WHY the "papa" dialogue..!!! - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by maanddy

Welcome ! 

Well, you are just reflecting my thoughts babes ! I just did make a post on that ! 😊

We always do that ..don't we 😉...yeah I am glad you made the post ...
I think he used the words that he did coz of 2 reasons - when he talked about geet's smile n geet said that the laughter n the happiness is all given by maan... I think he was reminded of the reason why they got to maasi's place in the first place...that was because geet miscarried,went into depression n maan was also depressed n in all this maan misunderstood geet for forgiving dev... n before that fiasco happened he had already made up his mind to get geet what her heart craves for most...n that is a child... in reality, in most cases a mother who has miscarried wants to replace her loss with another baby of their own...
Geet mentioned about returning to delhi... n maan knows that currently her maasi's place holds no memories of the baby they lost but once in delhi the house will surely remind geet of her loss... of how she actually lost her happiness n then everything else went downhill in their life after that...so having mentioned Delhi n seeing her happy like she was until she miscarried, might have reminded maan of what could get them back to where they had left their happiness and that was with their impending baby... so expressing a desire for another child was his way to tell geet that he was ready and willling to help her overcome her loss n make their relationship complete in every sense of the word...
I think I liked it that he expressed this desire coz whatever might be the case but the baby was still biologically not maan's and so was not exiting with maan's wishes... though maan loved it as his own... yet to let your partner know that you are also emotionally ready to start a family of your own is also a great way to show how much you actually wanted that child... n I love Maan for this!
Originally posted by Mrs.MSKForever

I think he used the words that he did coz of 2 reasons - when he talked about geet's smile n geet said that the laughter n the happiness is all given by maan... I think he was reminded of the reason why they got to maasi's place in the first place...that was because geet miscarried,went into depression n maan was also depressed n in all this maan misunderstood geet for forgiving dev... n before that fiasco happened he had already made up his mind to get geet what her heart craves for most...n that is a child... in reality, in most cases a mother who has miscarried wants to replace her loss with another baby of their own...
Geet mentioned about returning to delhi... n maan knows that currently her maasi's place holds no memories of the baby they lost but once in delhi the house will surely remind geet of her loss... of how she actually lost her happiness n then everything else went downhill in their life after that...so having mentioned Delhi n seeing her happy like she was until she miscarried, might have reminded maan of what could get them back to where they had left their happiness and that was with their impending baby... so expressing a desire for another child was his way to tell geet that he was ready and willling to help her overcome her loss n make their relationship complete in every sense of the word...
I think I liked it that he expressed this desire coz whatever might be the case but the baby was still biologically not maan's and so was not exiting with maan's wishes... though maan loved it as his own... yet to let your partner know that you are also emotionally ready to start a family of your own is also a great way to show how much you actually wanted that child... n I love Maan for this!

Wow! I am glad you shared your thoughts..sensible, sensitive & matured ...well said👏
Originally posted by nanditasingh

I have no issues with the Papa dialogue...since isn't it what we getting in the show from the beginning to begin with  'Main pregnant hun'...to Maan s taking up the responsibility of papa even before he became her hubby...to again thinking as a papa only on the sr nite than as a man alone...then when the baby gone again it was Geet's ...cry  'Mujhai mera bacha lakai doh'...that brought the need for new start...
When i remind myself of all these moments & dialogues ..i don t find today s dialogue out of context or inappropriate in fact I found it sweet & was touched the way Maan said it ...
It spoke of his love & respect not lust or need...& I respect him more for that

I guess you and I expressed almost the same thoughts... Geet badly misses her kid... even though she now keeps the kid ( which was once focal point of most of their talks) out of her conversations... but its impossible to think that geet doesnt think about that baby that was her reason for existance

I guess you and I expressed almost the same thoughts... Geet badly misses her kid... even though she now keeps the kid ( which was once focal point of most of their talks) out of her conversations... but its impossible to think that geet doesnt think about that baby that was her reason for existance

Yeah! the loss of a baby can never go away ... thats why Maan dint want her to shut her in that pain soon after MC as the best way is to continue with life ..welcome new life & now too he is doing same..Ahh! sad we are handful who see it...

Yeah! the loss of a baby can never go away ... thats why Maan dint want her to shut her in that pain soon after MC as the best way is to continue with life ..welcome new life & now too he is doing same..Ahh! sad we are handful who see it...

The problem is that there are only a hundred of us who are on FB/IF who are at an age where we understand what marriage n the works bring to life and what they demand... the drama has a fan base who are mostly young girls... I can bet most of them are teenagers... sadly I am not a teenager... n I guess my thoughts reflect it... I love Geet-Maan's nok-jhok n romance but I see depth in the way Maan knows n notices even a small limp or even a small sway in geet's behavior coz that would have been lost on me had I seen all this about 7-8 years back... I am not saying pple are foolish when they are young... all I am saying is a certain degree of sensitivity only comes when you have experienced life in general.. I have seen a friend of mine badly grieving for her chaild she miscarried and she was only 7 weeks pregnant and had known it only for 3 weeks, she was soo desparate to cover her loss that she again conceived within 3 months and she even resigned her job just so that she could have a healthy baby as she was scared that the office pressure caused her the loss... when you form a bond within 3 weeks, n that too in a happy marriage. for geet, the baby was her reason for existance... the means that got her knight in shining armour - Maan in her life... and as she had rightly said - Maine pehle mamta ko mehsoos kiya pyaar ko toh baad mei jaana... so I guess she will always have a mother's heart and Maan has also been emotionally involved with the unborn child... so maan had mentally prepared himself for that life and had been looking forward to it... here he has only reiterated that though the pain was felt by him too just that he hasnt shown it to the world as he wanted to be strong for geet...

