Fashion and Beauty

~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4 (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by viva_amez

Mallika looks beautiful...again..wow, a record...lol...Sonam looks amazing love the hair n make up but the dress could have been better, i mean its lovely but i dont know lol...oh well, she looks gorgeous n that's all that matters lol

Kruti, wait till you see the latest pics of Mallika Wink

But let's have Freida Pinto first...
These pictures, btw, (both Mallika's and Freida's)
are from the amfAR's Cinema Against Aids Gala.

Ok, so here's Freida Pinto, accompanied by..sigh, Dev Patel Day Dreaming

First things first, I love Dev Patel Embarrassed And yes, that is totally relevant here Tongue
Okay, but gorgeous arm candy aside, Freida's dress is okayish, IMO. I'm not really a fan of the colour for one. And also, it's a bit too simple for the occasion. See what some of the other stars came wearing here to get what I mean. It's cute and all, but maybe a gown would have been better. This is a bit disappointing. Freida is usually really stylish. I actually don't even find the dress pretty. Freida herself, of course, looks very nice! But yeah, bleh.

On the other hand, 
here's Mallika Sherawat,
at the same event
(even she wore a long gown, unlike Freida,
..although..
..errrm.. just scroll down, will ya?)

LOL LOL LOL
I don't know about you, but I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw these pics!!
Why, in God's name, is Mallika dressed like a chicken??
Maybe, just maybe, the gown would have been better if it was just a few inches longer? Also, Mallika does look very pretty - her hairstyle and makeup, I mean. If you just look at the last few pics (where the dress can't be seen), don't you think she looks absolutely stunning? Big smile Her necklace too is really nice.
But the dress, omg!! (It is better than what she wore on the red carpet though) 
I referred to Mallika as the Cannes Queen of Surprises a few posts ago. She deserves the title even more now IMO! LOL For the record, I prefer Mallika's appearance to Freida's, because Freida kinda pales out, whereas Mallika is hands-down hilarious, and definitely eyecatching.
I am starting to really like Mallika. She is such a character! 
And, and, and.. I would kill to have a dress like that!! Tongue LOL

Edited by ..kiran.. - 19 May 2011 at 9:00pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha..Jiya.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4 (Page 4)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:39am | IP Logged

Freida at L'Oreal Photoshoot

Um, I don't get it. What is it with this black lace thing that makes it so 'in'? (remember, Mallika opted for the same a few days ago) To me, it looks like a Western mourning attire. It looks morbid and kind of creepy even.
So yes, I don't like the gown at all, although to be fair to Freida, she probably didn't have a choice on the gown.

The other photoshoot pics, on the other hand, are beee-uuu-tiful!! Star Embarrassed
Scroll down..

Love the makeup, love the hair, love the dress. 'Nuff said Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Jiya.

RageOfAnAngel

IF-Dazzler

RageOfAnAngel

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:49am | IP Logged

Hi Kiran Hug 
Thanks for your pm Smile

Ummm, would begin with Ash considering she's kind of pro @ Cannes 

The 1st day she looked drop dead gorgeous Thumbs Up ; hair style , even though basic , suited her face contour so Star Star Star .

The 2nd day ,as they say , nothing is perfect . The dress & her hair style were Ermm , well I personally did not like it , so Star.

I simply loved her casual knee-length dresses in fawn & basic black color .
Looking simply beautiful so Star Star Star

Anjelina , looks pretty , her usual self .
She could have gone for some experimentation considering her super thin frame .
Nevertheless Star Star Star

Mallika Ermm , well I should be happy @ least she has worn something LOL
She looks okay ; but need to be more poised when in public forum so Star.

Sonam . she's just a beginner .
I see she has experimented ; good try , but her hair style needs to get toned down coz her face has very sharp contours ,
She needs to look more feminine Star

Minisha was looking good ; I would say safe make-up & good outfits so Star Star

Frieda , what was she wearing & hair style , too gone for a toss so Thumbs Down from my side .

That's it from me 
Heart Priya  

Edited by drashsree100 - 20 May 2011 at 5:54am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..kiran...Jiya.

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by drashsree100

Hi Kiran Hug 
Thanks for your pm Smile
Thanks for commenting, Priya!! Big smile Really, really appreciate it!

Ummm, would begin with Ash considering she's kind of pro @ Cannes 

The 1st day she looked drop dead gorgeous Thumbs Up ; hair style , even though basic , suited her face contour so Star Star Star .
I definitely agree on that, her hairstyle on the first day was really nice! Big smile
The 2nd day ,as they say , nothing is perfect . The dress & her hair style were Ermm , well I personally did not like it , so Star.

