Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 9)

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Dr D,

I hope you are aware that I am not insulting you when I used the "stupidity" reference in my comment. I was talking about everyone. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsute-YasharanArshi-bones88

MFRanjini IF-Rockerz
MFRanjini
MFRanjini

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
I can't write long postsLOL

But one thing I really want to say: We are emotionally attached to RBO as we love the acting of Karan and Yashashri. Its the Shanak magic which makes us crazy. Both Karan and Yashashri are working 12-15 hours a day just to make us happy. Can't we just concentrate on the acting and the hardwork they do. They are actors whose duty is to entertain us "onscreen" not "ofscreen". So can't we love them for the acting they do?

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANSairaaaadishbhanToraSachDJsweetsutek.krithikadestinylove-YasharanArshi-rooj-i-Veena-bones88

-YasharanArshi- IF-Rockerz
-YasharanArshi-
-YasharanArshi-

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:37pm | IP Logged

I was about to post the same thing Ranju di !

The guy or even the girl in question are busy and happy enjoying their personal lives respectively...

Why are we analysing and debating and pouncing on each other for issues that even they dont care about !!!!!!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANSairaaaaTorasweetsutek.krithikaMFRanjinidestinyloverooj-ibones88

bones88 IF-Stunnerz
bones88
bones88

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
I have only one thing too say in this thread... that an actor is only accountable to his fans when he doesn't do his work onscreen properly. We as fans don't own the lives of actors and have no right too question them. It is sad that more than the talent.. the actor's personal life is always questioned.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

SHANAKFANSairaaaadishbhanTorak.krithikasweetsuteMFRanjini-YasharanArshi-rooj-i-Veena-

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by saaaz

So I am flitting through the forum after a really looong time...and lo and behold come across a post created by dear DocD..who in my books shall remain one of the most sincere fans of Shanak ... and what a post?!! ..one that tingles my brain cells..another rarity on the forum ...

Well, it seems like there has been quite a heated discussion and points raised already..all valid and whatever may be the motivations behind the various replies, (un)fortunately I am not privy to...but I thought shall put in my two bit..the line that stayed with me the most is what I shall attempt to address...

"actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!"

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that there is only one thing that shall carry actors forward in guaranteeing shelf life...and that factor is 'IMAGE'...in the make-believe world of entertainment image is everything...when a fan spends hours on a forum discussing the show, reading and writing fiction based on characters from the show.. as fans, all we are doing is responding to the image that has been created...that image stays with us, it lets us dream, it tells us to hold on, it manifests into new fantasies and it gives a lot of us a high and the exhilaration livens up our hum drum lives...in fact even for the most impersonal and clinical viewer, image plays a huge role in wanting to see the actor again..and again ...

As an actor, the IMAGE is important because without it, there is no audience who shall be willing to invest in the make believe...and as an actor, a huge part of your responsibility is being true towards that very image you help create...either on your own or through the varying characters you portray... and this time and age of instant infotainment - FB, Twitter, Blogs etc..it is inevitable that your personal life shall overlap with your professional one...which often actors use to their advantage to enhance their image and being honest and responsible towards that very image is key in increasing your fans and maintaining your current fan base..

The day an actor shows irresponsibility towards the image..either by personal actions or behavior, no matter how great an actor on screen, for a fan, the image is broken..the dream shattered and the fan rudely awoken...and for all actors out there with limited shelf life... dudes...the day the fans wake up, it is your final day...

For all of us who think that personal behavior does not impact professional life, we could not be more wrong.. if one of the most dynamic US presidents that the world has seen in the past several decades was impeached on basis of a personal affair... what is a mere TV actor???...

Image and branding is everything...and being responsible towards that image is key to your survival in a profession where you rely on the public for your growth...after all, in the world of fluff TV shows, four people watching for sake of content can only take you so far...umm..or lets say not very far!!..

Couldnt help but do a rerun of your post!!!

What a SUPERB post this is!!!

You've nailed it, Sazzy!!! Star

ACCOUNTABILTY (in the current context)...it's exactly, this!!!

ClapClapClap

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 May 2011 at 11:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

destinylove

Souma.N IF-Dazzler
Souma.N
Souma.N

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him.

People who fail at this...fail themselves first before anyone else.

My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed, my dearest pleasure when free.

I am not saying I am upset cause I am mourning over the remains of these dreams...but I am enraged because I was shown an image of an actor by the man himself but it turned out to be a myth. You should either speak the truth or not speak at all...no two ways about it!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.dsrroadsidejunkey-Ray-destinylove

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Went through the other posts in the thread and couldn't stop myself from commenting about a few things that I have been observing since this thread started--

1. First of all...Thanks Veenz for allowing a relevant discussion which has led to spilling of feelings and sharing of thoughts that is important for a healthy forum. Thanks for not closing down the topic ...it was a mature decision on your part and whenever it goes out of hand...you can shut it but I am proud of the fact that we can discuss so effectively keeping our POVs without being afraid.

