Fashion and Beauty

~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:39am | IP Logged

DAY 4

Mallika Sherawat in Eric Tibusch gown

Maybe I've stopped expecting anything classy and elegant from Mallika Sherawat, so this did not shock me that much. It wasn't as trashy as some of her previous appearances (would not like to go there). Hands down awful, though! I can't find anything I like. She did try a different hairstyle but sadly, it's not that nice either. Maybe I can comment that her makeup's ok? But wouldn't it be sad if that's the only thing that works? I want to be impressed that she has the courage and confidence to try out these things and assert her difference.. but that still doesn't make her look nice (for me at least). Maybe I can say that the gown would not have been sooo eww, if the back wasn't so transparent? But all I can say, is why, Mallika, why? Sigh.

Afterthought:
I saw pics of somebody else (Candice Boucher, if you want to know) who pulled off the see-through black gown look on the red carpet as well, and can safely say that Mallika could have done a lot worse!  

Edited by ..kiran.. - 15 May 2011 at 4:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Jiya.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4 (Page 2)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:43am | IP Logged

And now, here's more Minishha (off the red carpet)!

Big smile Beautiful!! Such a refresher, after seeing Mallika! She looks adorable.

Edited by ..kiran.. - 15 May 2011 at 4:46pm

.Jiya.

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:16pm | IP Logged

DAY 4 (contd)

Sonam Kapoor in Jean Paul Gaultier couture

Clap Clap Clap
Sonam Kapoor is spectacularly spell-binding! I love the entire look, hair, makeup and all. And I love the gown!! It's edgy, very different and most definitely eyecatching, without making her look like she's trying too hard and while still making her look chic. I think the gown is fun, funky and all those things I associate with Sonam's signature style. It takes a lot of courage to take a risk and go for something innovative/out of the box and not stick to the safe zone, and it takes the sensibilities of the likes seen above, to make a choice that actually succeeds in making people go WOW!! Yes, we can nitpick and say the dress doesn't look so nice from the back, and I do foresee that the response to her outfit will be mixed. But I still think the overall look absolutely rocks! It's perfect for the kind of platform that the Cannes red carpet offers - to be adventurous, bring in that element of surprise, dazzle people for a few minutes and leave behind an awe-filled impression (in a good way) that lasts much, much longer. And Sonam does it with a lot of poise and her customary panache. What with her confidence beaming at us in that graceful, genuine smile, she looks like she owns the red carpet Big smile 

More Sonam, from the L'Oreal photoshooot

Our desi diva! Big smile

And this is from when she attended the Peter Lindbergh Exhibition,
in a sari by Masaba Gupta

I was very happy that she decided to go for a sari. I really think Indian actresses must showcase Indian culture more on such international platforms, even if it's by going for an Indian-Western fusion, and not necessarily something traditionally Indian. But I don't actually like the sari Ermm I get the thing about dissimilar patterns in saris (as in the pattern in the pallu part being different from the pattern at the beginning of the sari) and yes, it's trendy and all.. but here, as in many of Masaba's designs (eg this), the different segments are too different for the whole thing to gel as one, and the overall patchwork effect, although intended, is not so visually appealing, not to me at least. Sad. On the plus side, I like that the front of her blouse is not super revealing - looks classy in a vintage-y way Smile Still kinda disappointed with her choice of sari though.  

Fun factoid:
Masaba Gupta was one of the 2-3 Indian designers
that Sonam had shortlisted for Cannes.
Another designer was Anamika Khanna
who, btw, is the one who designed most, if not all, 
of the Indian outfits in Aisha
Really wish Sonam had gone for Anamika instead!
 Her designs are young, fun and most delightful to see..

So, what do you think of the pics posted so far?
What would you like to see on Cannes next?
Also, what if you were to go to Cannes..? What would you wear?

Big smile

Edited by ..kiran.. - 16 May 2011 at 4:06am

viva_amez

viva_amez

Posted: 16 May 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
@Kiran...Hi im Kruti!

Angelina Jolie looks amazing, so gorgeous!!!! Loved everything about her!
Sonam looks beautiful too but the first dress is very funky lol...i love her look, the make up n hair is beautiful n different, not too showy n all, i love it...but the photoshoot is ok...she could have done better...but still she looks amazing :)

Edited by viva_amez - 16 May 2011 at 9:55am

..kiran..

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged

Hey Kruti *wave*

Ok so nothing new from the red carpet so far,
(Freida coming soon though)
so I'm just posting random snapshots
of the stars as they attended various Cannes events

Minissha Lamba at the Nadine Labaki party

She looks cute as always Embarrassed But the clutch does not match at all! Sorry, I'm finicky about such things. Definitely a cute dress though.

Mallika Sherawat at the Paradis Event

Yes, it's Mallika, wearing a nice dress! Big smileAlexander McQueen, no less. I like the laciness of it!  It's not spectacular, but not bad either. 'Nice' seems to do it justice. Her face looks a bit chalky, but I will happily overlook that here.

