Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
woww Mallika is really surprising this year
..kiran.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: viva_amez

Wow...Mallika surprised me. She actually looks beautiful and all appropriaty at once haha...i like the dress n the color...it looks amazing, im shocked lol

Originally posted by: ..Sakshi..

woww Mallika is really surprising this year

Lol. Kruti and Sakshi, I'm sure everybody is just as shocked! I especially love the fact that she's going for different colours.
And yes, the appropriateness of it all as well, as Kruti pointed out. lol. Maybe it's not so bad to stick to the safe zone after all.
Here's another one of her appearances, btw (another lovely colour that suits her really well)

..kiran.. thumbnail

Latest from Sonam Kapoor at Cannes,
off the red carpet,
at the Cavalli Boutique opening
😃 😃 😃
YES, I'm smiling!
I think you will too..
This is nothing like her last 2 appearances at Cannes
(the Masaba sari and white bedsheet thing)...

Lovely gown (by Roberto Cavalli, if you wanna know), beautifully accessorised, and might I add, Sonam is looking absolutely radiant! She looked kinda tired in her previous appearances, IMO. Everything's lovely, hair, makeup.. Sonam Kapoor's back, with all her sparkle and twinkle ⭐️ I'm loving it!

Edited by ..kiran.. - 12 years ago
viva_amez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Mallika looks beautiful...again..wow, a record...lol...Sonam looks amazing love the hair n make up but the dress could have been better, i mean its lovely but i dont know lol...oh well, she looks gorgeous n that's all that matters lol
..kiran.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: viva_amez

Mallika looks beautiful...again..wow, a record...lol...Sonam looks amazing love the hair n make up but the dress could have been better, i mean its lovely but i dont know lol...oh well, she looks gorgeous n that's all that matters lol

Kruti, wait till you see the latest pics of Mallika 😉

But let's have Freida Pinto first...
These pictures, btw, (both Mallika's and Freida's)
are from the amfAR's Cinema Against Aids Gala.

Ok, so here's Freida Pinto, accompanied by..sigh, Dev Patel 😍

First things first, I love Dev Patel 😳 And yes, that is totally relevant here 😛
Okay, but gorgeous arm candy aside, Freida's dress is okayish, IMO. I'm not really a fan of the colour for one. And also, it's a bit too simple for the occasion. See what some of the other stars came wearing here to get what I mean. It's cute and all, but maybe a gown would have been better. This is a bit disappointing. Freida is usually really stylish. I actually don't even find the dress pretty. Freida herself, of course, looks very nice! But yeah, bleh.

On the other hand, 
here's Mallika Sherawat,
at the same event
(even she wore a long gown, unlike Freida,
..although..
..errrm.. just scroll down, will ya?)

😆 😆 😆
I don't know about you, but I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw these pics!!
Why, in God's name, is Mallika dressed like a chicken??
Maybe, just maybe, the gown would have been better if it was just a few inches longer? Also, Mallika does look very pretty - her hairstyle and makeup, I mean. If you just look at the last few pics (where the dress can't be seen), don't you think she looks absolutely stunning? 😃 Her necklace too is really nice.
But the dress, omg!! (It is better than what she wore on the red carpet though) 
I referred to Mallika as the Cannes Queen of Surprises a few posts ago. She deserves the title even more now IMO! 😆 For the record, I prefer Mallika's appearance to Freida's, because Freida kinda pales out, whereas Mallika is hands-down hilarious, and definitely eyecatching.
I am starting to really like Mallika. She is such a character! 
And, and, and.. I would kill to have a dress like that!! 😛 😆

..kiran.. thumbnail

Freida at L'Oreal Photoshoot

Um, I don't get it. What is it with this black lace thing that makes it so 'in'? (remember, Mallika opted for the same a few days ago) To me, it looks like a Western mourning attire. It looks morbid and kind of creepy even.
So yes, I don't like the gown at all, although to be fair to Freida, she probably didn't have a choice on the gown.

The other photoshoot pics, on the other hand, are beee-uuu-tiful!! ⭐️ 😳
Scroll down..

Love the makeup, love the hair, love the dress. 'Nuff said 😃

RageOfAnAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Kiran 🤗 
Thanks for your pm 😊

Ummm, would begin with Ash considering she's kind of pro @ Cannes 

The 1st day she looked drop dead gorgeous 👍🏼 ; hair style , even though basic , suited her face contour so ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ .

The 2nd day ,as they say , nothing is perfect . The dress & her hair style were 🤔 , well I personally did not like it , so ⭐️.

