hand i felt Devyani was rght, it is her husband and her son Confused Could this be a reason for  Uttara getting more close to SSP?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

divyakshettyRadiantTreasurehave-a-dreamA HUGE FANanshraBheegiBasanti

divyakshetty Goldie
divyakshetty
divyakshetty

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Hey jayaHug, very nice update.

I totally agree with what u have mentioned. i liked todays episode, lot of things happened today.

I liked adi and SSP's seq and i liked adi not getting diverted though SSP tried to deviate adi, but adi was very firm. i enjoyed adi staring at SSP, it was worth watchingThumbs Up. Today deviyani surprised me with her reply to SSP, it was nice to see deviyani in this form. vishwajeet is an amazing actorClap. the switch-over in his expression when he saw uttara is worth appreciating. SSP never misses out to hit at uttara. i'm very curious to know where this track is heading and also It will interesting to see/ know adi's next move and where will father- son relationship head.  

I liked bonding btwn the 2 brothers, i like gauravs statement that he will always be there for his brother.

I loved the way devyani replied uttara, i enjoyed devyani's expression   with a little smile on her face while asking uttara to stay away from the family matter.  now bcoz of this, will uttara start disliking her sister?Confused.

Jaya...I agree with u, i dont understand why vidya is listing to imli, cant vidya use her own brain.

On the whole excellent acting from Indrani, vishwajeet, and RaqeshClap  

Edited by divyakeerhi - 16 May 2011 at 4:25pm

aish77have-a-dreamBee3nazzRadiantTreasureFIZK6BheegiBasanti

divyakshetty Goldie
divyakshetty
divyakshetty

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
Jaya...one of the reason for the rating to slide is that there is no repeat telecast. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aish77have-a-dreamRadiantTreasureBheegiBasanti

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Fiz, Divya...Hug

Divya...when was the repeat telecast cancelled? According to this post, the TRP was 1.96 during the week of April 24 - 30.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1677608

According to this post, it crashed to 1.19 during the week of May 1 - 7.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1684586

That's a drastic fall.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasure

have-a-dream IF-Dazzler
have-a-dream
have-a-dream

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
Awesum takes guys,cuming to dis forum first thing I watch is RM thread,it is always wonderful to read views of all u guys..
Bou d epi,it was totally rockin,I lv CV's of maryada for they dint showed ssp getting out of dis situation so easily,ssp is so besharam even after such a situation he still trying to gain sympathy of uttara n pataofy her,well again gr8 thing tat CV's are maintaining ssp's character.LOL
devyani-ssp,gaurav-adi awesum seq they were,overall awesum epiStar

gosh trp s gting vry bad..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

aish77divyakshettyRadiantTreasureBheegiBasantiFIZK6

divyakshetty Goldie
divyakshetty
divyakshetty

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Jaya...It was after 25th april, they cancelled repeat telecast of Maryada.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasureBheegiBasanti

lld89 Groupbie
lld89
lld89

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Loved today's episode for all the drama it provided.

Finally Aditya has realized his dad isn't some god who should he should worship and who can never do anything wrong. I loved their confrontation, and I loved Aditya's anger (excellent acting Raqesh) Clap
I'm so glad Devyani said what she did to Brahma, that what Aditya said was correct! Brahma definitely wasn't expecting that one, HA! And then the creep sees Uttara there and turns on his "woe is me" act ughh.

Absolutely love love love the Gaurav-Aditya bond! So sweet and touching..we need more scenes of the two brothers together please!

Finally, Devyani's response to Uttara, LOVED it! She's right, this is Devyani's family and it's their business. Uttara needs to stop seeing SSP in this god-like way as well! Hopefully Uttara backs of and thinks twice about giving Devyani advice on how she should handle her personal affairs within her family Approve of course this probably means a rift will be caused between the two sisters, and the Uttara-SSP track may actually turn into something Shocked

Can't wait, keep it up Maryada team! Let's get those ratings up!

shonia09aish77divyakshettyRadiantTreasureBheegiBasantiFIZK6

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index