Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

aishwarya rai's cummer is a kamra. Gawd! - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago
I personally have no issues with people making fun of her weight... part and parcel of being a celebrity. Everyone gets such articles.

What I have a problem with is the language, not just specifically used against Ash but also other South indians. That was extremely offensive.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ladygaga thumbnail
Pragya that is internet media for you.. is it even media.. if a big publication like timesofindia or hindustantimes.. would have said it.. then i would like yea.. it is totally out of line.. but this is just a blog or a website that feeds on senstationalism.. they don't care about what is ethical or right to say or not all they want is sensationalism.. and they are crude.. that is their USP i guess. Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Gobsmacked

I personally have no issues with people making fun of her weight... part and parcel of being a celebrity. Everyone gets such articles.

What I have a problem with is the language, not just specifically used against Ash but also other South indians. That was extremely offensive.

"she's become like those heavy busty South Indian actresses"..

I personally dont see anything wrong with the remark but then again, i stereotype a lot..

sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Look the amount of flak that Vidya Balan gets for not being skinny. So if Ash is looking bad then everyone has a right to point out. 

She is in show biz where actress have to look good, no matter the age. Even the actors have to look good now a days.
ladygaga thumbnail
I am sure bollywood actors and bollywood on the whole is also streotyped... people have stereotypes for everything!
gamla_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is a public figure (criticism to hoga hi) and Bachans' love her brand for being the biggest known Indian outside. aisa toh hai nahin that she will never grow old. She is showing her age and everybody does. I agree with somebody with title that could have different.

Ash is never known to have a great figure like Shilpa, Kareena, Bipasha and Malaika. She has a face and thats her roji-roti. Although she looked bad in that specific dress around her waist. Design somehow was similar to lehnga-choli.
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
when other actresses gain weight they r criticized so much and stop getting movies... pretty much their career is over but since Aish is the Bachchan bahu they always ignore her size and how many flops shes had in a row!! im glad someone finally spoke the TRUTH!
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
If someone says my Kamar looks like a Kamra that person would get a tight slap on his face...😆

But we are talking abt Ash...the so called most beautiful woman in the world... Yep she is put on a pedestal for her beauty and at the same time she gets brick bats too... Its all part of the deal...

When essays and essays are written abt her beauty/her glamor... the other side of the coin is the criticism...

All of them get called names... Deepika's called a scrawny bird... Rani's called a Lilliput... Sonam is called a quack quack Duckie... Ash's Kamar is called Kamra...

I am sure the celebs have developed a thick skin to these comments and have learnt to take it in a stride...

Edited by -Maddy- - 12 years ago
Relda thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have no problem with anyone picking a celeb apart for not conforming to the "standards' of beauty. My only issue is the terrible double standards (not only in Bollywood but everywhere else too) of targetting aging actresses for losing their looks but keeping studied silence about the aging actors.
So, to take the Cummer ya kamra analogy for our aging actors:

Saif - Hairline ya vanishing Amazonian rainforest
Salman - Pectoral muscles ya mammary glands
SRK - Face ya crumbling ice sculpture
Aamir - Smile ya Plaster of Paris mould
Akshay - Teeth ya rottting apple seeds.
This content was originally posted by: Gobsmacked

What I have a problem with is the language,
not just specifically used against Ash but also other South indians. That was extremely offensive.

I don't find anything offensive in that and yes, I'm part South Indian (Keralite). It's a common notion that South Indians are on the heavier side hence the comment. I wouldn't take a fashion scandal writer's comments and captions seriously. He uses crude language in general.

And stereotypes are so ingrained in our society that it's difficult to completely obliterate it. All of us at some point have used it in some context. Just this morning I read a post where someone mentioned Asin has Dravidian features and I'm wondering what's a Dravidian feature, I've no clue. Indians are a mixed-race and I don't believe in fabricated invasion theory. But then I'm clueless about so many things. Maybe they are right with their stereotypes. Just ignore and move on.