Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:16am | IP Logged

The much-awaited, much-hyped about event is here again..

The Cannes Film Festival!!

Needless to say, all fashionistas  (and fashion police-members) have their eyeballs glued onto the red carpet...

This year will see a number of Bollywood/Indian stars on the red carpet, Cannes-veteran Aishwarya Rai Bachchan biensur, Mallika Sherawat, Freida Pinto, as well as some debutants,
such as Minissha Lamba, Saif Ali Khan, and finally, Sonam Kapoor
(reeeally looking forward to her appearance, esp since, as per the buzz, she'll be wearing either something Indian or vintage Western, or both..
and the sound of that sounds pretty awesome to me!)

So... join the buzz

What you would wear to Cannes? Wink Share some pics of your ideal get-up..

Also/alternatively, what do you think of how our stars
fared at the red carpet?
(See pictures/links to pictures below.. 
I'm focusing on the desi stars here,
but you're free to pipe in about their Western counterparts..)

Note: The pictures and the links to other posts, in this post, are red carpet pictures only.. However, there are more pictures in the thread, of the stars in various other appearances at Cannes, so do browse through and see what you think..

DAY 1

Minissha Lamba in Gauri and Nainika gown (could only get hold of 2 pictures, sadly)

My two cents: She looks very pretty! I like the makeup, hairstyle and accessories - understated and elegant.  The gown has a very delicate fairytale like feel to it (esp with the lace that's coming over her shoulder) and I like the way it flows and falls, almost like a ghagra. The colour, however, does not quite do it for me. It does suit her complexion beautifully, but dunno, it seems too pale and well, safe. But other than that, thumbs up for sure! Big smile

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Elie Saab couture gown

The makeup, of course, is flawless, courtesy L'Oreal! Her hairstyle is also way better than last year's infamous beehive. I like it, very fresh-looking. But I wish she had gone for a nicer gown. I love, love, love Elie Saab, but this gown is not one of his best. The colour is so not eyecatching. I don't like the texture or the cut either - both make her look a bit fat. It's an okayish gown, but does not wow me in the least..maybe if it was more flowy..? And yes, Ash does look beautiful anyway Smile (Self-introspective question: have we become too critical of Ash's Cannes appearances just because she's been there so many times? Hmm..)

DAY 2

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in a modified Armani Prive gown

Yes, yes, yes!! Clap Love it!! Big smile The gown is very elegant and stylish, in an edgy, futuristic kind of way, and it looks perfect on Ash. Interesting choice of accessories as well. The whole look is fab - it makes her look very graceful! (Not a fan of the hairstyle Ouch but hey, I'll stop nitpicking and overlook that - you can't have it all Tongue)

The gown, as mentioned, is a modified version of Armani Prive's.. this is the original version
I personally like the modified version much, much better! 

So what do you think??

Do comment on this thread
and participate in the poll...

Link to poll:

[also, check out pages 1-4 of this thread for more pics from Cannes, taken off the red carpet]

That's all from me

Edited by ..kiran.. - 21 May 2011 at 9:10am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.RageOfAnAngelReineMMBGJess..Jiya.burgerchaap

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~^~Cannes 2011~^~ last red carpet pics added-pg4" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing..I dont like the second dress and the blue eyeshadow makes it a bit too much.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..kiran...Jiya.

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

Yes! A reply!!! Tongue Thanks Aradhana Big smile It's quite conceivable that we will all have very different things to say about the stars wore, and I think that's what will make this more interesting and fun. So, thanks for joining in the discussion! That said, I personally do prefer the makeup in Ash's first Cannes appearance Approve although I think, given the number of shutterbugs at the event, it's probably kind of normal to be super made-up  like that.. because I guess everything needs to be eyecatching, perhaps?

And now, as we wait for more from the Cannes red carpet,
here are a few snapshots from photoshoots of Ash at Cannes
but off the red carpet...

Here, promoting Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming film, Heroine

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of the dress. I like the chic casual vibe of it, and I like the earthy colour (looks wonderful on her), but with all the folds around the neckline, it seems a bit too, I dunno.. messy. Am I being finicky?Tongue Or maybe, it's just the wind that's making it seem messy? On the other hand, I love when she wears her hair down. Makes her look very pretty. Wouldn't you agree? 

