~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4

..kiran.. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

The much-awaited, much-hyped about event is here again..

The Cannes Film Festival!!

Needless to say, all fashionistas  (and fashion police-members) have their eyeballs glued onto the red carpet...

This year will see a number of Bollywood/Indian stars on the red carpet, Cannes-veteran Aishwarya Rai Bachchan biensur, Mallika Sherawat, Freida Pinto, as well as some debutants,
such as Minissha Lamba, Saif Ali Khan, and finally, Sonam Kapoor
(reeeally looking forward to her appearance, esp since, as per the buzz, she'll be wearing either something Indian or vintage Western, or both..
and the sound of that sounds pretty awesome to me!)

So... join the buzz

What you would wear to Cannes? πŸ˜‰ Share some pics of your ideal get-up..

Also/alternatively, what do you think of how our stars
fared at the red carpet?
(See pictures/links to pictures below.. 
I'm focusing on the desi stars here,
but you're free to pipe in about their Western counterparts..)

Note: The pictures and the links to other posts, in this post, are red carpet pictures only.. However, there are more pictures in the thread, of the stars in various other appearances at Cannes, so do browse through and see what you think..

DAY 1

Minissha Lamba in Gauri and Nainika gown (could only get hold of 2 pictures, sadly)

My two cents: She looks very pretty! I like the makeup, hairstyle and accessories - understated and elegant.  The gown has a very delicate fairytale like feel to it (esp with the lace that's coming over her shoulder) and I like the way it flows and falls, almost like a ghagra. The colour, however, does not quite do it for me. It does suit her complexion beautifully, but dunno, it seems too pale and well, safe. But other than that, thumbs up for sure! πŸ˜ƒ

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Elie Saab couture gown

The makeup, of course, is flawless, courtesy L'Oreal! Her hairstyle is also way better than last year's infamous beehive. I like it, very fresh-looking. But I wish she had gone for a nicer gown. I love, love, love Elie Saab, but this gown is not one of his best. The colour is so not eyecatching. I don't like the texture or the cut either - both make her look a bit fat. It's an okayish gown, but does not wow me in the least..maybe if it was more flowy..? And yes, Ash does look beautiful anyway 😊 (Self-introspective question: have we become too critical of Ash's Cannes appearances just because she's been there so many times? Hmm..)

DAY 2

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in a modified Armani Prive gown

Yes, yes, yes!! πŸ‘ Love it!! πŸ˜ƒ The gown is very elegant and stylish, in an edgy, futuristic kind of way, and it looks perfect on Ash. Interesting choice of accessories as well. The whole look is fab - it makes her look very graceful! (Not a fan of the hairstyle  but hey, I'll stop nitpicking and overlook that - you can't have it all πŸ˜›)

The gown, as mentioned, is a modified version of Armani Prive's.. this is the original version
I personally like the modified version much, much better! 

DAY 4

Mallika Sherawat

Sonam Kapoor 

DAY 10

Kanishtha Dhankar

So what do you think??

Do comment on this thread
and participate in the poll...

Link to poll:

[also, check out pages 1-4 of this thread for more pics from Cannes, taken off the red carpet]

That's all from me

Edited by ..kiran.. - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing..I dont like the second dress and the blue eyeshadow makes it a bit too much.
..kiran.. thumbnail

Yes! A reply!!! πŸ˜› Thanks Aradhana πŸ˜ƒ It's quite conceivable that we will all have very different things to say about the stars wore, and I think that's what will make this more interesting and fun. So, thanks for joining in the discussion! That said, I personally do prefer the makeup in Ash's first Cannes appearance  although I think, given the number of shutterbugs at the event, it's probably kind of normal to be super made-up  like that.. because I guess everything needs to be eyecatching, perhaps?

And now, as we wait for more from the Cannes red carpet,
here are a few snapshots from photoshoots of Ash at Cannes
but off the red carpet...

Here, promoting Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming film, Heroine

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of the dress. I like the chic casual vibe of it, and I like the earthy colour (looks wonderful on her), but with all the folds around the neckline, it seems a bit too, I dunno.. messy. Am I being finicky?πŸ˜› Or maybe, it's just the wind that's making it seem messy? On the other hand, I love when she wears her hair down. Makes her look very pretty. Wouldn't you agree? 

From a L'Oreal photoshoot..

