Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 (Page 4)

-Veena- IF-Stunnerz
-Veena-
-Veena-

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lghosh

And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.

Right On!!!!
On what quoted above... exactly... we need to keep that fine line of Real and Reel seperated!!! What we think of them on screen is not what they are off screen and frankly if you ask me .. they are not accountable to us for that!

Role models are REAL people! I strongly feel that way... Embarrassed

Thanks Ighosh.. great comments!

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

-chocaholic-dr.dsrAnu80SHANAKFANvaish_123TorasweetsutejparkerlghoshThe_May_Rosekrock

jparker IF-Dazzler
jparker
jparker

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Veena-

And last but not the least we as responsible fans ought to keep our adulation to a limit as well. We should restrict ourselves to the characters of the show rather than extending it to the actors as well. The moment we merge the characters & the actors the bubble bursts! We should be accountable to ourselves as well as to not put them up on a pedestal & worship like they r some larger than life figures who ought to be looked up as role models.

Right On!!!!
On what quoted above... exactly... we need to keep that fine line of Real and Reel seperated!!! What we think of them on screen is not what they are off screen and frankly if you ask me .. they are not accountable to us for that!

Amen!!! I agree.. hence the quiet since this whole Tsunami blew our lovely forum to bits and pieces..

I agree comepletely Veena.. that fine line should be able to withstand the pressures..

Reel-Real should be apart...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-chocaholic-dr.dsrAnu80vaish_123ToraSachDJWooHooHaha21-Manita--Veena-

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

In the hopes of not getting pounced on .. I am going to ask a very plain and simple question!

What did I miss!??? I am like thoroughly confused. No jokes but I really am. I am failing to understand where all this 'personal accountability from an actor' is coming from!?

We are asking for accountability from an actor???
Accountability for what!?
His personal life..??
Which girl he is dating??
Why??
How is it going to make a difference how we feel about his acting with which girl he is going around...??

I am sincerely asking you guys this... Are you guys mad about him not coming out in the open and talking about his love life!?? How much difference is that going to make to you when tomorrow he declares he is dating a specific person!??

I mean I really don't get it??

Taking over the Mod mode:
In the risk of not wanting to make this topic a big deal as we are not allowed to talk about ANY actors personal life.. I know it is better to get it out with rather than keep it brewing ...Hence I haven't closed this topic! Please be sensitive in commenting. Thanks.

@Veena, the member LOL: Am glad you asked!

The issue here is NOT about who an actor is dating and why!!

It definitely is his life and the way he chooses to live it!! We, frankly couldnt care less!! Big smile

The issue here is much graver and definitely more serious!

It is about taking fans for granted and their sentiments for a complete ride! If an actor does not wish to make his 'private' life 'public', which definitely is not the scenario here LOL, he has every right to do so!

But is it not completely unnecessary (to put it mildly) to portray a picture which is actually the complete opposite of the truth??!! Ouch
Is it not in the larger sense playing with young, impressionable minds??!!
As a friend very aptly said, you are not bound to say the truth...but you have no business to lie either...especially when there are so many out there who look upto you and your conduct as a role model!

@Veena, the moderator LOL: Thanks, much for keeping this topic open for discussion!
Much appreciated! Smile

PS: The LOL emoticons are for your role compartmentalisations! LOL

Edited by dr.dsr - 16 May 2011 at 1:46pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsuteroadsidejunkeyvaish_123-Ray-destinylovelghosh-Veena-

-Manita- IF-Rockerz
-Manita-
-Manita-

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
I just logged in to give my 2 cents in this thread !!

Thanks for the post DocD...you always write well !!

I will speak strictly for my POV...and what I feel ...I don't know about others !!

Actors are just other human beings but in some profession that directly connects to us !! We connect to them through their characters...
Not because they are so n so human beings !!!
If I talk of accountability...No they are not accountable to us for anything...

Talking of personal issues is far fetched...I don't even hold them responsible or accountable for their acting abilities...because if they are acting...then, even I have a remote in my hand...I can switch channels when something doesn't connects...

I really don't think that an actor's... that too a relatively new television actor's... achievement is so high to be considered him as a role model...
He should be considered what he does best - entertainment and that's all...

My own transition from 'Reel' to 'Real' happens only when I happen to be so impressed that I reach out to that actor to extend support or tell him that he is doing a fine job and should continue...
if that person, who is another human being , by the way, responds... well n good ...if he doesn't ...hardly makes a difference in my life.

The interaction...the adulation...the responsibilty ends here !!!

expecting him to share details of his girlfriends is naive or innocence on our part...none of his fault if he doesn't

I am not defending anyone...
but morals ...principles...strength of character are subject to individuals...Each to his Own !!!
We cannot hold even our close friends accountable to personal details !!!
he is nothing but a character played by a person...who we hardly know and in all probability... will never know !!!!

why bash someone who we don't know at all !!!!
and make him feel accountable just because other actors are doing it... let him do whatever he wants to do with his life !!!
I am sure if tomorrow he wakes up and declares at every forum and website...it will still not make any difference !!

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-chocaholic-Toravaish_123dishbhanjparkerWooHooHaha21The_May_Rose-Veena-tanthya

The_May_Rose IF-Sizzlerz
The_May_Rose
The_May_Rose

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

Right On!!!!

First of all, I would like to thank you Veena for the pervious post...Because I didn't understand either...I was simply afraid to post anything earliarEmbarrassed...

Regarding pedestals and worshiping...For my own part it's more about admiration...I have never looked on anybody as a role model, save perhaps my own parents...Though when we watch inteviews and such, there might be some thought or word which touches a chord...Or their stories might inspire us in some way...