I simply loved her casual knee-length dresses in fawn & basic black color .
Looking simply beautiful so ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Anjelina , looks pretty , her usual self .
She could have gone for some experimentation considering her super thin frame .
Nevertheless ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Mallika 🤔 , well I should be happy @ least she has worn something 😆
She looks okay ; but need to be more poised when in public forum so ⭐️.

Sonam . she's just a beginner .
I see she has experimented ; good try , but her hair style needs to get toned down coz her face has very sharp contours ,
She needs to look more feminine ⭐️

Minisha was looking good ; I would say safe make-up & good outfits so ⭐️ ⭐️

Frieda , what was she wearing & hair style , too gone for a toss so 👎🏼 from my side .

That's it from me 
❤️ Priya  
Edited by drashsree100 - 12 years ago
..kiran.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: drashsree100

Hi Kiran 🤗 
Thanks for your pm 😊
Thanks for commenting, Priya!! 😃 Really, really appreciate it!

Ummm, would begin with Ash considering she's kind of pro @ Cannes 

The 1st day she looked drop dead gorgeous 👍🏼 ; hair style , even though basic , suited her face contour so ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ .
I definitely agree on that, her hairstyle on the first day was really nice! 😃
The 2nd day ,as they say , nothing is perfect . The dress & her hair style were 🤔 , well I personally did not like it , so ⭐️.

I simply loved her casual knee-length dresses in fawn & basic black color .
Looking simply beautiful so ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Anjelina , looks pretty , her usual self .
She could have gone for some experimentation considering her super thin frame .
Nevertheless ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Well, Angelina was there at a photocall, and considering how the rest of the cast is casually dressed, she might have looked a tad overdressed if she had experimented. The casual look suited the occasion.

On the other hand, this is what she wore to the red carpet. I love the slightly ruffled look and the rich yummy chocolate colour. What do you think?

Mallika 🤔 , well I should be happy @ least she has worn something 😆
😆 Yes, you do! Remember I mentioned Candice Boucher in the post? Well, she also wore a see-through black gown, but with nothing underneath 🤢
She looks okay ; but need to be more poised when in public forum so ⭐️.

Sonam . she's just a beginner .
I see she has experimented ; good try , but her hair style needs to get toned down coz her face has very sharp contours ,
Hmm, I didn't think about that. Good point 😊 
So, I'm thinking, maybe that's why her hairstyle at the Cavalli event (the big, soft curls) looked so good, because it suits her face structure?
She needs to look more feminine ⭐️

Minisha was looking good ; I would say safe make-up & good outfits so ⭐️ ⭐️

Frieda , what was she wearing & hair style , too gone for a toss so 👎🏼 from my side .

That's it from me 
❤️ Priya  

Thank you for commenting! I usually see a lot of views but very few actually comment. So this feels nice! 😳

(Have added a few blue titbits to your post here in there, but in general, I agree!)

.Jiya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you for the pm!

reserve! will edit my comments =)
..kiran.. thumbnail

After a looong time, more red carpet pics!
This is Kanishtha Dhankar, Miss India 2011.
With her is Sabyasachi who designed the look.

Firstly, yayy for wearing Indian!! 👏 The lehenga (skirt) is most beautifully ornate, and the chunni, although mismatched, provides a somewhat pleasing contrast. The head jewelry is nice and very Indian, but she wore too many bangles IMO. It makes the look unnecessarily heavy. Also, the blouse seems to be out of sync, because it's so plain. Or is it the chunni that's not quite right? I dunno, there's definitely something that doesn't fit in, and I'm too lazy at the mo to figure out what.. lol.
But overlooking the nitty-gritty, which I don't think takes away anything from the look, I absolutely love the general feel of the look - it's very royal. I can almost imagine her as an Indian princess. And odd as it may seem, the smileless serenity that she seems to exude contributes to this impression I have.
And yes, yayy for wearing Indian! (Sorry, I might be biased towards people who wear Indian to Cannes.. lol)
Me likes!! 😃 😃 😃

(Btw, she is replacing Rani Mukerjee
who was to walk the red carpet with Sabyasachi 
but cancelled the Cannes visit
because her father was unwell.

And here's more from Kanishtha, but off the red carpet

No, this one, I did not like. It feels like she had not gotten the time to get fully dressed before the shutterbugs caught her.. So, thumbs down. The jewelry (which I definitely like, for the royal feel it gives) just does not go with what she is wearing. This could be a sad, sad case of mismatch, unless, and I am hoping this is the case, the bottom of the petticoat-lookalike 'lehenga' has some detailed work on it. I think that might just redeem the look for me. So far, I have not been able to get hold of any pictures showing her in full, but I'm keeping my eyes open..