Posted: 12 years ago
Print   Close
Bollywood 
India Today MoviesBollywood Story
Courtesy: Mail Today

Zoya and 'Zindagi' hang on Hrithik Roshan

Priyanka Srivastava and Lipika Varma | Mail Today  | April 20, 2011 | 10:37
Hrithik Roshan
Hrithik Roshan has been ensuring that Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara does not release on time. Yes, you heard it right. At a time when Hrithik is not doing too many films and was following on the lines of Aamir Khan, one felt that here was a guy who would clearly want to promote his film. But, we hear that the actor is not too happy with the way this film has turned out.

Don't know how much of this is true but the buzz is that Hrithik is not too happy about the film and is taking his own time to decide the promotional schedule of the film, which is directed by Zoya Akhtar. Hrithik is not happy with Zoya giving more footage to brother Farhan in the movie which has created a rift between her and the actor.

As a result, Hrithik has been reduced to the sidelines in the film prompting him to even sarcastically remark that he is so conspicuous by his absence in the film in some scenes that one could actually miss him in the movie. And that clearly meant that he did not want to promote the film as his own because he did not feel like a part of the movie and did not want to take the burden of the film on his shoulders.

In the meantime, Hrithik's squabble with Salman Khan over Guzaarish prompted Pocket Hercules to declare the release date of his film Ready bang opposite Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara leading to panic in the Farhan Akhtar-Ritesh Sidhwani camp. Duggu eventually had to visit a Salman Khan family event and apologise to Sallu in person.

The film had then been pushed to June from May. With Hrithik's expected absence between early June and the release date of the film the makers have further postponed it. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara is now being readied for a July release based on Hrithik's commitments.

Other stars, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol are not crowd pullers as we all know. Katrina Kaif's presence is not enough for the film to sail through the promotional stage. Let us hope Hrithik does promote the film enough for people to see but it remains to be seen if the film's worth it.

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Now I am wondering if Hrithik is getting back at Zoya or the media..I remember Abhay Deol doing that during Aisha promotions..The Faridoon one must be still viewable..He just laughed at everything..

Printed from

Hrithik getting back at the media?

Seema Sinha, TNN | May 16, 2011, 11.51am IST
Dressed in blue casual t-shirt and jeans, Bollywood hunk Hrithik Roshan was out to have loads of fun and laugh at the trailer launch of Zoya Akhtar's much awaited road trip film 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'.

He was either giving smart-alec answers, or answering on other's behalf, or else poking fun at the media. Referring to Kalki Koechlin's marriage, when some one asked that who is the next to get married from the team, Hrithik retorted, "Kya main aapko pandit lagta hoon? (Do you think I am a pandit?) When asked the most dangerous stunt the crew members did in the film, on behalf of the film producer, Ritesh Sidhwani, Hrithik said, "Signing our cheques."

And whenever somebody praised him for his looks or body, Hrithik would look up and start giving a 'speech', "I would like to thank my mom, my dad, god..for making me look so lovely and keeping me in good shape.." Wonder if he was getting back at the media for giving him bad press. The film's promo on television can be seen from May 29 onwards.

Edited by you2 - 12 years ago
Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
Oh no i feared dat duggu was sidelined in da movie afta watchin da trailer

I hope derz enuf of him in it😒 Bt watever da case maybe he'll rock da role given to him😳

Go hrithik!!!
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Shona93

^^ haha same here...OMG I LUV it ssoo muchh! :P

i jst hope it lives upto da hype😳

It will! No need to worry!

AND HR was sidelined? I felt everyone except the girls were given even space!
Actually the girls were given quite some space too! :)
ladygaga thumbnail

Very boring promo... very very thanda!! No zing at all.. It might work coz of the summer.. and i hope it works for Katrina's sake.. there are usually two hritiks.. one that overacts and hams like heck.. and he other one who is cotrolled when he is acting and who is hot... i watched this promo without sound so i dunno which hritik is acting in this movie.. lol.. he does look hot.. but i hope his acting doesn't tilt to the wannabeness side... Abhay deol is better in CRUDE roles.. OLLO, DD... he was subtle in socha na tha.. and Aisha.. hopefully he can be a bit subtle and charming in this one.. i hate farhaan akhtar.. he isn't good to look at, he can't act.. he just doesn't appeal to me.. i don't get kalki's appeal either... coz mabye i wasn't able to sit through dev d to the part.. she arrives in the movie.. Kat seems like the most confident out of the lot.. i say the whole movie is dependant on her.. others just look lost.. and seem as if they are trying a bit too hard.

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LOL in that article @you2 posted...HR seems pissed! 😆
Katalicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: ladygaga

Very boring promo... very very thanda!! No zing at all.. It might work coz of the summer.. and i hope it works for Katrina's sake.. there are usually two hritiks.. one that overacts and hams like heck.. and he other one who is cotrolled when he is acting and who is hot... i watched this promo without sound so i dunno which hritik is acting in this movie.. lol.. he does look hot.. but i hope his acting doesn't tilt to the wannabeness side... Abhay deol is better in CRUDE roles.. OLLO, DD... he was subtle in socha na tha.. and Aisha.. hopefully he can be a bit subtle and charming in this one.. i hate farhaan akhtar.. he isn't good to look at, he can't act.. he just doesn't appeal to me.. i don't get kalki's appeal either... coz mabye i wasn't able to sit through dev d to the part.. she arrives in the movie.. Kat seems like the most confident out of the lot.. i say the whole movie is dependant on her.. others just look lost.. and seem as if they are trying a bit too hard.

I completely disagree with you. You disappointed me so much But each to his own...
ladygaga thumbnail
Originally posted by: KatForeva

I completely disagree with you. You disappointed me so much But each to his own...

Oye what did i do now?? Tareef mein kuch kami chod di maine Katrina ki?? 😆 Itni badi badi tareefein ki mainey kAT ki and it didn't please you... i praised her just for you... aur tum hi khush nahi.. toh kya fayda...
Katalicious thumbnail
Originally posted by: ladygaga

Oye what did i do now?? Tareef mein kuch kami chod di maine Katrina ki?? 😆 Itni badi badi tareefein ki mainey kAT ki and it didn't please you... i praised her just for you... aur tum hi khush nahi.. toh kya fayda...

This is not even about Kat...the trailer was amazing and the guys rocked! The movie is NOT solely relying on Kat miss!