Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjaani07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Resh_kinhafan

Wow asma di...awesome ff!! U r truely talented...seems more lyk a pro!!
I was preparin 4 ma xam yest so was not able 2 read it... I felt so relaxed aftr readin ur ff!!
Incase if u dont remember me...i'm reshma...v hav chatd only once!!

Hey Reshma!! Yep i remember u sweetie😊 Thanks for enjoying it, i dont know about pro but i do enjoy writing about nivren, it's fun😉 Glad it relaxed u and good luck for ur exams sweetie xx
anjubala thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Asma, read your FF. It is great. I am so glad you have started to write this. We need it. I loved the way you gave the introduction. Keep it u. I am enjoying it and liking the way you are building the story..
anjaani07 thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjubala

Hey Asma, read your FF. It is great. I am so glad you have started to write this. We need it. I loved the way you gave the introduction. Keep it u. I am enjoying it and liking the way you are building the story..

Thank u Anju!! Will continue later this week if i get time, hope u keep enjoying it! And thankx for earlier too🤗
maher-luv-nivi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

fab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really great contiuo soon
mitzi11 thumbnail
read in one
what excellent updates
my dear
love it core
nivren intro super
update soonnn

thank-you-desi-glitters-35

suman4evr thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi Asma 🤗 im so happy that you have started writing an FF...i just love the way the story is going so far...you are such a talented writer...i can totally tell that your FF is going to be one of the best...eagerly waiting for your next update😃...love ya
anjaani07 thumbnail
Chapter 5

Viren ran into the house with Nivi's laugh still ringing in his ears and saw that it was his mum who'd called him. 'Kaha tha tu?!' Viren sighed at his mum's overly anxious expression, 'Maa, main bahar swimming karne chala gaya tha...' he smiled as he remembered the drenching he'd gotten. Chanchal didn't laugh at the joke, she gave him a stern expression and hugged him saying she'd been worried, he'd only just come home after so long, she'd barely seen him all day...Viren stopped listening and just smiled as she let it all out in a worried rush.

After a few minutes he heard her mention something about a pooja tomorrow evening and he quickly tried to think of a way out of it. Before he could say anything though, Chanchal said 'Sab log waha honge Viren, aur tera koi bahana nahi chalega!' Viren made a face and said 'Teek hai Maa...lekin ab main jaoo?!' He left the hall quickly and went to his room thinking he loved his mum but she was always so bothered by what 'people' would think and it drove him mad.

Later as he was getting ready for bed, Viren suddenly remembered his flute. He thought back to where he'd had it last and decided he must have left it on the roof because he didn't remember it being in his hands when he was with Nivi. As he thought about Nivi Viren smiled automatically, remembering the way her eyes flashed with anger and the look of happy surprise on her face when she realised who he was. He was glad she remembered him, he didn't have many friends in Shimla and even though they'd only met again today he still considered her as one. The four of them had been close as kids, even though Nivi was a year or so younger than him and Divya and few more years younger than Siddarth.

As Viren got into bed, he tried to compare the Nivi he'd met today to the one he'd known. She'd always been so full of energy and used to want to join in with them even though she was younger; he'd always loved teasing her and she used to believe anything he told her so he would make up crazy stories and watch as her eyes got bigger and bigger in amazement. Today it had been just as much fun to annoy her as always but he found himself wanting to know more about who she was now; what made her smile, what made her laugh and what made her sad...and what she'd been doing all these years they hadn't been in touch. Viren closed his eyes and sleepily decided he would find all these things out about her and more. He remembered feeling the need to come home he was happy he'd listened to it as he fell asleep with a smile on his face.

In the Sharma house, Nivi put away the last of the dishes she'd just dried and went to her room, trying to make as less noise as possible since everyone was asleep. She started to get ready for bed when her eyes fell on the flute she'd left on her dresser. She picked it up and sat down on the bed and looked it over thinking it was beautiful and wondering if she'd get to hear Viren play it; she didn't know how long he was here for. The thought made her sad for some reason and she hoped they didn't lose touch again if and when he did leave.

Nivi hadn't thought about Viren for years; they'd all been so young and her the youngest so she was surprised to find she still had clear memories of their childhood even though she hadn't thought of them till now. They'd all been friends but although Nivi would never have admitted it then (and even more so now!) she'd always felt closer to Viren than Sid. He'd teased her the most out of anyone but he'd made her laugh and also cheered her up when she'd felt sad about her mum. She laughed quietly as she suddenly remembered a little Viren telling her she could have his mum if she wanted. She remembered him trying to teach her how to climb a tree and then shouting at her when she fell but then putting a plaster on her knee while she cried.

