Navya

New Kid on the block :Article

Mariaa.SG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 12 years ago

New Kid on the block: Anant Bajpayee

He is the hottest new boy on the block and Anant Bajpayee is enjoying every bit of attention that is coming his way. We caught up with Anant aka Shaheer Sheikh to find out more about what makes Anant tick, his experience on the show so far and lots more. Read on…

More on Navya : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

How would you describe Anant?
Anant is a very simple and honest guy, who is very close to his family. He is a today's guy, who believes in modernity but at same time he adheres to the moral values taught by his family.

Navya, the show, is a great fit for STAR Plus' theme Rishta Wohi Soch Nahi ? How do you perceive the show?
The show's theme and STAR Plus's theme go hand in hand, like how STAR Plus caters to the young audiences but also keep the family values and traditions in mind. STAR Plus shows not only bring about progressive thinking but appeal to all kinds of audiences and family alike. I am glad that Navya is a perfect blend of this theme. Also, more young audiences are watching the show and enjoying it which is great news.

How different are you from Anant in real life?
I am like Anant in real life mostly, only there are a couple of differences between Anant and me. Anant is calm in every situation while I need to learn how to stay calm and composed. While he is studying in college, I finished my college through correspondence.

The show is already very popular and your character has got quite a huge fan following. Did you expect this to happen so soon or is it a pleasant surprise?
Yes, I am glad that in few weeks, the show got a tremendous positive response from everyone. I had expected the show to be liked but frankly speaking, this response was a surprise to me. To know that the show has got a good opening and everyone loves it feels like a big high.

Does the show make you nostalgic about your college days?
Not really, as I said that I didn't enjoy the college life. I was working and studying simultaneously, so now I am enjoying the college life on–screen.

How would you define friendship?
It's a beautiful feeling to have people who always support you. Like the saying goes, a friend in need is a friend indeed. If you have good friends then you are very lucky because we can share our feelings, our joys, sorrow- basically our lives with them.

Share some unforgettable memories of college life?
(Laughs) I still remember during exams I used to be always late by five min. And I used to borrow pen and scale from my friends. Everyone used to laugh whenever I entered the examination room.

Whom are you close to in your family and why?
I am very close to my mother and brother as they understand me very well. While I am close to my Dadaji too, I can never overlook his command.

What do you like about Navya?
She is a genuine, shy and a simple girl, who gives her family a lot of importance. Most importantly, she is a very good friend.

What advice you would give to youngsters who are in fix between pleasing their parents and college friends?
I want to tell the parents to be friends with their children first. They should share their thoughts with them, so that both of them can have a good and open communication and strong bonding.

How is working with Navya aka Soumya Seth?
It's nice to work with her. She is a very good-co star. But she loves to giggle on the sets with her co-stars a lot. [smiles]

Navya is your debut show. How has the experience been?
As a lead, it's my first show and the experience so far has been very nice, positive and I am enjoying playing Anant.

Tell us something about your rule book?
Anant's rule book says love and respect for your family but at same time live up to your aspirations. While, Shaheer is a planner who lives his life systematically.

How difficult is to play 19-year-old college guy since you are 26?
It's not that difficult as in my first show, I played a 16-year-old guy and in Navya I am enacting the role of a 19-year-old, so at least I am growing with each role. [smiles]

Whom do you admire on television and why?
I don't admire anyone on television as I don't watch much television except my show.

Who do you think the hottest actress on television and why?
I don't find any actress on television hot as such but in Bollywood, I still love the elegant Sridevi and Salman Khan among actors.

Watch Anant at his very best on Navya every Monday to Friday at 10 pm only on STAR Plus.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnuPurva thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing but I think already poste couple days back...
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted Already.

New Kid on the block-Anant-Shaheer

Topic Closed