Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 8)

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Rooj I must say loved reading ur take

It really presented the otherside as well  ... well done dear Clap

This is pretty  good analysis Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rooj-i

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:01pm | IP Logged

Am back!! After a whirlwind tour of the myriad responses...myriad connotations indeed!!!Smile

My final take on this issue...

A lot of the responses to this thread give me the feeling that the basic point of the thread seems to have been lost to many!

The core issue being addressed here is the accountability that celebrities have to their fans...those fans who over a period of time metamorphose from being viewers to well-wishers!!

As all of us would agree here, a fan invests a LOT during the course of this metamorphosis...both quantitatively and qualitatively!!
And, I am not referring to the 'dreams' that have been referred to, in some of the posts here!
An actor/celebrity is definitely not accountable for that...since he/she is not responsible for it in any way...it can always be attributed to the fans' imagination/hallucinations!

But what an actor is DEFINITELY accountable to, as Sazzy and Gaayu have rightly pointed out, is the image that they portray!
They are without a trace of doubt, ACCOUNTABLE for every word and action that they bring to the public domain...and that is the 'personal' life of an actor that he/she should be accountable for!!
His/Her CODE OF CONDUCT!!!!

An actor has every right to keep a certain section of his/her life away from from public consumption, BUT, a simple question...
Is there any need whatsoever to repeatedly, and many a times, unnecessarily, portray an image (eg singledom status), when there is a huge possibilty that the truth could very well be otherwise??!!!
Taking this example further,
Is there any need to just go on and on about one's 'single and ready to mingle' status as if rationalizing it to himself/herself ROFL, time and time again, at the slightest given oppurtunity??!!

Does it not amount to treating the fans and their very existence like a complete JOKE??!!!
Does it not amount to commiting the unpardonable crime of converting die-hard fans into hard-core cynics??!!

Ok!! I'll answer this myself...Of course it does!!!!

And, for that, every celebrity needs to be bloody accountable, and big-time so!!!

It would be really nice, if every celebrity worth his/her salt would do a reality check of their delusionary bubbles...agreed its very comfortable in there, but not at the cost of causing discomfort outside!!!!Ouch

Every fan counts, buddy!!...FANS maketh a celebrity...Get the bubble to burst soon!!!Smile

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 May 2011 at 10:20pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeynk.mailaditeelghosh

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
Dr D,

a simple question...

Yea he owes us explanation and as far as I am concerned he has already given it but the main thing comes down to is this...

Should we bash him for our own stupidity of believing him to the core?

I mean sure we are emotional and we have right to say what we want but should we become so blind to the point where we wish him ill health like he has done us some great wrong?

In the last two days I have come across such horrible lashing hurled towards him that I had people pming me saying that we don't even treat our enemies the same way.

So, again as far as I am concerned: He has answered it but now it is our turn to believe him and stick to him or reject him and just move on with our loss or his loss (for that matter). 

PS: just for clarification if no one is aware of it, RB herself has stated that they are just friends, well now you can either go by the article and pictures and refute both parties or you can simply believe  both parties. From the way I see it, it is fact enough that the pics are still up and he still hasn't said a thing after the initial say to say that they are just friends. 

Edited by rooj-i - 17 May 2011 at 10:16pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsutek.krithikaTora-Manita--YasharanArshi-SPN_JD_Addicted

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rooj-i

Dr D,

a simple question...

Yea he owes us explanation and as far as I am concerned he has already given it but the main thing comes down to is this...

Should we bash him for our own stupidity of believing him to the core?

I mean sure we are emotional and we have right to say what we want but should we become so blind to the point where we wish him ill health like he has done us some great wrong?

In the last two days I have come across such horrible lashing hurled towards him that I had people pming me saying that we don't even treat our enemies the same way.

So, again as far as I am concerned: He has answered it but now it is our turn to believe him and stick to him or reject him and just move on with our loss or his loss (for that matter). 

PS: just for clarification if no one is aware of it, RB herself has stated that they are just friends, well now you can either go by the article and pictures and refute both parties or you can simply believe  both parties. From the way I see it, it is fact enough that the pics are still up and he still hasn't said a thing after the initial say to say that they are just friends. 

Rooj, my Dear,

You are still missing the point!

It is NOT about believing an actor to the core...it is whether the actor has knowingly/unknowingly played around with human emotions, led his/her fans to believe in a certain way, and thereby in a sense failed in their basic responsibilty as well!!!

