Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Joint family system questions

gopakshi Groupbie

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
So, how does the money work in a joint family system...

does each family member get an allowance?

or do they need to ask for money from the men that are making money in order to get anything?

I mean who pays for Ahem's cake and his new car and the food items bought for him from outside, like the pastries and stuff? Also, the plane ticket for Gopi?

For being a rich family Modi's seem to be pretty poor or at least stingy.

On a side note: Chirag has Parag sign papers from time to time, what are those papers for?  Does that mean that Parag even though not involved with business still has power in the business?  Also, the pen that Parag gave to Ahem and the car that Chirag gave to Ahem came from the business money, so isnt the car a gift from both Chirag and Parag?  I'm confused.

Back to the original question, how does the money work? because it seems from the show like it would be a miserable existence if i had to ask the money-makers for money before I could get anything for myself.  Also, does this actually happen in India?

-Nafisa- IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
So many questions, what, when, why, how? LOL

The money is all coming from Modi industries, Parag is probably a Non-Executive Director, as he is a Modi, a male member of the family they probably didn't want to isolate him completely from the bread and butter generator for the family, while he pursues his poetry. 

Chirag gives Hetal and Kokila funds for the house's upkeep, though Kokila complains that he likes to know to the last penny how she has spend the money, Aham also gives his mother money. Jigar gives Rashi an allowance too. 

So the three women know how much money they are getting every month towards their and the household expenses, and make it fit for the month.

Only Gopi doesn't get an allowance but she hardly goes to the shops, when she does Kokila will give her money or she buys something really small, she also gets given shagun on festive occasions which never spends, which she can take whenever she needs to spend.

Edited by Nafisa_blossoms - 13 May 2011 at 1:12pm
addicted2tv Senior Member

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
wow so many questions...i know even Gopi must have not  asked these questions...

Ahem's car: was gifted by Chirag ,

Birthday cake: must have been bought from the household allowance which is given to Hetal and koki to run the house

Pen gifted to ahem by Parag: I think this must be purchased by Parag himself with his money,god knows whether he gets any or not

Plane ticket for Gopi: Ofcourse Chirag must have paid for that...

Hey i think Kokila and team is quite favoured by Chiraj than his own wife and son

Edited by addicted2tv - 13 May 2011 at 12:19pm
Bobbi. IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Ha ha, seems like you're really interested with where the money comes from. Obviously it's coming from the Modi company.
Where ever it comes from, never goes in Rashi's hands ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gopakshi Groupbie

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
sorry for all the qs Embarrassed

@addicted...i think that chirag favors them too, maybe he likes the strength of kokila, maybe hetal was his gopi, where he didnt get a woman that would stand up to him so now he just lives vicariously through parag's family. LOL

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top