Stefan-Damon-Klaus: Of Love, Karma & Power

Posted: 12 years ago

Stefan-Damon-Klaus: Of Love, Karma & Power

Now, that we have come to the end of the season , we are no longer left with the Stefan, the Damon that we knew all along. Stefan 'Hero' Salvatore has once again re-emphasized the fact that why 'love' proves to be not only the greatest life-changer but demands its exorbitant price in testing times.Sometimes the price that we pay is our every fiber of existence. Stefan paid it ' paid it for the most important person in his life ' his own flesh and blood , his brother Damon. And the man we shall meet next season is  not the Stefan everyone loves . The man we are going to meet is a manifested evil who has been harnessed by Klaus or should we say awakened by Klaus?

The dark, impulsive and an emotionally loose cannon Damon ' Two Face' Salvatore who has not cared genuinely about anyone above Stefan and Elena ( Rose deserves a mention as well) , ravaging and finishing whoever and whatever came in his way is beginning to see light ' he is in a way coming a full circle where he knows that his deeds , his self-destructive and world-destructive badass mantra to life , just so that he could hide from his own vulnerability and need to be loved and redeemed , well that approach has saturated into his present day state. He has realized that he loved the Damon that he was in 1800s and what is happening to him ' this pain, this wait of death is Karma's punch in his gut. The Damon who was being comforted by Elena is the Damon that Damon wants to be and the Damon that Stefan hoped against hope of seeing.

And finally, the 'Invincible Original' ' Klaus. Klaus , who walked into Mystic Falls towards the end of this season and within three episodes , he changed everything ' or should I say devastated everything and everyone. Klaus is what we call the new  'break out character' who can be safely termed the game changer of TVD. Not even once looking at that seemingly innocent face , a warm smile and a deep friendly calm voice  can you imagine the twisted satanic mind that lies behind.  He has gotten your beloved characters killed, upset the other villains, ruined Elena's life ,  put Katherine and Stefan on the chess board and there is not a shadow of evil on his face.  Klaus , love or hatred for him not withstanding since evil is well, just evil, is all about powerplay. I mean how do you love or hate a character who has dimensions only of the mind that you keep you on tenterhooks , but not a single heartbeat that wants to make you hope for him. As we gear up for the next season, what Klaus has done in these last few episodes ,is just a trailer of his larger game . A game in which Stefan is his master card and a game in which he is going to embroil everyone.

Where we stand today , Stefan has given his life to  Satan so that Damon can live. As Damon rightly told Alaric , Stefan has a fixation for trying  to right the wrongs. We love Stefan , hell yes we do, but the love for the beautiful large-hearted man that he is cannot undo Stefan's past. Stefan has a beast inside him ' ugly, evil, cruel. Stefan feels guilty about him. Stefan knows that wherever and whatever Damon is today , even if Stefan did not direct his loose cannon actions , Stefan was the seed. Above all, he truly loves his elder brother. Then, how could Stefan not do what he did for Damon? In Damon's words , his superman is 'Always the Hero'. But if you look inside Stefan , it was not about being heroic. It was about doing the right thing. It was about trying to 'right the wrong'. The wrongs that have been hounding him for more than a good 145+ years. And the greatest wrong he did, as per his own belief was against Damon. Damon ' his brother , his family . Whatever happens to him, Stefan feels morally responsible apart from the emotions. So, Stefan, forever seeking some kind of forgiveness, some kind of redemption and some kind of peace ' true to his martyr/savior/hero nature went all out to keep Damon alive.

When Katherine rubs it in Elena's face that Stefan sacrificed everything , including her , you understand the message that the writers are sending out to the audience which we didn't realize throughout. Stefan chose Damon not only over himself , but Elena as well.  Stefan , not knowing that what Klaus can do to him , how evilly he can kill the human-being in him to raise the beast in him, not having the slightest idea about what going into Klaus' embrace means, he just stepped into the shadows with him. And the worst part? Stefan has no idea about what is going to happen to him'.. he has no idea that Klaus will soon turn him into something that the mirror wouldn't even recognize.

Hero is not someone who is born a superman. Hero is somebody who rises above his weaknesses and rises to the occasion. At the end of this season, Stefan Salvatore is that hero.

And that brings us to Damon. On an off-note , am quite taken aback by the fandom's excitement. I mean , instead of blowing flying kisses to writers and creators about how they have  a chance to develop Delena  or the Stelena shippers worrying that why did Elena kiss Damon and what will happen to her soulmate love with Stefan, isn't it something else that should be driving the viewers? I mean , is that it? Shipping couples at the most crucial turn in the lives of what is the root and driving force of this whole show ' The Salvatore brothers?

