Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#70!!!! (Page 26)

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Hey everyone!

*tired sigh*

I've had the most ridiculous weekend ever. Saturday was busy - because of my sister's graduation.. But Sunday was just plain STUPID! We had to go to someone's house for their kids graduation party and our family was invited. I don't really know the girl except that I've seen her maybe 4-6 times in the past 10 years at her family events where my parents get invited (our parents are college friends). Khair, we went there, my sisters and I saw her, we congratulated her... And that was it. Us k baad we did not see/hear from her for the rest of the 5 hours that we were there. She took all her "friends" up to her room and "entertained" them, while we sat down stairs IN THE SAME SPOT that she left us, for 5 hours.. I was so pissed.. So very pissed. I did not need to come to visit her, I did not need to make the time.. But I did because I felt it was the decent thing to do and hey why not..? Sure she doesn't know us toh I did not except a buddy-buddy gossip session (not that I can stand one either) but I was expecting a certain level of decent hospitality. I was too tired and I'd practically given up the last day of my weekend to come sit at her house.. Only to be ignored and bored out of my mind.

I really was so pissed! Maybe I'm too old-fashioned or whatever, but when someone comes to MY house, to wish ME for MY success, I believe that making sure I keep them company or at the least acknowledging their presence is my reponsibility. They didn't have to come, but they did and I should show my gratitude for that.. But of course that is assuming that I FEEL a sense a gratitude in the first place. *disgusted muh*

*blekh*

On another note, I LOVE the BALH promos!! Day Dreaming My personal favorite is the kharatey one! Lol! That is so my dad - he snores like the world's coming to an end and now my mom is so used to it k if he isn't in the room snoring, she can't sleep.. ROFL But all the promos are so cute - they have such an easy chemistry... Like you can already see them as a couple - they've actually managed to shed their Mr. Walia and Parvati Bhabi avatars so completely in just these handful of promos and that makes me want to watch them on screen even more! I like the story synopsis too - the characters seem well sketched but we do have our regular "step-mothers" and "ego-clashes between the protagonists" thrown in the mix too. Either way, watching RK and ST in the same space will be worth the cliche's they throw at us! Most of the cliche's at least.. So I am really really eager for this show to start! End of May, aa bhi jao! *impatient muh*

Edited by -Fivr- - 17 May 2011 at 9:48am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahLadyMcbethincandescencepsawyerAreYaar

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Lol, are you back to your stalking? LOL Join the CC...waise I'm hoping all you guys who are planning on watching BALH will also join the Sakshi FC...we would love to have more people to share the Sakshi love with! 

Synopsis is really badly written, must say, but there seems to be plenty detail for a show that has not yet begun, and if Ekta Mai sticks to the original concept, it looks to be a good start!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrahAreYaar

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Oh yeah Anu i don't get this whole concept of casting good looking wooden planks...it seems that's way these days in Indian telly as well as BollywoodStern Smile

It will be fun with those phangurly moments LMAO!ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LadyMcbethAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

Hey everyone!

*tired sigh*

I've had the most ridiculous weekend every. Saturday was busy - because of my sister's graduation.. But Sunday was just plain STUPID! We had to go to someone's house for their kids graduation party and our family was invited. I don't really know the girl except that I've seen her maybe 4-6 times in the past 10 years at her family events where my parents get invited (our parents are college friends). Khair, we went there, my sisters and I saw her, we congratulated her... And that was it. Us k baad we did not see/hear from her for the rest of the 5 hours that we were there. She took all her "friends" up to her room and "entertained" them, while we sat down stairs IN THE SAME SPOT that she left us, for 5 hours.. I was so pissed.. So very pissed. I did not need to come to visit her, I did not need to make the time.. But I did because I felt it was the decent thing to do and hey why not..? Sure she doesn't know us toh I did not except a buddy-buddy gossip session (not that I can stand one either) but I was expecting a certain level of decent hospitality. I was too tired and I'd practically given up the last day of my weekend to come sit at her house.. Only to be ignored and bored out of my mind.

