Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Boyfriends don't, but their habits stick says Bebo

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:37pm | IP Logged

Boyfriends don't, but their habits stick

Bebo unable to forget vegetarianism that Shahid rubbed on to her, refuses to promote a chicken brand

Rs 6 crore is not chicken feed. But it won't convince Kareena, voted by PETA as the world's sexiest vegetarian, to promote non-vegetarian food.

She has just turned down an offer to be a brand ambassador for a chicken product. It seems, the actress may have moved on after Shahid but the vegetarianism he rubbed on to her has stuck.

Bebo, who was a non-vegetarian to begin with, turned veggie after being with Shahid for two years, surprising the actor so much that he even told the media, "It's quite an achievement. The first two years we dated, she was non-vegetarian."

The actress started promoting vegetarianism wherever she went post that. "If my fans are looking up to me and have turned vegetarians then I am happy about it. I am a pure vegetarian and it helps me keep fit and healthy.

I am aware that my fans have liked my look in Tashan. If they turn vegetarian for that, then I am glad I set an example," the actress told after being voted the sexiest veggie in the World in 2008.

Whether her fans turned vegetarian, we would never know. But co-actor Vivek Oberoi sure did. Working together in Kurbaan and eating vegetarian food (courtesy: co-star Bebo), the hard-core meat eater Vivek, fell in love with vegetarianism.

Influencing her boyfriend Saif was tougher. The Prince of Pataudi, who claimed he could never be a 'complete vegetarian', however gave up his chicken drumsticks and mutton pilaaf on girlfriend's insistence.

What's surprising is, however, that a company could even after all this approach Bebo for promoting chicken.

The actress who would rather skip lunch than have non-veg food, should have been the last choice for such a product. In fact, on the sets of her forthcoming film Short Term Shaadi, she was supposed to eat scrambled eggs for a scene.

She almost puked on seeing eggs. The director Shakun Batra had to then order eggless pancakes for her.

Kareena remained unavailable for comment.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scorpio95

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Aww! Thats the biggest memory she can keep of Shahid <3

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bulls-eyePCRocksZoobiDoobi

gilmores IF-Stunnerz
gilmores
gilmores

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
People want to turn to vegetarianism so they can look like her in Tashan? ShockedWacko

What a stupid reason to turn to vegetarianism.

Anyways I'm glad she is so into it and has stuck to it. Being born into a hardcore Punjabi family and being a vegetarian..gotta give her props for that.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwSam_dean4Eva

desigal90 IF-Stunnerz
desigal90
desigal90

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:02pm | IP Logged
Haha!
Shahid might have had a hand in her turning vegetarian, but she didnt do it  for him. If that was the reason, she woulndt have contined even afterwards. If it was just the fact that her boyfriend had the habit, she would have turned non-veg by now Wink
She did it coz she finds it to be a healthier lifestyle. And I think she deserves a lil credit here.

Edited by desigal90 - 13 May 2011 at 9:10pm
sunflower52 IF-Rockerz
sunflower52
sunflower52

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 1:42am | IP Logged
I do not understand there is no harm in eating meat, as long as you dont over indulge your self. You should have everything meat, vegetables and fruit in small proportions. 

-SMay31-

.Omkara. IF-Addictz
.Omkara.
.Omkara.

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Kareena remained unavailable for comment.

ROFL

Katalicious

-MOTHER- IF-Sizzlerz
-MOTHER-
-MOTHER-

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Kareena looked good in Tashan.She looked damn sexy.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debo_AfghanZoobiDoobi

Shipra_S IF-Rockerz
Shipra_S
Shipra_S

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:32am | IP Logged
i too m a pure vegetarian, but i don't understand what's the harm in eating meat?!Ermm...i would have loved to eat meat had i been in the habit of eating it since childhood. 

Go to top