The problem is that there are only a hundred of us who are on FB/IF who are at an age where we understand what marriage n the works bring to life and what they demand... the drama has a fan base who are mostly young girls... I can bet most of them are teenagers... sadly I am not a teenager... n I guess my thoughts reflect it... I love Geet-Maan's nok-jhok n romance but I see depth in the way Maan knows n notices even a small limp or even a small sway in geet's behavior coz that would have been lost on me had I seen all this about 7-8 years back... I am not saying pple are foolish when they are young... all I am saying is a certain degree of sensitivity only comes when you have experienced life in general.. I have seen a friend of mine badly grieving for her chaild she miscarried and she was only 7 weeks pregnant and had known it only for 3 weeks, she was soo desparate to cover her loss that she again conceived within 3 months and she even resigned her job just so that she could have a healthy baby as she was scared that the office pressure caused her the loss... when you form a bond within 3 weeks, n that too in a happy marriage. for geet, the baby was her reason for existance... the means that got her knight in shining armour - Maan in her life... and as she had rightly said - Maine pehle mamta ko mehsoos kiya pyaar ko toh baad mei jaana... so I guess she will always have a mother's heart and Maan has also been emotionally involved with the unborn child... so maan had mentally prepared himself for that life and had been looking forward to it... here he has only reiterated that though the pain was felt by him too just that he hasnt shown it to the world as he wanted to be strong for geet...

I am a teen☺️..17 just turned 2 months back...but I sure earned a compliment of being matured & sensible for my age ...isn't it??

More than age I believe its your understanding of emotions & feelings that speaks..trust me I have read a lot of matured ladies  speak even worst than what one expects from the as they use the term 'silly teen' ...

Loved it again..yes she has been & will remain a mother at heart & thats the way he has always seen her & that itself had made the dialogue so appropriate ...

Edited by nanditasingh - 12 years ago

You are too good to be on this GF ! Babes ! You have nailed it, touched the core ! That's what exactly the case is ! 😊

Too Good ! 👏

I am a teen☺️..17 just turned 2 months back...but I sure earned a compliment of being matured & sensible for my age ...isn't it??

More than age I believe its your understanding of emotions & feelings that speaks..trust me I have read a lot of matured ladies  speak even worst than what one expects from the as they use the term 'silly teen' ...

Loved it again..yes she has been & will remain a mother at heart & thats the way he has always seen her & that itself had made the dialogue so appropriate ...

Ohh God!!! I hope I didnt invite trouble mentioning about teenage girls!! :D ... just to repeat myself so that I am still on the safer side :P, I dont say teenagers dont have depth...they just dont see issues from the perspective of a person who has had lessons of life in general due to his/her years in world...the life of a teenager is mostly protected...mine sure was n I think most of us lead much of an academic and protect life in teens.. but when you go out into the world after school, where your degree is only a tool but your approach to life and situation earns you friends,foes,love etc... you kind of see and experience life differently... but I still think teenage life was much fun... this exposure though makes you sensitive, it also opens you to a world of emotions that only reiterates that fact that "ognorance is bliss" ... dekho sab kitne khush hain ye soch ke ki Maaneet will finally have SR... what they dont realise ki ye ho gaya toh saturday ke baad se kuch naya bawaal khada hoga kyunki kuch toh subplot hona hoga na, to take the story forward... :D

Ohh God!!! I hope I didnt invite trouble mentioning about teenage girls!! :D ... just to repeat myself so that I am still on the safer side :P, I dont say teenagers dont have depth...they just dont see issues from the perspective of a person who has had lessons of life in general due to his/her years in world...the life of a teenager is mostly protected...mine sure was n I think most of us lead much of an academic and protect life in teens.. but when you go out into the world after school, where your degree is only a tool but your approach to life and situation earns you friends,foes,love etc... you kind of see and experience life differently... but I still think teenage life was much fun... this exposure though makes you sensitive, it also opens you to a world of emotions that only reiterates that fact that "ognorance is bliss" ... dekho sab kitne khush hain ye soch ke ki Maaneet will finally have SR... what they dont realise ki ye ho gaya toh saturday ke baad se kuch naya bawaal khada hoga kyunki kuch toh subplot hona hoga na, to take the story forward... :D

Of course not ... u dint offend me or to me any teen by mentioning it.. I do agree ours is a protected life & sure 'ignorance is bliss' & this exposure to emotions more matured than your age really does take a toll over you, i speak with experience out here 🤓...& if I can help i could prefer not growing up ever..but sadly thats not to be