I really was so pissed! Maybe I'm too old-fashioned or whatever, but when someone comes to MY house, to wish ME for MY success, I believe that making sure I keep them company or at the least acknowledging their presence is my reponsibility. They didn't have to come, but they did and I should show my gratitude for that.. But of course that is assuming that I FEEL a sense a gratitude in the first place. *disgusted muh*Aww Fivr *hugs* LOL I totally understand how you feel...that's been 90% of my experience with my so called "family" here in the states...they have no clue how to make a person feel welcome...hate this place seriously. And then ppl wonder why I miss India.

*blekh*

On another note, I LOVE the BALH promos!! Day Dreaming My personal favorite is the kharatey one! Lol! That is so my dad - he snores like the world's coming to an end and now my mom is so used to it k if he isn't in the room snoring, she can't sleep.. ROFL But all the promos are so cute - they have such an easy chemistry... Like you can already see them as a couple - they've actually managed to shed their Mr. Walia and Parvati Bhabi avatars so completely in just these handful of promos and that makes me want to watch them on screen even more! Word...they do have this easy/natural chemistry with each other and seem to have effortlessly slipped into their new roles...really their interactions are very adorable...I loved the Hichki promo tooLOL

I like the story synopsis too - the characters seem well sketched but we do have our regular "step-mothers" and "ego-clashes between the protagonists" thrown in the mix too. Either way, watching RK and ST in the same space will be worth the cliche's they throw at us! Most of us at least.. So I am really really eager for this show to start! End of May, aa bhi jao! *impatient muh*Yeah typical characters bhi hain but I guess that's all part of the overall Ekta package...can't do anything...lol...I can deal with it as long as Ram-Priya are shown in character and baaki toh they are superb actors...I wonder who will play Ram's friend Vikram...I hope it's a good actor...that seems like it will be an important supporting character.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-

psawyer IF-Stunnerz
psawyer
psawyer

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fivr-

Hey everyone!

*tired sigh*

I've had the most ridiculous weekend ever. Saturday was busy - because of my sister's graduation.. But Sunday was just plain STUPID! We had to go to someone's house for their kids graduation party and our family was invited. I don't really know the girl except that I've seen her maybe 4-6 times in the past 10 years at her family events where my parents get invited (our parents are college friends). Khair, we went there, my sisters and I saw her, we congratulated her... And that was it. Us k baad we did not see/hear from her for the rest of the 5 hours that we were there. She took all her "friends" up to her room and "entertained" them, while we sat down stairs IN THE SAME SPOT that she left us, for 5 hours.. I was so pissed.. So very pissed. I did not need to come to visit her, I did not need to make the time.. But I did because I felt it was the decent thing to do and hey why not..? Sure she doesn't know us toh I did not except a buddy-buddy gossip session (not that I can stand one either) but I was expecting a certain level of decent hospitality. I was too tired and I'd practically given up the last day of my weekend to come sit at her house.. Only to be ignored and bored out of my mind.

I really was so pissed! Maybe I'm too old-fashioned or whatever, but when someone comes to MY house, to wish ME for MY success, I believe that making sure I keep them company or at the least acknowledging their presence is my reponsibility. They didn't have to come, but they did and I should show my gratitude for that.. But of course that is assuming that I FEEL a sense a gratitude in the first place. *disgusted muh*

*blekh*

On another note, I LOVE the BALH promos!! Day Dreaming My personal favorite is the kharatey one! Lol! That is so my dad - he snores like the world's coming to an end and now my mom is so used to it k if he isn't in the room snoring, she can't sleep.. ROFL But all the promos are so cute - they have such an easy chemistry... Like you can already see them as a couple - they've actually managed to shed their Mr. Walia and Parvati Bhabi avatars so completely in just these handful of promos and that makes me want to watch them on screen even more! I like the story synopsis too - the characters seem well sketched but we do have our regular "step-mothers" and "ego-clashes between the protagonists" thrown in the mix too. Either way, watching RK and ST in the same space will be worth the cliche's they throw at us! Most of us at least.. So I am really really eager for this show to start! End of May, aa bhi jao! *impatient muh*

Hey Fivr!! Gosh, that sucks about your wknd. That's why I hate going to the parties of people I barely know, even if they are "my age" as my parents put it! It's awful to just sit there and watch them have fun!

