India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

MAHA EPISODE OR MAHA MOCKERY????

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged

Hi guys...I know most of u will be shocked to read the title of my post...but before u all start cursing me and grumble that here comes another one writing the same thing...I would like to tell u all that this title was put by me only to ensure that it would garner the interest of GF members...and moreover since yesterday this is all that I have been reading on the forum about the ME (maha episode)...

Since I was unable to watch the ME at 8pm I had decided to read about it and then watch it in the 6am re-run...but on visiting the forum I was so disappointed reading most of the posts that I decided to give it a skip...however after reading the posts of two viewers (will not take names) who wrote positively about the episode I decided to watch it...believe me after watching it it took me nearly 2 hours to decide to write this...

Before I give my POV on the ME I would like to say something on this week's episodes...this week went off so beautifully that I can watch the whole week's episodes repeatedly time permitting...there was the perfect blend of fun, laughter, romance, and of course passion...I mean who can imagine GHSP without the famous Maneet passion?... The last scene on Friday was an indication of big things to come in the ME...luckily I did not go overboard with my expectations...so maybe thats the reason I am able to write this in a logical manner...

Now coming to the ME...I had expected it to start from the point where they left off on Friday with MSK telling Geet he wants to become a papa...so felt quite let down when it started with Dev-Nandini and earrings...but as the episode progressed I realised why they had left that for later...here are some points I want to make about what I think of the episode...

1. The episode was good...given it was a one hour thing we all expected the impossible...that we would get at least 20-30 minutes of Maneet..(although all 40 minutes would have been most welcome)...but the Cvs did not comply with this wish...so we are disappointed...It is only now that I read somewhere that DD had fallen ill and that was why Maneet's part had to be cut short...

2. Next was the goon track...frankly speaking the goons looked more like jokers and less like the "looteres" they were made out to be...but that can also be understood...the CVs wanted to show SR happening where Maneet had started their journey to love from...in the jungles...remember it was exactly in such a 'tabela'/hut that they had first hugged...so for that they had to have the goons coming, attacking, and Maneet going off on their own...so the goon track was also acceptable...as for the actors playing goons...lets forget them and simply thank them that they got Maneet together...

3. The fight between Maan and the goons...GC superb as usual...no one can ever dispute the fact that he is superb in action scenes...as in all other scenes...

4. The water scene between Maneet ...as always Gurti did a fabulous job of it...DD looked tired...which fitted the part as they were ruinning away from the goons she was exhausted, scared etc etc...and DD had also been ill...so let's accept that she.looked the part she was supposed to look...good expressions...loving gestures...et al...

5. Now for the Dev- Nandini scenes...one reason for more of them again could be that DD could not shoot more scenes...also the love track has to be developed so what better way than to leave them alone?...Now for the fact that almost every one on the forum seems to hate the thought of any love track for Dev...mu POV is Geet has found her soul-mate, and the love of her life...she has moved ahead in life...so why not Dev...true he has committed a sin...etc etc...but why keep harping on that and that he deserves punishment etc etc...let him also find someone...he will definitely have a tough time explaining to the family what he did to Geet...but that would be a future track...for now Geet is ready to consummate her marriage, and is extremely happy in her married life...so why should she hold any grudge against him now?...I think the Cvs are right when they say let all be put in the past and let them all move on in their lives so that they (the CVs) can move on with the story...(I know many won't agree with this...but this is my POV)...

6. As for Mama-goon track...it did drag but I think because Maneet scenes were less they needed to do something to fill the time...so that also we must understand...

7. Last but not the least...the final 4-5 mins of the episode...mindblowing expressions, superbly executed, without any inhibitions to a wonderful song from Omkara...(even as I am typing this am listening to the song)...a beautiful song, most fitted to the situation...and Gurti too were superb enacting it...I don't know about others but I at least did not find it 'pheeka' at all...and we must not forget that this is aired on Indian TV...where we watch it with our families...so there has to be a limit to what can be shown...even I who am married would have felt embarrassed watching it with my family...so I watched it alone...

PS: I am sorry if I have bored u all with my extra-long post but I always get upset when I see that so many GHSP fans always jump at the very first opportunity they get to criticise the show... we must understand the constraints under which the makers and the actors work...Also please accept my heartfelt apologies if I have hurt anyone's feelings...but this is a show very close to my heart and I always jump to support it...

I love the show, the forum and all the members on it who do such a great job to keep it alive and interesting...thanx a lot to all of u and hats off to u all too...