I simply loved her casual knee-length dresses in fawn & basic black color .
Looking simply beautiful so Star Star Star

Anjelina , looks pretty , her usual self .
She could have gone for some experimentation considering her super thin frame .
Nevertheless Star Star Star

Well, Angelina was there at a photocall, and considering how the rest of the cast is casually dressed, she might have looked a tad overdressed if she had experimented. The casual look suited the occasion.

On the other hand, this is what she wore to the red carpet. I love the slightly ruffled look and the rich yummy chocolate colour. What do you think?

Mallika Ermm , well I should be happy @ least she has worn something LOL
LOL Yes, you do! Remember I mentioned Candice Boucher in the post? Well, she also wore a see-through black gown, but with nothing underneath Dead
She looks okay ; but need to be more poised when in public forum so Star.

Sonam . she's just a beginner .
I see she has experimented ; good try , but her hair style needs to get toned down coz her face has very sharp contours ,
Hmm, I didn't think about that. Good point Smile 
So, I'm thinking, maybe that's why her hairstyle at the Cavalli event (the big, soft curls) looked so good, because it suits her face structure?
She needs to look more feminine Star

Minisha was looking good ; I would say safe make-up & good outfits so Star Star

Frieda , what was she wearing & hair style , too gone for a toss so Thumbs Down from my side .

That's it from me 
Heart Priya  

Thank you for commenting! I usually see a lot of views but very few actually comment. So this feels nice! Embarrassed

(Have added a few blue titbits to your post here in there, but in general, I agree!)

Edited by ..kiran.. - 20 May 2011 at 7:29am

RageOfAnAngel

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged

Thank you for the pm!

reserve! will edit my comments =)

..kiran..

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:15pm | IP Logged

After a looong time, more red carpet pics!
This is Kanishtha Dhankar, Miss India 2011.
With her is Sabyasachi who designed the look.

Firstly, yayy for wearing Indian!! Clap The lehenga (skirt) is most beautifully ornate, and the chunni, although mismatched, provides a somewhat pleasing contrast. The head jewelry is nice and very Indian, but she wore too many bangles IMO. It makes the look unnecessarily heavy. Also, the blouse seems to be out of sync, because it's so plain. Or is it the chunni that's not quite right? I dunno, there's definitely something that doesn't fit in, and I'm too lazy at the mo to figure out what.. lol.
But overlooking the nitty-gritty, which I don't think takes away anything from the look, I absolutely love the general feel of the look - it's very royal. I can almost imagine her as an Indian princess. And odd as it may seem, the smileless serenity that she seems to exude contributes to this impression I have.
And yes, yayy for wearing Indian! (Sorry, I might be biased towards people who wear Indian to Cannes.. lol)
Me likes!! Big smile Big smile Big smile

(Btw, she is replacing Rani Mukerjee
who was to walk the red carpet with Sabyasachi 
but cancelled the Cannes visit
because her father was unwell.

And here's more from Kanishtha, but off the red carpet

No, this one, I did not like. It feels like she had not gotten the time to get fully dressed before the shutterbugs caught her.. So, thumbs down. The jewelry (which I definitely like, for the royal feel it gives) just does not go with what she is wearing. This could be a sad, sad case of mismatch, unless, and I am hoping this is the case, the bottom of the petticoat-lookalike 'lehenga' has some detailed work on it. I think that might just redeem the look for me. So far, I have not been able to get hold of any pictures showing her in full, but I'm keeping my eyes open..

Edited by ..kiran.. - 20 May 2011 at 6:40pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RageOfAnAngelburgerchaap.Jiya.

viva_amez

viva_amez

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
LOL...Mallika...omg!!!! what the heck she is wearing?!?! Her hair n make up is pretty but the dress, i laughed a lot...haha...
Freida looks ok, i like the hair and make up but the dress ummm not so much, she could have picked out another dress and could have looked beautiful...
the first photoshoot is not tha good of Freida's but the second one is beautiful, everything about the 2nd one is perfect. 
And the girl Kanishtha is looking good in the first pic but the second one she could have put some more cloths on n it would have been fine

..kiran..

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Kruti, you just reminded me of Mallika and made me lol again!
Thankfully, the second pic of Kanishtha's was off the red carpet, but yeah, I totally agree. More clothes would have been nice.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top