From a L'Oreal photoshoot..

I can find nothing to criticise TongueEmbarrassed Like the hair, the makeup and the dress! Regarding the dress in particular, I like the drawstring in the low waistline which gives it that chic casual vibe and has a figure-enhancing effect to boot. And the rope-type neckline adds to the charm of the dress. Not stunning, but definitely simple and cute. Me likes.

Edited by ..kiran.. - 13 May 2011 at 3:00pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RageOfAnAngelReineburgerchaap.Jiya.

Reine

IF-Rockerz

Reine

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:48pm | IP Logged
I agree with youu. minisha looks really beautiful. her entire look is radiant and elegant but like you said, the color could have been better. i think she should've experimented cause she has a wonderful skin tone which would go well with most of the colors

and aishwarya, idk i don't really like either of the dresses she wore for the main event. she looks much better for the photo shoots tho with her hair down 

ahh i'm actually waiting to see what sonam wears. she's got a great fashion sense most of the time

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Zahra.G..kiran..burgerchaap.Jiya.

viva_amez

viva_amez

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
Minisha looks great...and Aishwarya looks good, her eye shadow is too much and the dress is good but could have been better...the photoshoot is beautiful

..kiran...Jiya.

..kiran..

Groupbie

..kiran..

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 3:30am | IP Logged

Hey Sakshi and viva_amez! Cool

Sakshi, I also can't wait for Sonam's appearance! Big smile It will be on May 15th, according to some sources on the internet.. She'll be walking for L'Oreal.

Viva_amez, yeah hey, the more I look at Minissha, the more I feel that she's so gotten it right here Big smile It's not eyecatching, but she definitely did not goof up as quite a few stars have been known to, and was still gorgeous in her own delicate, understated, petite way. So that would be a win for sure.

Okay, so I'm not sure what's happening at Cannes today, if at all there will be any Bollywood appearances, but just couldn't resist sharing these pics of Angelina Jolie promoting Kung Fu Panda 2  at Cannes on Day 2.

Tres, tres, tres, tres jolie! ShockedEmbarrassed (And I'm not even an Angelina fan) She looks positively radiant!! I absolutely love what she's wearing, the belt, the emerald accessories, her shoes, everything.

Edited by ..kiran.. - 14 May 2011 at 8:12am

RageOfAnAngel.Jiya.

Reine

IF-Rockerz

Reine

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
OMG Angelina looks sooo pretty!! Everything looks just so elegant and perfect

..kiran...Jiya.

Aradhana87

IF-Dazzler

Aradhana87

Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..kiran..

Yes! A reply!!! Tongue Thanks Aradhana Big smile It's quite conceivable that we will all have very different things to say about the stars wore, and I think that's what will make this more interesting and fun. So, thanks for joining in the discussion! That said, I personally do prefer the makeup in Ash's first Cannes appearance Approve although I think, given the number of shutterbugs at the event, it's probably kind of normal to be super made-up  like that.. because I guess everything needs to be eyecatching, perhaps?

You are welcomeSmile Yes the first appearance looks much better in terms of makeup combination with her dressSmile I dont like the other dress of her, the brown dress. 

And now, as we wait for more from the Cannes red carpet,
here are a few snapshots from photoshoots of Ash at Cannes
but off the red carpet...

Here, promoting Madhur Bhandarkar's forthcoming film, Heroine

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of the dress. I like the chic casual vibe of it, and I like the earthy colour (looks wonderful on her), but with all the folds around the neckline, it seems a bit too, I dunno.. messy. Am I being finicky?Tongue Or maybe, it's just the wind that's making it seem messy? On the other hand, I love when she wears her hair down. Makes her look very pretty. Wouldn't you agree? 

From a L'Oreal photoshoot..

I can find nothing to criticise TongueEmbarrassed Like the hair, the makeup and the dress! Regarding the dress in particular, I like the drawstring in the low waistline which gives it that chic casual vibe and has a figure-enhancing effect to boot. And the rope-type neckline adds to the charm of the dress. Not stunning, but definitely simple and cute. Me likes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..kiran..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top