Rang Badalti Odhani

Accountability!! DTNOTE13 SUMMARY PAGE 13 - Page 7

aditee thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Veena

I am apalled and totally disappointed at the use of some offensive language on this thread!

Please review and take action.

I was told use of words like "utter stupidity" is strictly not allowed.

Most of us have graduate degrees and some have Ph Ds and Post Docs also.

Doc D is an highly qualified physician, post doc researcher for a leading corporation.

Just as there is no place for sarcasm there is also no place of disrespect for such an educated member.

I am hugely offended!

Its unfortunate that such words will be uttered in reference to her.

I am totally disappointed

Thanks and Warm Regards

Aditee
Edited by aditee - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I'm sorry Dr. D I got your point

but I am still going to question you the following:

Did he ask us to believe him or not? It is free will to do what we want so he didn't ask us but we did any ways right? So if we are hurt, why blame him?

He doesn't control our mind or our heart everyday. He doesn't tell us how to live our life. He doesn't tell us that Rooj I want you to do this for me and why should I do it? I mean, is he related to me in any way beside as fan-celebrity? I don't think so. I won't be hurt if he announce tomorrow that he is getting married to someone.

You think he lied about his image, fine that is ur belief but not mine.

He has obligations to the fans and which he fulfilled as far as I am concerned because he made his comments, didn't clear the article because he quote what he quoted implying on "friendship" twice and the pictures are not in his hand however his private life was invaded (which he had no idea about). 

So why are we blaming him again and again for our strong belief? In fact no star or celebs says that believe me coz I want you to, they hope it but never say it! It is our own free will we do so why blame him?

He clear his name, as far as I am concerned and I won't repeat that again. 

The topic now is going back and forth on the same matter but in different wordings each time. 
rooj-i thumbnail
forget it... Edited by rooj-i - 12 years ago
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aditee

Veena

I am apalled and totally disappointed at the use of some offensive language on this thread!

Please review and take action.

I was told use of words like "utter stupidity" is strictly not allowed.

Most of us have graduate degrees and some have Ph Ds and Post Docs also.

Doc D is an highly qualified physician, post doc researcher for a leading corporation.

Just as there is no place for sarcasm there is also no place of disrespect for such an educated member.

I am hugely offended!

Its unfortunate that such words will be uttered in reference to her.

I am totally disappointed

Thanks and Warm Regards

Aditee

Thanks, Aditi for standing up for me!
Love you re...Truly do!!

You know what is most disturbing...

Not that some of us, in a flurry of emotions are unable to keep a check on what we say or do...

But, to be so consumed by the 'aura' of an individual, to let the biggest power of the human mind...its rational capacity to go fly out of the window!!!

You and I have been two of the most passionate fans on this forum...the entire forum is a living testimony to that!!!

This thread has definitely not been easy...the posts are nothing short of a catharsis!!!

But we have the ability to smell the coffee, when there are indicators of the 'wake up call'!!!

Am truly saddened, how the human mind plays out...

Rational to some and Delusional to others!!!

Sad, but true!!!

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 years ago
rooj-i thumbnail
Dr D,

I hope you are aware that I am not insulting you when I used the "stupidity" reference in my comment. I was talking about everyone. 
MFRanjini thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I can't write long postsπŸ˜†

But one thing I really want to say: We are emotionally attached to RBO as we love the acting of Karan and Yashashri. Its the Shanak magic which makes us crazy. Both Karan and Yashashri are working 12-15 hours a day just to make us happy. Can't we just concentrate on the acting and the hardwork they do. They are actors whose duty is to entertain us "onscreen" not "ofscreen". So can't we love them for the acting they do?
-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I was about to post the same thing Ranju di !

The guy or even the girl in question are busy and happy enjoying their personal lives respectively...

Why are we analysing and debating and pouncing on each other for issues that even they dont care about !!!!!!

bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I have only one thing too say in this thread... that an actor is only accountable to his fans when he doesn't do his work onscreen properly. We as fans don't own the lives of actors and have no right too question them. It is sad that more than the talent.. the actor's personal life is always questioned.
dr.dsr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: saaaz

So I am flitting through the forum after a really looong time...and lo and behold come across a post created by dear DocD..who in my books shall remain one of the most sincere fans of Shanak ... and what a post?!! ..one that tingles my brain cells..another rarity on the forum ...

Well, it seems like there has been quite a heated discussion and points raised already..all valid and whatever may be the motivations behind the various replies, (un)fortunately I am not privy to...but I thought shall put in my two bit..the line that stayed with me the most is what I shall attempt to address...

"actors are accountable to their fans with respect to their craft...but the million dollar question is whether it is just that or more??!!!"

In my opinion, the fact of the matter is that there is only one thing that shall carry actors forward in guaranteeing shelf life...and that factor is 'IMAGE'...in the make-believe world of entertainment image is everything...when a fan spends hours on a forum discussing the show, reading and writing fiction based on characters from the show.. as fans, all we are doing is responding to the image that has been created...that image stays with us, it lets us dream, it tells us to hold on, it manifests into new fantasies and it gives a lot of us a high and the exhilaration livens up our hum drum lives...in fact even for the most impersonal and clinical viewer, image plays a huge role in wanting to see the actor again..and again ...

As an actor, the IMAGE is important because without it, there is no audience who shall be willing to invest in the make believe...and as an actor, a huge part of your responsibility is being true towards that very image you help create...either on your own or through the varying characters you portray... and this time and age of instant infotainment - FB, Twitter, Blogs etc..it is inevitable that your personal life shall overlap with your professional one...which often actors use to their advantage to enhance their image and being honest and responsible towards that very image is key in increasing your fans and maintaining your current fan base..

The day an actor shows irresponsibility towards the image..either by personal actions or behavior, no matter how great an actor on screen, for a fan, the image is broken..the dream shattered and the fan rudely awoken...and for all actors out there with limited shelf life... dudes...the day the fans wake up, it is your final day...

For all of us who think that personal behavior does not impact professional life, we could not be more wrong.. if one of the most dynamic US presidents that the world has seen in the past several decades was impeached on basis of a personal affair... what is a mere TV actor???...

Image and branding is everything...and being responsible towards that image is key to your survival in a profession where you rely on the public for your growth...after all, in the world of fluff TV shows, four people watching for sake of content can only take you so far...umm..or lets say not very far!!..

Couldnt help but do a rerun of your post!!!

What a SUPERB post this is!!!

You've nailed it, Sazzy!!! ⭐️

ACCOUNTABILTY (in the current context)...it's exactly, this!!!

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by dr.dsr - 12 years ago
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Few things help an individual more than to place responsibility upon him, and to let him know that you trust him.

People who fail at this...fail themselves first before anyone else.

My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed, my dearest pleasure when free.

I am not saying I am upset cause I am mourning over the remains of these dreams...but I am enraged because I was shown an image of an actor by the man himself but it turned out to be a myth. You should either speak the truth or not speak at all...no two ways about it!