Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: mogliF21

nothing to do w/ The West. the novel was written that way & it was written by an Indian.

i hated the movie City of Joy, cause the novel was written by a westerner to give their world some masochistic pleasure.🤢 

I meant generally the West loves to portray India as this dirty filthy place...google articles on India on US news sites and you'll see what I'm saying

I still loved Slumdog though

Originally posted by: koolchick

I meant generally the West loves to portray India as this dirty filthy place...google articles on India on US news sites and you'll see what I'm saying

I still loved Slumdog though

i do agree w/ you, KC. that's why i repelled watching Roland Joff's City of Joy, adapted from a Novel by Dominique Lapierre. 

but, it's human nature. if one is in a better position he/she tends to like masochism.

the girl who never experienced domestic violence, likes to watch movies like Daman or Chandni Bar, but the fellow who experience these things happening around him/her  everyday hates to watch those movies.  

^That's very true...these are two different societies and as such the films they prefer will be markedly different