She shook her head clear of the memories as she put Viren's flute on the bedside table and got into bed thinking what a crazy day it had been. She was happy Viren had come home and it felt like they were still friends but she still had that odd feeling she'd had when she'd woken up in the morning, like everything was about to change. As she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, she realised that she no longer felt so anxious about it. 
Edited by anjaani07 - 12 years ago
anjaani07 thumbnail
Chapter 6

The next morning Nivi opened the front door to find Viren leaning against wall by the door with his arms folded and a smile on his face. She was surprised to see him but before she could speak, he gave her a cheeky grin and said, 'Hi Moti, can you come out to play today?!' Although Nivi knew she should be annoyed, she couldn't help but laugh at the words which brought back memories of sunny, carefree days. After a few seconds, she narrowed her eyes at him and said sweetly, 'Nahi Viren...Dadi warned me not to play with the naughty boy from next door...' Viren frowned but Nivi could still see a cheeky look in his eyes, 'That's really bad of you Nivi...Siddarth ke baare mein aisi baat?! Bechara yahaan hai bhi nahi!' He smirked as if he'd won a point but Nivi just laughed and said 'You know it wasn't Sid she was warning me about Viren!'

Viren by now had totally forgotten what he'd come for and he rolled his eyes at the complete unfairness of that comment saying 'I wasn't THAT bad! You -' before he could finish his sentence he heard someone saying 'Kaun hai Nivi?' and Viren turned a little to see Dadi coming up behind Nivi with a worried look on her face. She looked older and more tired than he remembered her but she was still the same Dadi with the same twinkling eyes behind her glasses. When she saw him, the worried look vanished and a big smile grew on her face, 'Tu Viren hai naa?! Vadana ne bataya tha ke tu ghar waapas aa raha hai!' Viren nodded with a smile and she came forward and touched his cheek lightly saying, 'Kitna bara ho gaya hai...chal andar, Nivi ne kal gajar ka halwa banaya tha' with a knowing smile on her face. Viren laughed and said 'Dadi!' happily, before touching her feet quickly and then hugging her.

He couldn't believe she still remembered his favourite halwa, 'Aap ko abhi bhi woh sab yaad hai Dadi?!' he asked as she took his arm and walked him into the house. 'Kaise bhool jaa thi main?!' She patted his arm, 'Tu toh mera accha baccha tha...aur roz aa jata tha halwa kaane!' They both laughed as they walked into the living area and Viren looked back for a second to give Nivi a smug smirk. He laughed again as Nivi made a face and went into the kitchen shaking her head and muttering something under her breath.

Viren sat down next to Dadi and looked around as she asked him if he was staying in Shimla for good this time. He told her he hadn't thought about it but had no immediate plans to leave either. It was strange how at home he felt this time, almost like he'd never been away. Normally it took him a couple of days to settle in and then it was time to go but this time felt different. Dadi was just telling him that Yash was at college when a girl rushed in saying 'Dadi, Nivi kaha hai? Apna phone kyu nahi uta thi?!'

The girl was a little taller than Nivi and was pretty with dark brown shoulder length hair. She was looking annoyed as she walked in but smiled when she saw Viren. She walked straight over to him and held out a hand, 'Hey, Viren right?! I'm Divya.' Viren stood up and shook her hand saying, 'Haan...lekin?' thinking how did everyone in this house know who he was? Divya must have read his face because she laughed and said 'Nivi told me she...errm bumped into you a couple of times yesterday...' and Viren knew she knew about the bike incident as well as everything else. She laughed again at his expression and took her hand back. As Viren sat back down he thought he heard her mutter 'She missed a few things out though...' under her breath but when he looked up, she was smiling innocently.

Divya  asked how he was liking being back in Shimla and he said he hadn't been out much but was enjoying himself meeting everyone again. She seemed to be the same, friendly Divya he remembered although he had less vivid memories of her as she'd always been with Siddarth. They spoke a little about what they'd studied at Uni and Divya said Nivi had studied Art and Design. She was just telling him about an awful interview Nivi had been to the day before when he looked up to see Nivi come into the room with a tray.
Edited by anjaani07 - 12 years ago
anjaani07 thumbnail
Chapter 7

Nivi walked into the living room with Virens' halwa to see that Divya had joined them and they were all chatting like old friends. She stood there for a few minutes and smiled at the scene and watched as Viren laughed at something Dadi said; he had a nice laugh, one of those open hearted, care free laughs that made you want to join in. She could see how happy Dadi looked and was glad because she knew she'd been worrying about Keshav a lot lately as he worked so many long hours. She hoped that her getting a job would help things but it wasn't happening for her at the moment. She sighed, feeling a little sad at the thought and came forward with the tray when she realised they'd been talking about her interview.

Viren looked up as she came in and smiled up at her as she handed him the bowl of halwa. He said thanks and Nivi felt her sad mood slip away as she looked at his smile; he looked like the happiest guy on earth with that bowl and Nivi couldn't help smile back. He took a bite of the halwa and closed his eyes in appreciation saying 'Wow Dadi, aap ki halwa ko maine kitna miss kiya, pata hai?!' before he carried on eating happily. Dadi opened her mouth to say that actually Nivi had made it but Nivi shook her head so she stopped and just said 'Jee bhar ke kha le beta, aur jab bhi mann kare khaane ko, yahaan aa jana.' Dadi had already told him that Nivi had made the halwa at the door but Viren had either forgotten or not heard and Nivi thought he looked so happy, let him think it was the same halwa he ate as a kid.

