Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! (Page 90)

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Ughhh PalinDead her daughter got knocked up at 16 or 17 and she's surely enjoying all the limelight. Such wannabes!Stern Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by Mru_bee

LOL Vasu...in some ways, India and most of the world is ahead...they've all had women PMs/Presidents before America...haha

And the only reason that even now they've managed to have a black president is cuz this is OBAMA...many other black candidates who tried to come up before were just caricatures or stereotypes...Obama is the first rare candidate who appealed across all demographics and is truly representative of today's amazingly diverse United States...Even then, his charisma went a long way in ensuring his victory which would have been tough for any other candidate in his place...he has a rare kind of charisma...

true and having an alternate in Cain/PALIN against him, the choice was really simple. LOL

Would have been even more fun this year with TRUMP in the mixWacko...too bad he backed outLOLLOL...the Republican candidates all still look like jokers...looks like these ppl want to hand over the re-election to Obama anyways...Palin is now only good for petulant Twitter slandering...loser kahin ki.

The problem is, how are you supposed to take the Republicans seriously when their candidates are old white guy, old white guy, old white guy, crazy lady, old white guy, old white guy ????

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NymeriaAreYaar

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Also, my question is why are Indians in India just absorbing the western attires and english language when they should be absorbing  qualities like tidiness, punctuality, etc? why westernize but still carry on loitering on the streets or breaking the traffic rules by driving on the wrong side or bribing the traffic officer? Why not change themselves before talking about changing the nation?

psawyerAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

The problem is that when an army, an Empire, a "superpower" launches a "mission", shall we say, rarely is it peaceful. Not to be controversial but one person's freedom fighter is another person's terrorist - and vice versa. And how do these freedom fighters/terrorists come into being? A completely Unitarian, Utopian, peaceful nation cannot create them. They are born of war, of struggle and oppression. But we as human beings are not built for Utopia, it seems. And until we are, we will always have such problems. Very well said, Vasu...true...we aren't built for Utopia it seems *sigh*

I guess those modern British (or should I say English) people who do still believe in the fundamental right of the Empire can see a little payback in the form of "their country being invaded" by the very same Indians they tried to oppress. They occupied "our" country, now we occupy "theirs" LOL LMAO talk about poetic justiceClapClapClap

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged

The problem is, how are you supposed to take the Republicans seriously when their candidates are old white guy, old white guy, old white guy, crazy lady, old white guy, old white guy ????

LOLL there's a younger guy in the mix somewhere too I think...their budget committee chairman or something but even he creeps me out...LOL

Honestly I have nothing against Republicans but I wish they'd put up ONE non-bigoted, actually sane candidate in the race...all they are usually interested in is baseless slander and bashing Obama blindly on ANYTHING he doesSleepy

Nymeriapsawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

Also, my question is why are Indians in India just absorbing the western attires and english language when they should be absorbing  qualities like tidiness, punctuality, etc? why westernize but still carry on loitering on the streets or breaking the traffic rules by driving on the wrong side or bribing the traffic officer? Why not change themselves before talking about changing the nation?

Exactly! It's the fast food effect - they used to get Western culture from Hollywood movies and TV (before airtravel became so accessible, anyway) and I suppose that has stuck. Why work on the hard things, the things that actually require brain cell use, when you could simply imitate the exterior. cubic zirconias vs real diamonds? LOL (no negative or positive connotations attached. I love CZsLOL)
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

LOL these answers are not so simple, Amy...some things are too ingrained in the makeup of a country...the change has to happen in the mind first...and the Westerners have a 100 years on India...independence wise...if you take the example of the U.S...and India faces different issues of population etc...

And I take offense to ppl questioning why ppl in India speak English...hello why not?? It's as much of an ingrained language as the others in our country since ages...we were ruled by the British for many years, remember?? The West doesn't have some PEROGATIVE on only THEM speaking English...I hate when my cousins here try to act superior about that too...ABCDs kahin ke...

There are a million and one problems in India but you can't oversimplify them either.

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged

LOLL there's a younger guy in the mix somewhere too I think...their budget committee chairman or something but even he creeps me out...LOL

Honestly I have nothing against Republicans but I wish they'd put up ONE non-bigoted, actually sane candidate in the race...all they are usually interested in is baseless slander and bashing Obama blindly on ANYTHING he doesSleepy

Exactly. And I am sure there are such people out there - "liberal republicans", or at least sane ones. It's just a shame the bigots are the most vocal. I don't know a whole lot about modern American politics, but from what I can tell, it is mostly just two extremes - the Republicans are REALLY right-ist and the Democrats are REALLY liberal and they have nothing in common. Maybe I'm wrong on that. In Britain, in any case, our main parties do at least have some common characteristics and values. I am naturally more on the left side and usually vote Labour/red, but even with our current, mostly Conservative/blue government, I find myself agreeing with or defending some of their policies. Or at least the theories behind the policies. 

AreYaar

Go to top