Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Character names in SNS

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

I have recently started watching SNS and after seeing Aham's behaviour I thought to myself that his name is absolutely perfect for him and his personality/attitude! You've got to hand it to Kokila and the CVs for naming him Aham (which means 'important' or 'ego')!

And then I realised some of the other characters' names and how they fit with their personalities.

Jigar - not entirely sure of the correct translation but I think it has something to do with 'liveliness'. If that is even remotely correct then it suits him down to the ground because he is so full of life. Could someone please tell me the actual translation of the word jigar?

Gopi - relates to the gopikas, the milkmaid devotees of Shri Krishna - fantastic name for her because she is so religious and devoted to Shri Krishna.

Rashi - can mean 'sign of the zodiac' or 'amount' (as far as I understand) - the 'amount' meaning suits her because money is the only thing she cares about (apart from her mum)!

Kokila - means 'nightingale' - not entirely sure how to relate that to her personality. Any ideas?

Chirag - means 'lamp' - could relate to him being the 'light of the family' in his generation.

That's all the ones I could think of. Does anyone know if the other characters' names have meanings?

(Sorry if this has been posted before - I'm new here.)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Kokila's mother had explained that she was dark whereas all her other kids were fair. And so she named her Kokila or nightingale as you said. Nightingales are black in colour.
A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

Kokila's mother had explained that she was dark whereas all her other kids were fair. And so she named her Kokila or nightingale as you said. Nightingales are black in colour.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm slowly catching up on the earlier episodes and am not up to the part with Kokila's mother yet. What a way to name your daughter and then actually tell her - wow!
mrin0709 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Parag - name of the pollen in Flowers

Hetal - friendly