Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aymee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ok I'm back.

Hey Grace, you still here?  How is your writing coming along?

Uswah, have good night.  It was great to chat with you.  I never got to chance to chat with you.  I hope we can do it again.

EDIT:  Well, it looks like everyone left.

@ Grace, I had a great time chatting with you again also.  You and Uswah really had me in stitches especially after today.  Thank you ladies.

@ Preeti, I had a great time chatting with you also.  I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

@ Abby, good luck with your exams my dear.  Study well.  I know tomorrow (or today depending on when you are reading this 😆) is a very special day for you.  I wish you tomorrow morning. 
Edited by Aymee - 12 years ago
Aymee thumbnail
Hey Grace.

How was your dinner?

iheartChai thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Aymee

Hey Grace.

How was your dinner?

A little oily...I always have issue when I make seafood pancakes (a Korean dish I learned how to make)...always way too oily...I need to work on that.  So, I having a Coke right now trying to cut the greasy taste in my mouth 🤢

Hey, you mentioned last time you were learning Hindi?  Where you born in the states?
Edited by iheartChai - 12 years ago
Aymee thumbnail
Yes, I was born and bred in States.

I am from South India (Kerala to be exact).  So, Hindi is not my mother tongue. 

Thanks to Kis Desh, I managed to learn a lot of Hindi words and even managed to understand a sentence or two.

May I ask you a question if you don't mind?

Do you watch any other language soap operas besides Hindi or English?
Aymee thumbnail
Hey Grace give me 10 minutes.  I have to put the boys to bed.  I will be back.  😃
iheartChai thumbnail

Hey Grace give me 10 minutes.  I have to put the boys to bed.  I will be back.  😃

Okay

Yes, I was born and bred in States.

I am from South India (Kerala to be exact).  So, Hindi is not my mother tongue. 

Thanks to Kis Desh, I managed to learn a lot of Hindi words and even managed to understand a sentence or two.

May I ask you a question if you don't mind?

Do you watch any other language soap operas besides Hindi or English?

Oh...so what language you speak?

I have a couple of friends who are Malayalam.

Different language soap operas?  I've watched some Korean and Taiwanese ones.

Taiwanese are pretty crappy...it could be the one's that I've seen because they always have music idols acting...and these people can't act 🤢

Korean ones are pretty nice...some of them are very emotionally heart wrenching.  Lots of crying.

Aymee thumbnail
I'm back.

Well, in that case Grace add one more friend to your list who speaks Malayalam.  😃

I don't watch Malayalam soaps because it almost like Hindi soaps.

Then again, I never expected to watch Hindi soaps either.  I thought English soaps were tough enough.  😆
iheartChai thumbnail

I'm back.

Well, in that case Grace add one more friend to your list who speaks Malayalam.  😃

I don't watch Malayalam soaps because it almost like Hindi soaps.

Then again, I never expected to watch Hindi soaps either.  I thought English soaps were tough enough.  😆

Tough enough?  English soaps? Day time soaps like All My Children or the regular serials that come at night?

Well, at least Hindi soaps are only 30 minutes and usually family friendly.
Aymee thumbnail
Daytime soaps.  I know it isn't as bad as Indian soaps but still at times it can get frustrating.

Night time shows, I am surprised they are still around.  With all these reality shows, I can't believe they still air night shows. 

I love how you said Hindi shows are family friendly, yet in our earlier conversation with Uswah, we tried to debunk that tradtion.  😆
iheartChai thumbnail

Daytime soaps.  I know it isn't as bad as Indian soaps but still at times it can get frustrating.

Night time shows, I am surprised they are still around.  With all these reality shows, I can't believe they still air night shows. 

I love how you said Hindi shows are family friendly, yet in our earlier conversation with Uswah, we tried to debunk that tradtion.  😆

Well, they are still family friendly...we were being 🤔 with our evil minds...very, very, very naughty.

It wasn't until recently there was one Hindi show that had a 45 second kiss.  But that show is on at later hour I think 11:00pm so they are allowed to show and take about things that we here in the States talk openly about.

I mean seriously there are romantic things that go on like bed rolling, gazing into each other's eyes for 10 seconds or more...the freeze frame twirl the camera in a circle bit 😆, the hugs, forehead kisses...but that is a far cry from out and out make-out sessions we see here in the States.

My friends and I make fun of the *ahem* wedding nights shown for the Hindi serials.  We joke someone is going to get confused and think oh so we sleep with our clothes on?  So that's how babies are made? 🤣 
Edited by iheartChai - 12 years ago