Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I felt proud of Bollywood: Saif Ali Khan

Salmanayesha IF-Sizzlerz
Salmanayesha
Salmanayesha

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
I felt proud of Bollywood: Saif Ali Khan

Mumbai: It's always nice to have people look after you when you are in a foreign land and especially for the opening night of the most sought after international film event where the world's best congregate. The interest of being present at the Festival De Cannes as a guest of global luxury brand Chivas Regal was strong.

The flight from Mumbai to Nice in France was long, but the personal welcome on arrival was most refreshing. I was driven straight to the classy and luxurious Martinez Hotel. The Tom Ford jacket which I planned to wear seemed apt for the red carpet. A sense of expectation was there, and a certain curiosity to meet the finest in my profession.

The 'red carpet' at Cannes is most talked about and leads to the opening movie premiere at 7 in the evening. A section of people and media here are no less crazy about Bollywood than in Mumbai. Walking the red carpet with many flashbulbs clicking is something we are used to back home, but seeing the international media with a similar sense made me feel proud of our country, our industry and felt good personally. The movie Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris lived up to its billing for opening Festival De Cannes, 2011.

I am told that a Michelin meal at the Palme d'or was waiting for me when I finished with the screening. After that we headed out to the after partyon the Croisette. I planned to catch up with quite a few guests from the global fraternity. We sure did let our hair down. Yesterday a helicopter waited to take me to Nice Airport, from where I took a flight back home.

Link http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_i-felt-proud-of-bollywood-saif-ali-khan_1542692

Edited by Salmanayesha - 14 May 2011 at 3:09pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocoptersheee

-PinaColada- IF-Sizzlerz
-PinaColada-
-PinaColada-

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Is he proud of himself???LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee

sheee IF-Sizzlerz
sheee
sheee

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
I wish we could feel the same about you, saifuuu. We missed you over there. You were no where to be seen. But its all good. Not a big deal.

Edited by sheee - 14 May 2011 at 3:29pm
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top