The actor's responsiblity towards his/her craft!!!

No actor has any business whatsoever to...

1) Unnecessrily portray a picture which could be far removed from the truth...
2) To make matters worse, make statements (eg repeatedly emphasise on one's 'available' status) and thereby ridicule the fans' love and adulation!!
No fan is demented enough to nurture personal dreams about the single status of a celebrity...hence, why the need to unnecessarily venture into terrain, completely uncalled for??!!
3) The biggest crime of all...to dent the fan's viewing experience!!!!
No matter how much we rationalise to ourselves about reel and real being separate, at the end of the day, a Sachin Tendulkar is a SACHIN TENDULKAR...and a Tiger Woods is a TIGER WOODS!!

But, yes...will agree with you on one thing...wishing someone ill-health is complete uncalled for...there is no need to stoop to such levels...

Not only because it refllects badly on our values, but because the person is absolutely not worth our time!!! LOL

I rest my case!Smile

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 May 2011 at 11:32pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

roadsidejunkeynk.mail-Ray--Manita-lghosh

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Veena

I am apalled and totally disappointed at the use of some offensive language on this thread!

Please review and take action.

I was told use of words like "utter stupidity" is strictly not allowed.

Most of us have graduate degrees and some have Ph Ds and Post Docs also.

Doc D is an highly qualified physician, post doc researcher for a leading corporation.

Just as there is no place for sarcasm there is also no place of disrespect for such an educated member.

I am hugely offended!

Its unfortunate that such words will be uttered in reference to her.

I am totally disappointed

Thanks and Warm Regards

Aditee

Edited by aditee - 17 May 2011 at 11:08pm
rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry Dr. D I got your point

but I am still going to question you the following:

Did he ask us to believe him or not? It is free will to do what we want so he didn't ask us but we did any ways right? So if we are hurt, why blame him?

He doesn't control our mind or our heart everyday. He doesn't tell us how to live our life. He doesn't tell us that Rooj I want you to do this for me and why should I do it? I mean, is he related to me in any way beside as fan-celebrity? I don't think so. I won't be hurt if he announce tomorrow that he is getting married to someone.

You think he lied about his image, fine that is ur belief but not mine.

He has obligations to the fans and which he fulfilled as far as I am concerned because he made his comments, didn't clear the article because he quote what he quoted implying on "friendship" twice and the pictures are not in his hand however his private life was invaded (which he had no idea about). 

So why are we blaming him again and again for our strong belief? In fact no star or celebs says that believe me coz I want you to, they hope it but never say it! It is our own free will we do so why blame him?

He clear his name, as far as I am concerned and I won't repeat that again. 

The topic now is going back and forth on the same matter but in different wordings each time. 

SHANAKFANSairaaaaTorak.krithikasweetsute

rooj-i IF-Sizzlerz
rooj-i
rooj-i

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
forget it...

Edited by rooj-i - 17 May 2011 at 11:24pm
dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Veena

I am apalled and totally disappointed at the use of some offensive language on this thread!

Please review and take action.

I was told use of words like "utter stupidity" is strictly not allowed.

Most of us have graduate degrees and some have Ph Ds and Post Docs also.

Doc D is an highly qualified physician, post doc researcher for a leading corporation.

Just as there is no place for sarcasm there is also no place of disrespect for such an educated member.

I am hugely offended!

Its unfortunate that such words will be uttered in reference to her.

I am totally disappointed

Thanks and Warm Regards

Aditee

Thanks, Aditi for standing up for me!
Love you re...Truly do!!

You know what is most disturbing...

Not that some of us, in a flurry of emotions are unable to keep a check on what we say or do...

But, to be so consumed by the 'aura' of an individual, to let the biggest power of the human mind...its rational capacity to go fly out of the window!!!

You and I have been two of the most passionate fans on this forum...the entire forum is a living testimony to that!!!

This thread has definitely not been easy...the posts are nothing short of a catharsis!!!

But we have the ability to smell the coffee, when there are indicators of the 'wake up call'!!!

Am truly saddened, how the human mind plays out...

Rational to some and Delusional to others!!!

Sad, but true!!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 17 May 2011 at 11:21pm

roadsidejunkeydishbhanSachDJaditeelghosh

Go to top