I can find nothing to criticise πŸ˜›πŸ˜³ Like the hair, the makeup and the dress! Regarding the dress in particular, I like the drawstring in the low waistline which gives it that chic casual vibe and has a figure-enhancing effect to boot. And the rope-type neckline adds to the charm of the dress. Not stunning, but definitely simple and cute. Me likes.

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with youu. minisha looks really beautiful. her entire look is radiant and elegant but like you said, the color could have been better. i think she should've experimented cause she has a wonderful skin tone which would go well with most of the colors

and aishwarya, idk i don't really like either of the dresses she wore for the main event. she looks much better for the photo shoots tho with her hair down 

ahh i'm actually waiting to see what sonam wears. she's got a great fashion sense most of the time

viva_amez thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Minisha looks great...and Aishwarya looks good, her eye shadow is too much and the dress is good but could have been better...the photoshoot is beautiful
..kiran.. thumbnail

Hey Sakshi and viva_amez! 😎

Sakshi, I also can't wait for Sonam's appearance! πŸ˜ƒ It will be on May 15th, according to some sources on the internet.. She'll be walking for L'Oreal.

Viva_amez, yeah hey, the more I look at Minissha, the more I feel that she's so gotten it right here πŸ˜ƒ It's not eyecatching, but she definitely did not goof up as quite a few stars have been known to, and was still gorgeous in her own delicate, understated, petite way. So that would be a win for sure.

Okay, so I'm not sure what's happening at Cannes today, if at all there will be any Bollywood appearances, but just couldn't resist sharing these pics of Angelina Jolie promoting Kung Fu Panda 2  at Cannes on Day 2.

Tres, tres, tres, tres jolie! 😲😳 (And I'm not even an Angelina fan) She looks positively radiant!! I absolutely love what she's wearing, the belt, the emerald accessories, her shoes, everything.

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
OMG Angelina looks sooo pretty!! Everything looks just so elegant and perfect
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ..kiran..

Yes! A reply!!! πŸ˜› Thanks Aradhana πŸ˜ƒ It's quite conceivable that we will all have very different things to say about the stars wore, and I think that's what will make this more interesting and fun. So, thanks for joining in the discussion! That said, I personally do prefer the makeup in Ash's first Cannes appearance  although I think, given the number of shutterbugs at the event, it's probably kind of normal to be super made-up  like that.. because I guess everything needs to be eyecatching, perhaps?

You are welcome😊 Yes the first appearance looks much better in terms of makeup combination with her dress😊 I dont like the other dress of her, the brown dress. 

And now, as we wait for more from the Cannes red carpet,
here are a few snapshots from photoshoots of Ash at Cannes
but off the red carpet...

Here, promoting Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming film, Heroine

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of the dress. I like the chic casual vibe of it, and I like the earthy colour (looks wonderful on her), but with all the folds around the neckline, it seems a bit too, I dunno.. messy. Am I being finicky?πŸ˜› Or maybe, it's just the wind that's making it seem messy? On the other hand, I love when she wears her hair down. Makes her look very pretty. Wouldn't you agree? 

From a L'Oreal photoshoot..

I can find nothing to criticise πŸ˜›πŸ˜³ Like the hair, the makeup and the dress! Regarding the dress in particular, I like the drawstring in the low waistline which gives it that chic casual vibe and has a figure-enhancing effect to boot. And the rope-type neckline adds to the charm of the dress. Not stunning, but definitely simple and cute. Me likes.

..kiran.. thumbnail

DAY 4

Mallika Sherawat in Eric Tibusch gown

Maybe I've stopped expecting anything classy and elegant from Mallika Sherawat, so this did not shock me that much. It wasn't as trashy as some of her previous appearances (would not like to go there). Hands down awful, though! I can't find anything I like. She did try a different hairstyle but sadly, it's not that nice either. Maybe I can comment that her makeup's ok? But wouldn't it be sad if that's the only thing that works? I want to be impressed that she has the courage and confidence to try out these things and assert her difference.. but that still doesn't make her look nice (for me at least). Maybe I can say that the gown would not have been sooo eww, if the back wasn't so transparent? But all I can say, is why, Mallika, why? Sigh.

Afterthought:
I saw pics of somebody else (Candice Boucher, if you want to know) who pulled off the see-through black gown look on the red carpet as well, and can safely say that Mallika could have done a lot worse!  

..kiran.. thumbnail

And now, here's more Minishha (off the red carpet)!

πŸ˜ƒ Beautiful!! Such a refresher, after seeing Mallika! She looks adorable.