Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

#Devil's Den# - Fans in shock, SR was a wash (Page 56)

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
@Medha: Did you see the desire in either of their expressions? Had it been that it would have still looked spontaneous and understandable. 

It was done under the guise of impending fatherhood...and it came across looking like-  he wanted to jump her no matter her bone weariness! All for a baby. Where was the love, where was the desire?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

21-07Sanjanareddy84hegdemedhaBinge

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged
I do hope they continue with the con and not postpone it to some other day when they have a welll prepared room which makes it all too filmy and cliched. This way it would retain its uniqueness.

hegdemedhaBingeXSilentPrayersXmysteriousmilli

Binge IF-Rockerz
Binge
Binge

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Loved ur analysis, Medha! Smile 

Actually speaking, this was indeed a good tactic frm CVs' side! They did not show the SR properly and all of us are hoping for Monday magic.. if that is not shown, we will keep waiting till they return Delhi.. Sam might appear and the saga for the CON will be on wait! LOL Nice tactic to hook the viewers! Stern Smile

Sanjanareddy84hegdemedhaXSilentPrayersXmysteriousmilli

21-07 Senior Member
21-07
21-07

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
hey medha! was goin thru ur posts..they are fab..
acha answer my question naa which i posted..i m just askin for fun..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sanjanareddy84hegdemedha

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Shraddha, the desire was there, only it was subtle and not loud.  We have been used to seeing steamier scenes so we can compare but under the circumstances, I think they did a reasonably good job.  Maaneet were fatigued from all the running around in the heat of summer. So that has to come through in the scene. They cannot look fresh as a daisy (as Medha put it). Moreover the actors too were fatigued I think.  I dont think they were doing it for the baby.  I agree with you that the previous day's line would make one think so. I did not like it when Maan said "Mein papa banna chahata huin."  If this was a euphemism for con it was in bad taste.  If he meant it, he is nuts. If we just look at it as Geet's consent to take their relationship to the next level as she herself said today, what followed was an expression of their love and not obligation.  

Edited by Opti - 15 May 2011 at 12:57am

Sanjanareddy84hegdemedha-pixie-mysteriousmilli

hegdemedha IF-Dazzler
hegdemedha
hegdemedha

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged
@ Shradha: I have to confess to being real bad at analysing such scenes.   Generally, I look for meaning and closures, where there is probably none.

Edit: Let's assume that Maan meant actual "fatherhood" and did not use it as a figure of speech.

Ok, let me put forth what I saw. 

What was the sequence again?  He is heading out to play the role of provider.  She stops him and asks him to play the role of protector. He asks her for her answer to his earlier question (about him wanting to become a father).  She -- one of the two, who we are told, understand each other perfectly -- looks at him.  He reads an answer in it to his question about fatherhood and verbalises her answer as a "no".  She pulls him back and tells him that her answer is a "yes".  She tells him that she is willing to take their relationship to the next level. 

Was this in response to the question he asked her the previous night?  

Or  was it an answer to the question raised during the RTM sequence, where he wanted her to voice her love for him before they took their relationship to the next level?  Let's remember that, just the night before, on the terrace, he told her that he loved her.  I can't remember .. did she too tell him that she loved him?

Or again, was it a completion of their decision prior to holi to start their relationship anew, afresh with the hope of a new family?

Now, if the desire was absent in both of their eyes, we can't accuse him of wanting to jump his wife, her weariness notwithstanding.  If the desire was present, I'd see it as an expression of love, not lust.

And, I'd take recourse to Opti's earlier post, where she points out how Geet's eyes took on a new shine after she expressed her consent to taking their relationship to the next level.

PS: Did I end up answering your question?  Actually, I am not sure if I can answer it.

Edited by hegdemedha - 15 May 2011 at 1:04am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

polly23-pixie-GeekgodSoapoperasrfunshaliXSilentPrayersX

XSilentPrayersX IF-Sizzlerz
XSilentPrayersX
XSilentPrayersX

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:58am | IP Logged
According to Ajay Agarwall 'Dilli door nahii"Ermm   which means we might not get anything on Monday...Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedha

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:59am | IP Logged
Opti that is my whole problem- from a continuity point of view- it was such a botch job. Its not a sitcom where one episode will not have any relationship with the last one. This is a narrative- I, as a viewer, am not expecting too much if I link one episode with the next.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hegdemedha

Go to top