Edited by hamavand - 15 May 2011 at 12:07am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

dent4ufatiya52110virgo24EimenEnchantedZayaHarshikakhushi_4ever

khushi_4ever IF-Rockerz
khushi_4ever
khushi_4ever

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged
Hi, so u have seen the episode now...i liked ur take on it...as it is not that far away from what i hade felt...i liked ur points2,3,4,5...loved the last line of 2

But here is the difference...i too watched the repeat today in the morning and my feeling of discontentment was increased...why...becoz see...remember "tere mast mast do nain..." coupled with dialogues, time and song...that will take the cake if u put it with yesterday's one...remember "kurban huwa..." that too so early in the show... now if they cut it short and are planning on prolonging it on Monday(as i have written in my post...they are shooting as we write this...), then i think that is a different story.

Yesterday too the scene was intense...but even while seeing the repeat telecast i was afraid to blink as it will then pass...it was just 3 minutes and 56 seconds one...

I am sorry to hear DD was sick...and only that is the reason that i feel chalo thik hai... other than that RBO's Sr was more...in everything...the only prob being i didnt feel emotionally attunied with them as i do with Maaneet.
Sorry for such a long comment...

Edited by khushi_4ever - 15 May 2011 at 12:26am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sky_86virgo24-Zahra15-Mehek25

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
No Khushi its was good to read ur comment...I too was a bit disappointed but this morning only I read in another post that DD was ill...so i think they may continue it again on Monday...i too had wanted more...but tried to understand the POV of the makers also and therefore satisfied myself...I agree that RTM, Kurbaan hua, and all other song sequences were very passionate...but in O Saathi re what i liked most was the passion coupled with the gentleness and sweet love that MSK feels for Geet...he did not force her just said he was trying to read the answer to his question in her eyes...even if she had refused he would neither have forced her nor would her answer have lessened his love for her...that shows the depth of his feelings for her...hot passion is something but when there is passion coupled with love and understanding of the other's feelings thats a combination which makes for eternal happiness and an everlasting relationship...as we say janam janam ka saath...so after Romeo and Juliet, Heer-Raanjha, couples should start to swear by the love of Maneet...Wink 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

virgo24khushi_4ever

khushi_4ever IF-Rockerz
khushi_4ever
khushi_4ever

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hamavand

No Khushi its was good to read ur comment...I too was a bit disappointed but this morning only I read in another post that DD was ill...so i think they may continue it again on Monday...i too had wanted more...but tried to understand the POV of the makers also and therefore satisfied myself...I agree that RTM, Kurbaan hua, and all other song sequences were very passionate...but in O Saathi re what i liked most was the passion coupled with the gentleness and sweet love that MSK feels for Geet...he did not force her just said he was trying to read the answer to his question in her eyes...even if she had refused he would neither have forced her nor would her answer have lessened his love for her...that shows the depth of his feelings for her...hot passion is something but when there is passion coupled with love and understanding of the other's feelings thats a combination which makes for eternal happiness and an everlasting relationship...as we say janam janam ka saath...so after Romeo and Juliet, Heer-Raanjha, couples should start to swear by the love of Maneet...Wink 

Loved the part i have  highlighted as i too had felt that when i saw the episode...and believe it or not when i saw that and the earlier part where she leans on him and can't walk any further...and he picks her up i felt... Oh God do u really make men like him...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

virgo24Mehek25

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
So true...men like him are one in a million in today's world...thats why i think we expect so much from this show...the way the makers have visualised and etched the character of MSK...makes every girl wish and pray that she gets a husband like him...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

khushi_4ever

x-affy-x IF-Stunnerz
x-affy-x
x-affy-x

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Your an excellent analyist  Wink
I come from England and i'd be so embarrased to watch it with my family
they all watch Geet but not all mind think alkike
we love their romance but people dont understand that the CV's have to cater for all people
and elder people wouldn't  be very satisfied watching such scenes
and you could DD was ill and maybe thats why it was so short
for our desires one's health shouldnt be sacrificedSmile

Mehek25

ANGILS.KALI Goldie
ANGILS.KALI
ANGILS.KALI

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged
i am totaly agree with you. . . . But atleast RTM , aja mere mahi and kurba hua us se jyada nai to utana to romantic passionat hona tha.. . . . . .
monday i hope some better romance. .
Atleast dd & gc done best job passion, romancd, eferts. .its very well by them
its cv's who not did there job good. They run.

But your post is good, nice best

Edited by Kalikak - 15 May 2011 at 2:45am

Mehek25

Mehek25 IF-Sizzlerz
Mehek25
Mehek25

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:30am | IP Logged
i am glad that some at least think that on Indian TV we need to draw the line somewhere since we cater to a particular mindset...I too am not able to watch this with family...need to be alone to watch it as it gets quite embarrassing at times...but i still love the show and am a die-hard fan of Maneet/Gurti...simply love them...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top