Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! (Page 87)

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

LOL no, Mru...haven't read about that much...not really much of a Nehru fan honestly...lol

I like Sardar Patel's history more...now that was one strong, cool guy...lol

@bold: Word Anu. I also believe that if Sardar Patel had become the Prime Minister instead of Nehru, things would have been different for sure. Sardar Patel was the sane one who insisted that no independent sovereign states would exist within India after Independence. And he succeeded with all except you know which state.

Nehru had charisma, he might have been a people person, but not the personality needed to be in charge of a country reeling from the British leaving and the partition mess.

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 24 May 2011 at 9:56am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

psawyerAreYaar

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Who here has seen PoTC- part 4? How is it?
psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
And apparently Lord Mountbatten knew of the affair and gave it his "blessing", whatever that means...I always got the feeling that Lord Mountbatten was gay...LOL

There's your TV show - a gay husband supporting his wife having an affair with the future first PM of India, all with a backdrop of the Imperial Raj and freedom struggle for 1947! Done, dusted, a success LOL

@Amy - no, I'm not big on POTC...haven't seen it. But read some reviews that ranged from so-so to good. 

Edited by psawyer - 24 May 2011 at 9:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mru_beeNymeriaAreYaar

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ramy25

Who here has seen PoTC- part 4? How is it?

I did, Amy.

It is a decent watch for Jack and Barbossa as usual. They should have cut off or shortened the *mermaid-Missionary love story* . I do not like it when they bring in any half baked emotional side story to such adventure-fantasy films.

And I think, all movies watched in theater look great ...hehe.. I even enjoyed * I am Four* just because I watched it in theatre.

Next in line is *Kung Fu Panda - Part 2*

-- Mru

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nymeria

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mru_bee

LOL no, Mru...haven't read about that much...not really much of a Nehru fan honestly...lol

@bold: Word Anu. I also believe that if Sardar Patel had become the Prime Minister instead of Nehru, things would have been different for sure. Sardar Patel was the sane one who insisted that no independent sovereign states would exist within India after Independence. And he succeeded with all except you know which state.

Nehru had charisma, he might have been a people person, but not the personality needed to be in charge of a country reeling out of British leaving and partition mess.

-- Mru

Yeah man, he would have transformed our country...Nehru was a sissy in my opinion...I love that Sardar movie in which Paresh Rawal played his role...seriously if he'd been PM, none of the eventual mess would have happened *sigh*...he had the balls to see things through unlike Nehru...aevein Nehru involved the U.N. and stuff too to create more of a mess...This Nehru/Indira Gandhi clan...*shakes head*...le dubaaoed the country in many ways.

Mru_bee

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

And apparently Lord Mountbatten knew of the affair and gave it his "blessing", whatever that means...I always got the feeling that Lord Mountbatten was gay...LOL

There's your TV show - a gay husband supporting his wife having an affair with the future first PM of India, all with a backdrop of the Imperial Raj and freedom struggle for 1947! Done, dusted, a success LOL

LMAO...those Maryada show ppl should pick up on this and make a show...since they are so "bold" and all as they claim, no?TongueLOL

psawyer

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Mru_bee

Nehru had charisma, he might have been a people person, but not the personality needed to be in charge of a country reeling out of British leaving and partition mess.

-- Mru

Yeah man, he would have transformed our country...Nehru was a sissy in my opinion...I love that Sardar movie in which Paresh Rawal played his role...seriously if he'd been PM, none of the eventual mess would have happened *sigh*...he had the balls to see things through unlike Nehru...aevein Nehru involved the U.N. and stuff too to create more of a mess...This Nehru/Indira Gandhi clan...*shakes head*...le dubaaoed the country in many ways.

You know, the thing is, Nehru was Harrow and Cambridge-educated and pretty much a product of that Western mindset anyway, much like Gandhiji. And this is not to disparage either of them for that - heck, I'm Cambridge educated as well LOL but the point is that naturally his inclinations were more towards world unity as opposed to strictly inward-looking policies. Whether that was a right or wrong strategy, we can never really know; who knows how India would have been today if Sardar Patel had been PM? Who knows what India would be like if they had refused the partition of India/Pak? It's not a knowable thing but merely speculative. 

That's not to say that I am a Nehru supporter - far from it. I think he was way off base in many of his policies; but actually it's a difficult thing to run a country in the best of times...to run one when the country has just emerged from under the Empire's bloody thumbs, war-torn, divided, hostile and bitter...well, I wouldn't envy anyone that job...

Mru_beeAreYaar

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged

I have seen that movie too. It was a great watch. I have read a couple of books.

Nehru was given that position due to his proximity to Gandhiji. In certain sense, at least Indira Gandhi was a tough cookie compared to her father.

The day, India decides that dynasty and lineage do not make a great leader, nor do *venom spewing rags to ultra rich politicians*, we might see some real change. Till then, it is *sab chalta hey*

-- Mru

psawyerAreYaar

Go to top