Public figures are human, just like us, so why be so suprised and outraged when they show signs of alleged flaws just like us...Politicians are alot more acountable for their actions than actors...

When people decide to become actors, do they loose the right to a private life by default?...This is a debate which has been in the western media for many years...Rusulting in a change in privicy laws too...I am not too furmiliar with such matters, but have a general understandingEmbarrassed...

Regarding the examples of the IFI senior actors mentioned and at the risk of being hated...All I can say is, even they are not perfect...Though their work on and off screen is credit to them...I also don't understand why their names were used as comparison...

Anyway...Not actually clear on the point I am trying to make, if any...But these were some of things which crossed my mindEmbarrassed...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-chocaholic-SHANAKFANvaish_123dishbhanTorasweetsuteWooHooHaha21-Veena-

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -SYS-

Ah.I love debates on Morals.Thank you Doc D for this post.Am now going to take this opportunity to think out loud Big smile

First let us start by questioning who exactly are we questionable to?In the normal course of our lives?Is every human only questionable to God alone or to people that he interacts with too?I ask this because I refuse to put an actor above us mere mortals in any way.
At the end of the day it is not who we are but what we are that makes us superior or inferior to others.It is not by virtue of our status in life or the glamorous quotient of our jobs that determine our station here, even though that seems to sadly have become the norm everywhere.
In my opinion while at the end of the day each of us are accountable to God alone, it is our interactions with other humans in our lives that we live and walk amongst that will be questioned.

Moving on, who then is an actor accountable to and what is he accountable for?
Answering the latter question first, as Doc D said, an actor is answerable for his craft to his fans.This cannot be denied.
However, is he also culpable for his personal life?If I am not accountable for my personal life to anyone, then I do not see why someone who is incidentally an 'actor' needs to answer to me for his life. Agreed that it is by virtue of his fans that an actor gets his fame and fortune, however at the same time is a fan not a selfish creature too?It is for his own enjoyment that the fan is watching said actor on the TV.The actor gets the fame and the fortune, the fan gets to while away a few hours absorbed in what is being shown on screen, an escape, as we say, from his or her life, from the seriousness and the harsh realities of life.In my opinion, it is a two way benefit. A win-win situation indeed (Or in some cases, a loss-loss situationLOL)

Despite all this, there also comes the question of integrity. While I feel that actors are in no way obliged to divulge any personal information, unless they want to, at the same time they must accept the truth as it is. And we as fans must look within ourselves and ask if it is for the craft or the person that we are a 'fan'? If it is the craft then in no way will it make a difference to us what the actor is doing in his actual life, how he is choosing to live.And the actor must realize this, trust his fans and make statements accordingly.
Let us not forget that it is a two-way street after all.

Love
-Y

Yummy!

You hit the nail on its head!!

It is definitely a question of integrity!!

Integrity towards oneself...one's family...one's craft...AND, one's fans! (in case of an actor!)

As you have very rightly said, actors, just like you and me do not owe anybody non 'personal' , anything 'personal' about their lives...who they hang around with, who their friends are, who they're dating, and so on and so forth!

But they have absolutely no business misrepresenting facts either!

How much does it take to just say "This is my personal space...I do not wish to comment...I am not ready yet...Kindly respect my privacy...If and when I want to, I shall definitely do the honours!"

How much does it take, really??!!

Nothing much!

Just some INTEGRITY of character!!

Love you too Yummy!

Doc D

PS: What exactly are you doing in the forum? ConfusedWinkLOL  Padhai ho gayi, jo Moral Science classes lene baith gayi! LOL
Muahh!!Big smile

Edited by dr.dsr - 16 May 2011 at 1:51pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

dr.dsr Senior Member
dr.dsr
dr.dsr

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged

Doc D fantastic post!
All one needs is simple 2 words, 'no comments', that is it! The media, the fans, the world will get the gist that the actor or the person wants privacy as far as his personal life is concerned. No tresspassing in that arena! They will back off or even if something gets flashed later they will know the actor wanted to keep it private!
But lying openly kind of diminishes the respect which the fans were bestowing. Again a public figure doesn't necessarily need to make his life public, he is entitled to his privacy & we as fans should respect it as well but here we r talking about openly lying, which almost accounts to taking the fans for a ride, that is not acceptable!
Again I feel to each the standards or the morals one adheres to is different from another, so maybe being 'in an open relationship' accounts to being 'single, ready to mingle' officially! I am just voicing my thoughts, not necessarily commenting about any1 in particular with authority, just trying to analyse the situation.
I agree with Aditee very few can be Amitabh Bachchan or SRK, not only their works speaks for themselves but their self discipline & also respect for their fans says a lot about why they r what they r today! One in showbiz ought to learn this from the legends.
Loved the post, like always.

LOVED, LOVED your post, Lana!

You've covered the dynamics of actor-fan-actor amazingly well!! ClapClapClap

Shotti, Khoob bhalo legeche! Embarrassed

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

aditeelghosh

roadsidejunkey Goldie
roadsidejunkey
roadsidejunkey

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
@di..completely agree wid u.. A simple statement as in No Comments wud hv gven us the picture and mre over earned him Sme Respect bt the countless tyms one goes arnd stating his status (which i guess is kinda of personnel )and den gives in a false cue is certainly nt dne wid...NO ONE here is stupid enough to intermix   Reel Real...wat irks are the HIGHLY irresponsible statements one makes on d social networking sites questioning our Intellectual level!its my Pov hope i made it clear..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-chocaholic-dr.dsrvaish_123

Go to top