We all saw that expression of shocked realization and mild alarms on Damon's face when he almost sat up after Katherine told him and Elena that Stefan had basically accepted Klaus' slavery for Damon.  And these alarms have full potential of blowing into panic trumpets when the next season opens.  Picture this.How is Damon going to take it when he realizes that Stefan is now owned by a werevamp hybrid who is going to turn Stefan into  a killing machine? How will he deal with the possibility or even the thought of it that he may never see Stefan again? Above all, the anxiety about what Stefan may have turned to. Damon is many things to many people but you can never doubt the honesty and depth of his love for Stefan and Elena. From the character's POV and if we know Damon well, he is not going to sit a single second in Mystic Falls when he doesn't even know where Stefan is , forget how Stefan is. And its not just about dealing with Stefan's sacrifice and almost suicidal heroism for him ' its about dealing with a million emotions and ugly fears in his own mind , about helping Elena deal with Stefan's loss as if Jenna and John exiting was not enough. It is not going to be about just finding and rescuing Stefan , it is also going to be about handling what all Stefan's exit has left behind damaged.Damon is going to discover his strength and depth as a human-being and maybe he will stop missing the man that he was as he finds himself again.

Damon cannot and will not rest until he has found Stefan , even if that means going to the end of the world to get his brother back. Its not because Stefan did a heroic sacrifice and Damon is grateful or must balance it out. Its because he loves Stefan. Just like  the greatest feeling driving Stefan while going into Klaus' jaws was his love for Damon.

And you know what will make the next season a ride to remember? Damon and Elena wanting Stefan back from Klaus and that too when Stefan has given up himself at his own will. We all know that Klaus is anything but 'generous'. So, is it DE V/s. Klaus for Stefan?

P.S- Looking back at the whole season , I realized that I liked Bonnie's character evolution the best. She truly is a WOMAN OF ACTION and the disaster management pro of this show. Haha.

Love and luck always,❤️

God bless everuone.🤗

Edited by Pocahontas - 12 years ago
WORD!

The one "ship" i will never let go is Team Salvatore! Many times they fought, fought to life! threaten each other to life! tried to kill but one thing they cnt kill, its thr love!

They may be the deadliest creature alive, but for most they are brothers or i should say "Blood brothers"

Damon and stefan have risked their life time n time to save each other, and how many times they fight dsnt affect that!

The fisrt thing Damon is going to do is find Stefan, not only find him but to awake the stefan that klaus just have killed! He loves to irritate his younger brother a lot! and Stefan cnt live without the friendly Banter they have!

What Lexi did back then when Stefan was original ripper, Damon will do for Stefan this time!

P.S: me too! loved Bonnie! There is long way for her in season 3! 
beautiful analyse
and i cantw ait for next season
to see damon go and save his brother
so greed that he wont sit a for a sec in mystic fall.. he will go after his broo
i love the love they have for each other teh salvatore brotherss
the understandingg.their relationship is soo awesomee
it has alwasy been stefan showing humanity too damon..
now it will be a change klaus will change stefan..but damon will try to change him backk

Nitzy finally your views on the this show! I have been waiting for this honestly.. I have told you million of times and I'll tell again I love the way you write ! Really love it.
I would be honest enough to say that I was the very eager for DE scene in the beginning. And even after the episode I was quite excited about DE and their scenes. I still am. But that's not the reason I think this finale was the best epi ever. No it's because of the wholeness that the epi had. It had everything we love about TVD . Alaric's craziness and his care for Jer and Damon, damon's humanity , 'Lena 's care , Caroline's chirpiness and Stefan's unexpressable through words sacrifice but most of all it had the Salvatore brother's love for each other .This is what show is based on and today the showed it completely . As Katherine said" Stefan sacrificed everything for the brother" . On the other hand Damon finally realised that all his mistakes in past were his choices and not Stefan's fault. This is huge for both the brothers. They both knew that they love each other. But it's finally today that they embraced it .
So yeah finale was Epic and the reason was not just one scene or couple. It was everyone from Bonnie's Awesome witchy power to Elena's care to even Sheriff's acknowledgement of her daughter's vampire self.
Although I really badly did wanna see a goodbye scene between the brothers but Stefan never gave up his hope and hence we never saw that scene...Edited by MagicalKash - 12 years ago
Nitz! This is brilliant. Utterly and completely wonderful expression of the show's main driving force - the relationship between the brothers.

I also love the full-cricle of that relationship. You pointed out that the Damon we saw in today's episode is much like the 1864 Damon, a full circle in his evolution as a character. I think the relationship between the brothers has also reached a full circle.

If you see it this way, throughout the two seasons, we have Damon blaming Stefan for his becoming a vampire/losing Katherine and Stefan blaming himself for what Damon's become, and despite the fact that we know the brothers love each other - they've been burying it behind mistrust and fights and stabbing one another, quite literally.

