Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

Narasimha Jayanti (May 16th): Jai Narsingh Narayan (Page 2)

pakhara IF-Rockerz
pakhara
pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Sorry, I forgot to reply before I posted that.

@Lola di, thanks for creating this wonderful thread and that's so wonderful how you related that katha with those mantras, the short story, and the video clips. Always loved hearing about him. My mom used to tell me stories like that before going to bed and I wasn't scared but felt really empowered and protected afterward.

@Vedo, wow! Thanks for that briliant sigg and those mantras with the translations. The translations do help a lot! :D
And thanks for liking those stories.

@Mina, yes, that's so sweet yaar, and you're right. He isn't really scary, but actually makes you feel safer knowing that he's out there.

@Vrish, there are lots of Gods, Godesses, and even saints who have Jayantis and they aren't really their birthdays but rather their "appearance" days as they have always existed, but appeared in that form at that time. That is the word you'd find in most texts and religious sites. Take from example the Shri Vallabhacharyaji from Gunia's thread. He wasn't born like normal children, but he appeared to his mother underneath a tree, Sitaji was found by Janak, etc.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

Debipriya Senior Member
Debipriya
Debipriya

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Wonderful Thread Lola!! Star Loving all the posts Star Star ...  I just Love the character of Prahlad So Much... As shown in SK that even at the tender age of five he would be lost in a trance while chanting Shri Vishnu's name in ecstasy: "Om namoh Bhagavate Vaasudevay"! All those sc.s are so full of Devotion!!

(We have such a nice exchange of Dialogues between Prahlad and Hiranyakashipu in SK!!! I just Love the way Prahlad tried to convince his father! His voice has So Much Faith, Innocence and Sincerity... Same we can notice in the case of Vibhishan and Mandodari- their Sincere, Earnest attempt to make Raavan aware of the 'True Identity' of Shri Ram also become futile, like Prahlad.)

Just quoting some parts from the dialogues between Prahlad and Hiranyakashipu from SK (link of these sc.s are given by Lola in the second post):

Prahlad repeatedly tried to convince his father (Hiranyakashipu) that- "The world does not worship you (Hiranyakashipu) out of devotion, but out of Fear, which increases your arrogance and will ultimately lead you to astray. But as your son, I want to reclaim you from evil. It is my duty to lead you to the right path. That's why I do not worship you.  In all the three worlds, only One is worthy of worship- the Eternal, Imperishable, Supreme Godhead Vishnu, So I worship Him only. Shri Vishnu cannot be an enemey of anyone as He is the Protector of all of us" (Paalankarta). It is his (Hiranyakashipu's) illusion that Vishnu wants to destroy him. All the creatures of the Creation are His children, in the same way Hiranyakashipu is also His child, He will only destroy the unrighteous acts and Evil in him (Hiranyakashipu).  Without the Lord's Will no one can destroy another person. Until Lord's wishes, no force in the universe can destoy Prahlad. The arrogance of Hiranyakashipu blinded him to the truth (i.e.- realizing about the Lord). He needed to cast out the arrogance and egoism to surrender to the Lord with a true/pure heart. Only then Hiranayakashipu would come to know about the Lord that He is Omnipotent. Again and again Prahlad requested his father to listen to him and surrender to Lord Vishnu.As He is very merciful, He will at once forgive him and all his evil deeds, He will also make him free of all his sins. 

When, all the attempts to kill Prahlad went in vain, Hiranyakashipu decided to put an end to Prahlad with his own hands. He asked his son about the Source of the power which has saved Prahlad each time. Prahlad answered that it is the Strength of Him Who is the strength of all. The child again tried to explain that even his father also gets his power from that very source (Bhagwan/ Shri Hari). He alone gives strength to all the beings in the world. Shri Hari is Most Merciful, there is still time for Hiranyakashipu to cast out the pride and surrender to Him. He will forgive all the sins committed by him.

Hiranyakashipu was surprised that how could Prahlad know all these Knowledge in such a young age? But Prahlad said that young age is of that particular body only. Prahlad dwells in this body in the form of soul, the Soul's age is limitless, this body is illusory and the soul is also not the Ultimate truth, the Soul is merely a reflection of the Absolute (Paramatyma). In this way the Absolute dwells in every being (in Prahlad's body as well as in the body of Hiranyakashipu), and  in every atom of the universe. This Knowledge lets us see the 'Absolute' in all. After this knowledge, those wise persons do not see the bodies, they observe only the 'Spirit' Everywhere, in the whole Creation! Paramaatma is present everywhere. In the sky, on the earth, in saints and also in the demons‚ĶPrahlad could see Him everywhere in the palace also, he wanted his father to believe him but due to his ignorance, Hiranyakashipu could not realize all this truth. Then he showed a particular pillar and asked Prahlad whether the Lord is there or not and we have the apprearance of Narsimha avtaar at the end of the story.

Quoted/ Complied such a lengthy Big smile part from those sc.s as it is my Most Most Favourite sc from SK! It shows the Faith of Prahlad in such great Details!!

Now reposting a part from a prev post of mine ( in R-SK CC),  regarding Prahlad:

Recently, while going through a book on Bhakti-Yoga, I came across one interesting incident from the life of Prahlada. Thought to share it with you all:-

When offered a boon by the LORD, Prahlada thankfully denied, saying that he who asks for anything in lieu of his Sadhana or Bhakti is verily not a Sadahaka, but a businessman (vanik). But when the LORD still persisted, Prahlada said, "I pray You to destroy my desire for asking, if there is any. This is the only boon I ask of You".

(Source:- 'The Secret of Bhaktiyoga' by Gita Press, Gorakhpur)

I was just moved  by the Simplicity  and the Sincerity  of this sentence‚ĶTruly the Sadhaka should have absolutely no desire (earthly or heavenly) in mind.

With Lots of Best Wishes to all of you! Hug  Hug

Jai Narsimha Narayana!

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index