After a few moments, Dadi got up and moved around the room and Nivi could see she was putting a pooja thaali together. Nivi went and sat by Divya who elbowed her and looked over to make sure Viren was still busy eating before she motioned with her eyes that she wanted to have a word with her. When Nivi looked confused, Divya mouthed 'Baad mein' and then went back to looking innocent as Dadi came back. 'Mujhe ab mandir jaana hai, tum log bet ke baatein karo.' Dadi touched Viren on the shoulder saying 'Chal thi hoon beta, aaj bohth accha laga, phir zaroor aana' and he said he would with a smile, setting down his empty bowl on the table. She looked at Nivi and said 'Nivi, Viren ko chai bana ke bhi dena' and then left.

After Dadi had gone, Viren looked at Nivi and said 'You make tea?!' in a disbelieving tone and when Nivi frowned he quickly said 'No I just meant, I can't imagine little Nivi making tea for real!' He looked at Divya for support, who started laughing and said, 'That was years ago Viren, remember whenever we used to play house, Nivi used to always make 'tea'...' Viren gave a little laugh and finished off Divya's sentence, '...and then she used to force us to say it tasted nice and if we didn't she used to get mad and throw the whole tea set at us with the water and everything!!'

They both laughed hard and Nivi felt annoyed but at the same time she wanted to laugh at the image their words brought up. Instead she shook her head at them and said, 'My water-tea was the best tea ever, you all just have really bad taste!' Viren just carried on laughing and Nivi rolled her eyes when they finally stopped and asked Viren if he really did want tea or not. He smiled and said 'I better not risk it, kya pata, I might not like it and get real tea thrown over me!' He winked at Nivi as Divya started laughing again but then he stood up quickly holding up his hands in a gesture of surrender as she started to argue.

'Sorry Nivi, actually I didn't even mean to stay this long! I came to ask you for a favour, not to fight...' Viren smiled his best smile hopefully at both Divya and Nivi and when Nivi still looked annoyed he sighed and said 'Fine! Your water-tea was the best tea ever...and also the halwa you made was delicious, can I have some to take home?!' He smiled again and watched as Nivi first looked surprised that he'd known all along and then blushed a little at the compliment. She looked so sweet and innocent when she blushed that it made Viren forget what he had come for again when she asked him what favour he wanted exactly.

After recovering from his blank moment, Viren told them about the pooja that they were having at home that evening and how he had somehow ended up having to sort out the flowers but really had no clue where to get anything and could they help?! He must have sounded desperate enough because Nivi finally took pity on him and said they were all invited to the pooja anyway and she knew where they sold nice flowers so would help. Divya had sat and watched Nivi and Viren quietly for a bit with a small smile on her face but now she stood up and said she could maybe help a little later but had to go out for a bit so would meet them later if she could and left after saying bye to them and telling Viren it had been nice catching up.

'Ok chal Moti, let's go now to get the flowers!' Viren looked at Nivi impatiently and Nivi held up a finger, 'Ek minute, I have a few things to do first and then we can go, but only on one condition...stop calling me Moti!!' Viren tried not to laugh at her stubborn expression and said 'Teek hai...Nivedita!' He tilted his head to one side and stretched out the syllables of her name softly and was expecting some sort of response so was surprised when she just stared for a few seconds and then looked down.

Nivi listened to Viren say her name and felt an odd flutter in her chest as he said it... It was just her name and she was sure he'd said it before so she didn't know why she felt strange. Maybe she should just let him keep calling her Moti... she looked down and told herself to get a grip before taking a deep breath and telling Viren she had a few chores to do so he could pick her up in an hour to go and get the flowers.

Viren watched Nivi and thought she was much harder to figure out now; as she looked down, he suddenly wished he could see into her mind... She was definitely different to the Nivi he remembered but not in a bad way. She told him to pick her up in an hour so he said ok and thanked her for agreeing to help. He turned to leave and was just going out of the front doors when he heard Nivi call out. 'Viren! Tum kuch bhool nahi gaye?!' He turned around and gave her a questioning look and she motioned for him to wait and disappeared.

Nivi came out a couple of minutes later with a little tub of halwa in her hand and she watched Virens' face light up as he took it and realised what it was. 'Thanks Mo...Nivedita!' He gave her a big smile and said 'See you in a bit, bye!' cheerfully and jumped down the few stairs before heading home. Nivi watched him go with a smile thinking he looked like a kid when he was excited. As she went back into the house, she suddenly remembered she'd forgotten to give him his flute back.
Anisha_91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Diii!!! OMV...these chapters are TOTALLY awesome!!! Love it love it. Loving Nivi and Viren's bond, and everything you wrote about their childhood its awesome and sooo cute. Btw loving this Divya she is soo sweet. and Viren's smirks ahhh glad you included Viren's famous smirk hehe. Thanks for the amazing chapters and please please try and write more for tomorrow. x