But in today's episode, that end especially - while we've always known that Stefan is willing to do anything for the people he cares about - I mean the fact that he turned his brother shows just how unwilling he was to live/exist without him - because they've always emphasied that Stefan was all about righting the wrongs and stuff, today's episode showed at the end that the 1864 Damon that adored his little brother is back. And next season will reinforce that when he goes looking for and trying to bring back Stefan. It'll be a long journey, but it will prove at the end that the brothers, together, can survive anything.

[I hope that obviously, Damon and Elena don't go about doing this alone but with Bonnie, who is awesome, Caroline, Jeremy, Alaric and even Sheriff Forbes, Matt and Tyler. also, I really want the scene from the book in season three where Damon fights Klaus to save Stefan.]
This is EXACTLY why I ship the SalBro's & their relationship above everything else! 👏...

I have nothing more to say... You guys have said it ALL 😆...
Originally posted by anwaya

WORD!

Thank you. Am not sure if i really got through what I was trying to put across. 🤔😆

The one "ship" i will never let go is Team Salvatore! Many times they fought, fought to life! threaten each other to life! tried to kill but one thing they cnt kill, its thr love!

True that. Damon and Stefan are the roots , the foundation stone of TVD , The one relationship that is above all others - its been through so much but the Sakvatores never let go of each-other.

They may be the deadliest creature alive, but for most they are brothers or i should say "Blood brothers"

Damon and stefan have risked their life time n time to save each other, and how many times they fight dsnt affect that!

Yes. No matter how much they swore that they want to kill each-other , they cut that every hand that was raised to hurt the other sibling.

The fisrt thing Damon is going to do is find Stefan, not only find him but to awake the stefan that klaus just have killed! He loves to irritate his younger brother a lot! and Stefan cnt live without the friendly Banter they have!

Hmmm. That is going to be a problem , right? Finding Stefan is one thing but how to 'find' the Stefan that everyone loves. It would shock and kill Damon to see Stefan as the ripper. Infact , maybe it is going to be a role reversal. Damon trying to evoke Stefan's lost goodness.

What Lexi did back then when Stefan was original ripper, Damon will do for Stefan this time!

P.S: me too! loved Bonnie! There is long way for her in season 3! 

I miss Lexi. I still do. Bonnie is growing out to be a major power - a super witch. She is going to be very pivotal in S3.
Originally posted by wida

beautiful analyse
and i cantw ait for next season
to see damon go and save his brother
so greed that he wont sit a for a sec in mystic fall.. he will go after his broo
i love the love they have for each other teh salvatore brotherss
the understandingg.their relationship is soo awesomee
it has alwasy been stefan showing humanity too damon..
now it will be a change klaus will change stefan..but damon will try to change him backk

Thank you, Wida. Yes, it is going to be a role reversal where Damon steps into Stefan's shoes and vice versa. Damon won't want to deal with a dark Stefan. To Damon , Stefan has always been a hero, a superman, no matter how much he ridicules Stefan's good side in dark humour. That is the Stefan Damon has known and he would want him back. And as powerful as Klaus is , he is going to prove to be the biggest test of brotherhood for the Salvatores , Elena and Katherine not withstanding. 😊
Originally posted by MagicalKash

Nitzy finally your views on the this show! I have been waiting for this honestly.. I have told you million of times and I'll tell again I love the way you write ! Really love it.
I would be honest enough to say that I was the very eager for DE scene in the beginning. And even after the episode I was quite excited about DE and their scenes. I still am. But that's not the reason I think this finale was the best epi ever. No it's because of the wholeness that the epi had. It had everything we love about TVD . Alaric's craziness and his care for Jer and Damon, damon's humanity , 'Lena 's care , Caroline's chirpiness and Stefan's unexpressable through words sacrifice but most of all it had the Salvatore brother's love for each other .This is what show is based on and today the showed it completely . As Katherine said" Stefan sacrificed everything for the brother" . On the other hand Damon finally realised that all his mistakes in past were his choices and not Stefan's fault. This is huge for both the brothers. They both knew that they love each other. But it's finally today that they embraced it .
So yeah finale was Epic and the reason was not just one scene or couple. It was everyone from Bonnie's Awesome witchy power to Elena's care to even Sheriff's acknowledgement of her daughter's vampire self.
Although I really badly did wanna see a goodbye scene between the brothers but Stefan never gave up his hope and hence we never saw that scene...

Paro! Kaisi hai tu? 🤗...I honestly felt that the episode finale was a let down in terms of a loose screenplay compared to the previosu episode that had us on tenterhooks. But yes, SD, DE, SK and Caro and her mom's scenes were sensitively done. Bonnie is turning out to be quite a star witch and am sure she will have more powerplay in the next season.

Damon's realization and Stefan's sacrifice is what is going to take the SD relationship to the next level. In finding Stefan, Damon is going to find what he was and what him and Stefan were. Its a journey to redemption for Damon as he tries to save Stefan from what he himself was once.

there is this scn in books when Klaus torturing n killing stefan n damon appears n he is like get away from my bro before i kill you.

i can so imagine this scn coming soon!