luv2dance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Well, the heading says it all. All of I have seen Prince doing is Locking & Popping and locking and popping  I really want to see some other styles, like atleast hip-hop or some other western styles like Krumping may be πŸ˜•which may be he can pull off pretty well. Holy crap, the whole DKS he did just L & P. I think even tomorrow/Saturday he is doing the same thing πŸ˜”Although he does it extremely well, I am just done appreciating this style coz it doesn't impress me anymore. The last I saw him was probably in DID-1 where he attempted some contemporary and bollywood style. I don't think he cannot do it all. The more he attempts the better he will get at it. All the judges talk about versatility and why not with this guy πŸ˜”Agreed he is known for that. Well, Dharmesh is known for his hip-hop and Amar is known for his contemporary, Kruti is known for her classical style...the list can go on...but at the same time they are so good in other styles too which makes them a complete dancer. To me, DID is the stage where a dancer needs to be versatile πŸ˜• Imagine if everybody keeps doing only one style how monotonous that would be πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ 

Does anybody else think the same or is it right for Prince to do just L & P  I clearly fail to appreciate his dance these days πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you.

Prince is GREAT in L n P. I love the way he does it and its a treat to see him.

All the same, I find it pretty weird that he gets away with doing the same dance form all the time. I haven't seen DID 1, so I was just wondering if he did L n P all the time there too? :-S

Agreed that in a competition everyone uses their strengths, but till what extent can he just keep on doing L n P every time. There has to be SOME variation or add-on at least!

And there's another angle to this: Others have to adjust the dance form according to Prince. Like if there is to be a dance by 3 people and Prince is in the trio, then more often than not, they will have to do mostly LnP, like first trio performance by Jai, Siddhesh and Prince. I was watching some of Prince's old performances with D-sir and Saajan and I saw that both did L n P, to go along with Prince. 

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah, I agree too. Prince is wonderful at L & P, but he doesn't do anything different! I have not seen DID 1, so I cannot comment that. In DKS all he did was L & P, and he needs to try out other forms too so that he can grow as a dancer. 
luv2dance thumbnail

Originally posted by: nikitagmc

I agree with you.

Prince is GREAT in L n P. I love the way he does it and its a treat to see him.

All the same, I find it pretty weird that he gets away with doing the same dance form all the time. I haven't seen DID 1, so I was just wondering if he did L n P all the time there too? :-S

Agreed that in a competition everyone uses their strengths, but till what extent can he just keep on doing L n P every time. There has to be SOME variation or add-on at least!

And there's another angle to this: Others have to adjust the dance form according to Prince. Like if there is to be a dance by 3 people and Prince is in the trio, then more often than not, they will have to do mostly LnP, like first trio performance by Jai, Siddhesh and Prince. I was watching some of Prince's old performances with D-sir and Saajan and I saw that both did L n P, to go along with Prince. 

True. You made a great point. When Prince is there in any act, the act must have L & P in it like there is no other style there to dance πŸ˜” 
My intention of bringing this up was to say Prince is good but only in L & P and for me rest all are much better than him on an overall basis. Just doing L & P doesn't make him better than others for me πŸ˜’
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Why fix something which ain't broken...

There are more than one contestant in this show who are basically doing same type or may be lil variation but not much versatile...No one talks abt them...

luv2dance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Why fix something which ain't broken...

There are more than one contestant in this show who are basically doing same type or may be lil variation but not much versatile...No one talks abt them...

May I know whom are you referring to? Just curious to know πŸ˜Š
mayankandnupur thumbnail

Originally posted by: luv2dance

Well, the heading says it all. All of I have seen Prince doing is Locking & Popping and locking and popping  I really want to see some other styles, like atleast hip-hop or some other western styles like Krumping may be πŸ˜•which may be he can pull off pretty well. Holy crap, the whole DKS he did just L & P. I think even tomorrow/Saturday he is doing the same thing πŸ˜”Although he does it extremely well, I am just done appreciating this style coz it doesn't impress me anymore. The last I saw him was probably in DID-1 where he attempted some contemporary and bollywood style. I don't think he cannot do it all. The more he attempts the better he will get at it. All the judges talk about versatility and why not with this guy πŸ˜”Agreed he is known for that. Well, Dharmesh is known for his hip-hop and Amar is known for his contemporary, Kruti is known for her classical style...the list can go on...but at the same time they are so good in other styles too which makes them a complete dancer. To me, DID is the stage where a dancer needs to be versatile πŸ˜• Imagine if everybody keeps doing only one style how monotonous that would be πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ 

Does anybody else think the same or is it right for Prince to do just L & P  I clearly fail to appreciate his dance these days πŸ˜³

agree wr Parvz gv a tough takkar to prince...fr me Parvez is d winner!
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: luv2dance

May I know whom are you referring to? Just curious to know πŸ˜Š

Lord have mercy πŸ˜†

Wouldn't you like that πŸ˜‰  Aaah it is for me to know and you to keep guessing πŸ˜†

Pooriki poori sena mere peechey pad jaayegi πŸ˜³πŸ˜›
manzanas_asadas thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree! At least the others are showing us all kinds of styles even if they aren't known for them..Prince is ALWAYS doing the same thing. He doesn't even come in duos trying something different. I mean I am not telling him to do another genre..he could try different varieties of hip hop..there are sooo many sub sections..he has only been doing L & P.I am sure there's so much he can do in hip hop because he has that flexibility and that stiffness required.
luv2dance thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Lord have mercy πŸ˜†

Wouldn't you like that πŸ˜‰  Aaah it is for me to know and you to keep guessing πŸ˜†

Pooriki poori sena mere peechey pad jaayegi πŸ˜³πŸ˜›

Well, I gotcha πŸ˜†