Sonam Kapoor at Chopard's party

Nooo! Firstly, what's with the dress? I don't get it. It's designer and all, but what's special about it? I can't believe it must have cost a fortune, when it's got no shape, no texture, no colour Confused
And Sonam's makeup! It's so ironic (and very sad) that she was so excited about Cannes because she would be walking for L'Oreal. She tweeted about being very excited that the "dream team of magicians" would do her makeup. Sorry, but I think Sonam has so far always had the perfect makeup in all of her public appearances, and this bunch of 'magicians' has just managed to make her look horrendous. Orange lipstick and orangey blush on her skin tone, really?! I wonder if she has any say in the makeup department at all.
Only nice thing is the emerald bracelet, I guess, but for me at least, the dress and makeup are too distracting for it to get its due. Why did she choose that dress, I wonder. Such a let down! Can't believe I'm saying this, but Mallika looks way better than her. And not just in the pictures above. See below to see what I mean.

(sorry about the rant btw, but seriously, Sonam has never looked worse IMO)

Mallika again at 'Tree of life' bash

O-M-G. Perfect. Star It's such a lovely, pretty gown! I love the colour and the cut and the dainty beady thing and the way it falls, oh-so-gracefully. The colour, in particular, suits her beautifully. She looks absolutely gorgeous and more graceful than ever. This is such a pleasant surprise! Love it Clap 

Edited by ..kiran.. - 20 May 2011 at 7:49pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.RageOfAnAngelburgerchaap

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

So, I was wondering if I should actually carry on updating the thread, seeing that it's kinda, um dead Dead LOL.. but then I figured it probably has more readers than commenters, and I would have myself believe that they would lurrrve me to go on Tongue

I was thinking, despite what, strictly in my opinion, was a what-on-earthShocked moment for Sonam Kapoor (read, the white ghost dress she wore to Chopard's party), she is definitely not one to be written off so soon.

In fact, if at all Mallika Sherawat's latest oh-so-very-pleasing appearances can teach us anything, it is that surprises are often peeking at us from just 'round the corner...

So let's just wait and see then, I guess.

Till then, just a reminder of how stylish Sonam is, and charming too, in her endearingly spontaneous, genuinely cheerful manner.

Other than the pleasant surprises hopefully in store from Minissha, Ash and Sonam, I am also eager to see the also very stylish Freida Pinto on the red carpet (which will most probably be this Sunday).

But highest on my wishlist is this:
Somebody, just anybody, in a stunning Indian outfit!! Star

I am reminded of what Ash wore when she was promoting Raavan at Cannes last year. It's that kind that I have in mind - something that aptly showcases Indian culture, something classy and elegant, worn in a dignified manner and carried with a lot of grace.. 
(not quite like Deepika's scarily low-waisted thing

What do you think? Wouldn't something like that be freakin' awesome? Big smile

In fact, that's my answer to one of the discussion questions I had asked at the beginning of the thread. What would I wear to the Cannes red carpet? Definitely a sari like that! Will probably never be able to carry it as well as Ash, but it all works out in dreamland, hey? Wink 

Ok, so that's my two-cents. If anyone's reading, hello. Gosh, this is getting kinda depressing. I feel like I'm talking to myself. Comment, people.. Or I might just abandon this thread,
and I-F, and become a hermit Tongue

Edited by ..kiran.. - 17 May 2011 at 7:27pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.RageOfAnAngel

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Thanks for the updates. I like Mallikas dress on trees@life.
Sonams dress was kinda ok to me. The bottom of the dress was nice but the "skirt"looked strange and not elegant. In the shoot she was looking really nice. Sonams Saree was not as good as I expected. I really love sarees and I think Sonam can carry it off well but this saree was not that nice.
About Aish..m glad she wore a nice saree but her appearance was not that great, according to me. I think Ash looked a bit dull. Bipasha wore a saree too but I dont have the pics anymore. If I will be able to find them I will share it :)

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aradhana87

Thanks for the updates. I like Mallikas dress on trees@life.
Sonams dress was kinda ok to me. The bottom of the dress was nice but the "skirt"looked strange and not elegant. In the shoot she was looking really nice. Sonams Saree was not as good as I expected. I really love sarees and I think Sonam can carry it off well but this saree was not that nice.
About Aish..m glad she wore a nice saree but her appearance was not that great, according to me. I think Ash looked a bit dull. Bipasha wore a saree too but I dont have the pics anymore. If I will be able to find them I will share it :)

Hey hey Big smile
I agree about Ash. Her hairstyle wasn't nice. It was kind of plastered. But I liked the way she wore the sari and the sari itself. It looked so graceful. Esp when you compare it to Deepika's appearance at Cannes last year. And the fact that she wore the sari to Cannes won my heart, obviously Wink I wish that happened more often at Cannes.
Please do share the pic.. That would be great.
<3

Aradhana87

Post Reply New Post

Go to top