@bold - agreed! For the longest time I was worried that Sakshi wasn't appearing on TV because she(or others) couldn't shake off teh Parvati bhabhi avatar...but though I haven't seen the vids yet (at work), from what I have seen, it seems she simply does not have that problem; she and Ram are such good actors that they will easily be able to imbue the spirits of their new characters without any hangover of the old...really looking forward to this show; hope it lives up to expectation!

edit: and God, does she look beautiful! Embarrassed

Edited by psawyer - 17 May 2011 at 9:51am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-nimrah

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by psawyer

Lol, are you back to your stalking? LOL Join the CC...waise I'm hoping all you guys who are planning on watching BALH will also join the Sakshi FC...we would love to have more people to share the Sakshi love with! 

Synopsis is really badly written, must say, but there seems to be plenty detail for a show that has not yet begun, and if Ekta Mai sticks to the original concept, it looks to be a good start!

LOL stalking is what I do best, you should knowTongueCool

Arey I dunno what I will say there yaar...see I'm not like a Saskhi fangirl and all either naa...so what will I say? I really like her as an actress but not to the level all you guys do to gush that much I think.

But yeah we can all discuss in the forum whenever it opens up for sure :-)

Yeah for a show that has barely started, that does seem like a lottt of detail...lol...but it all adds up with the sense the original TB article gave too.

Edited by nureat01 - 17 May 2011 at 10:02am
Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
@Fivr--- Awww that sucks. But i totally feel ya. I guess it's the same everywhere.Ermm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Fivr-

-Fivr- Moderator
-Fivr-
-Fivr-

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:11am | IP Logged
@Anu: I know yaar! I miss Pakistan for the same reason - chahey kuch bhi ho, people back home know how to make someone feel welcome and be hospitable.. Apney mein magan nahi rehte.. In fact people WANT to welcome you and entertain you if you come to their house, it isn't a job something they actually enjoy.. Yahan toh sab hi shehzadey ghoom rahey hain jinko common decency sey pesh ana bhi kaam lagta hai.. Dead

I really hope k jo side characters hon, like Vikram and the step family.. That they are at least semi decent actors! Character annoying ho toh bardasht ho jata hai phir bhi, but ACTOR annoying nikle toh show bhi bardasht nahi hota..

@Vasu: I know! Ye "tumhari age k hain" wala funda has burned me a number of times with her too but then it would be at a social venue or for her sisters' weddings and such toh I always figured k busy hai and it's okay. But this was at her home with like 7-8 families.. It was more intimate and it was for HER.. Which made this her responsibility (in my mind..) and she absolutely treated my sisters and I like trash. My youngest sister had had 4 hours of sleep between the time we got home and then got up to get ready for her all day "event" at her place.. And the sister that graduated had driving all the way from her college ( a three hour drive) after sleeping for 4 hours just so she could make it here early enough to come with us. Aur is sab k baad, we sit there and she pretends we don't exist? I'm sorry, but hum faltu nahi hain.. There were a ton of things I could be doing - but above all that we could all be RELAXING and not sitting like a bunch of idiots in her living room. Dafa maro.. Sachi apna hi khoon jalta hai.. I've told my parents k ainda if it's an event just for her or her sisters toh I can't make it. But if it's a shadi or something where it's a family thing and we're invited toh I can go. Warna just for these graduation parties and crap, main nahi ja rahi. Wacko

Sakshi really has managed to shed her entire Parvati Bhabi avatar! I mean she still dresses traditional but her personality and the way she comes across is so different. Which to me is a testament to her versatile acting skills. Warna toh industry bhari parhi with people who "dress" the same way and therefore seem like the same character (lets take Sanaya's Gungan/new character for instance - they BOTH look the same to me. No difference.. Not much, except for that nose piercing.. Confused). But Sakshi's managed to differentiate this role from her past one in just a couple of promos! Now that's something that makes me want to watch her character even more..

@Amy: *sigh* It really is the same everywhere here.. The lack of hospitality/common decency in desi kids here just throws me off.. Maybe we were brought up different but humare ghar koi ata hai toh we MAKE SURE that we given them our attention and entertain them - even if we don't know them. Yahan toh if they don't know you, you don't exist. Khatam.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahNymeriapsawyerAreYaar

Go to top