2. Secondly, the way forum behaved in this issue has been fairly mature...barring a few anecdotes here n there...others have been quite well behaved, mature and moved on...

3. Coming to discussion, I agree with Saaaz and Gaayu that IMAGE plays a huge role in a person's career...be it actor's , doctor's or any other profession. It is the integrity that counts and is finally the speaker and plays an important role no matter how talented a person professionally is.

4. But, I completely refute an actor's accountability or responsibilty to us. May be I am not able to explain myself in correct words. I'll try --

The Image that we are talking about is CREATED...there is a separate profile for people who do this professionally for Stars, Cricketers and politicians...
they scan reports being published about their clients...make a study through all TV channels and print media...have connections everywhere and thus Project an Image that an actor or celebrity is comfortable with...
But all of them are human too and their actions break that image at various occasions
I have sufficient proofs that this is done by big time celebrities...
I have no idea that TV actors have that knowledge or privilege...if at all !!!

Character and Morals are Each to his own...I always believe in this. I was taught to have a strong character, always be truthful and be upfront and not misuse other's sensibilities for my own gain...
but it is not important that others are also taught the same. I follow this strictly with best friends too.
If I find something not matching my frequencies...I simply move ahead...
But I don't stop back to hurl insults or lash bad omens to someone who was intellectually weaker than me...( this is just a general statement, not against someone specifically)

Coming back to the Image part...it keeps getting broken and bubbles keep bursting due to the acts of these people which are sometimes avoidable ...

I take it like this...
If I don't like anyone's acting ...I simply switch channel...instead of asking him to improve. If I am a die- hard fan or a well wisher...I go a step ahead and will ask to improve...
even if he doesn't or a show doesn't keep to my standards...story wise or content wise...We should simply move on...instead of lashing and bashing !!!

Same goes for personal life which should be our last concern...Yes, a person with strong character and great personal attributes is a huge turn on...but if he doesn't match to those standards...abusing him is no solution. He will remain what he is in all probability.

why will an actor not say that he's single??
Salman Khan has been saying that for past 20 years and he has not owned even a single girlfriend of his. While Hrithik went ahead and told about his girlfriend even before his first movie released... both have uncountable fans and amazingly crazy following !!

It is again Each to his own...and is our responsibilty to understand the contrast.

please understand - Images are not Real !!!! they are created !!!

Not only in this case...but everywhere, when bubble's burst and Images get broken...I turn back and reflect on myself...and ask -

Why did I ignore the signals which had been there since so many months?
why did I chose to believe him? ...Isn't it my fault?
why is 'he' accountable?... Am I not foolish enough to accept what he is saying?
why should he be ashamed? He is doing something according to his sensibilities...

We Chose to believe him...even if he lied...are we so naive and gullible to believe whatever we hear the actors say and act...???
why are we so upset??

Whatever celebrities speak is all scripted...well thought of... and presented... and very very smart and calculating ...that only benefits them!!
their interviews and public appearances are all scripted !!
If we fall for that...we are innocent ...not they at fault !!

people like Salman have a bad public image because they act as they feel...don't get scripted everytime.

same mistake was done by our lead actor with poor PR skills...he didn't hire someone for making a 'IMAGE' for himself and did not get a proper counselling on how to maintain it and THUS acted differently at onscreen interviews and off screen action !!!...That's it !!!!
so What???

I consider him Immature and childish for this act and may be he should have been careful !!!
but if he wasn't...his life !!!! Big deal !!!

But I don't expect any explanations, because it doesn't matter !!!
Now, it is upto us to keep following him or move on !!

4. Yes, someone rightly pointed out in earlier posts that --
Tiger Woods is Tiger Woods and Sachin Tendulkar is Sachin Tendulkar  !!!
I completely agree
but then so are
Salman and Hrithik
Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan
Yuvraj Singh and Gautam Gambhir

the firsts have poor reputation and image and second ones have impeccable image...it is upto Us to follow them, love them, like them, adore them or accept them as our muse but they did not come to us to ask us to follow them !!

5. Lastly, to wish someone ill health and hurling insults is completely disgraceful, however big the crime !! It is not our culture and I believe that as a human being...it is extremely disgusting to rob someone off his dignity just because he didn't live upto your expectations !!!

Edited by -Manita- - 18 May 2011 at 12:25am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

diyacdishbhanToraSachDJsweetsutenk.mailSairaaaavaish_123-YasharanArshi-MFRanjinidestinylovekubareSPN_JD_Addicted-Veena-

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Lastly, to wish someone ill health and hurling insults is completely disgraceful, however big the crime !! It is not our culture and I believe that as a human being...it is extremely disgusting to rob someone off his dignity just because he didn't live upto your expectations !!!

Manita,very well said!

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 18 May 2011 at 12:37am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123dishbhanTora-YasharanArshi-MFRanjini-Manita-kubare-Veena-

Go to top