Maryada
Maryada

Maryada&homo***uality

singhkir89 Senior Member
singhkir89
singhkir89

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Im not liking how Maryada is viewing the topic of homosexuality in its show

Obviously in the future Vidya and Gaurav will eventually find love but what is it telling viewers that being Gay is just a phase? a problem that can be easily fixed?

I understand that this topic is not excepted in our society but i feel as though families who have loved ones who are gay will think that its some psychological problem when its not.

It seems very ignorant how homosexuality is being portrayed in this show. 

Example: Devyani knows about her son's preference and doesn't want to be effected by societies stigma as well as his Father's position as SSP. Forcing him to marry a woman is giving her hope that gaurav will change from Gay to Straight..( she thinks its just a phase! it can be easily fixed, like forcing them to consummate)

Studies say that most people (especially males) have had some homo***ual experience in their lifetime, mostly during adolescence. I don't know if I would necessarily categorize it as "homosexuality", only because there usually is little or no actual attraction involved

Edited by singhkir89 - 12 May 2011 at 5:14pm

lld89 Groupbie
lld89
lld89

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
I think Devyani is so intent on saving her family's reputation that she didn't even consider her son's feelings, even though she claims to love him so much. I don't think the writers are trying to claim that a person's sexual orientation can be changed. I think they're just showing reality...a parent really, truly wishing that their child wasn't gay (since its looked down upon in India so much). Hopefully if this really does turn to be the case, that Gaurav really is gay, that they show everyone slowly coming to terms with it. Maybe it will start with Vidya accepting it first and helping him come out to the rest of his family? Who knows. All we've seen so far isn't enough to judge the show on how they are treating the issue. But great point to bring up!
charu_1023 Senior Member
charu_1023
charu_1023

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 12:51am | IP Logged
I agree with lld89...maybe Devyani's too concerned about her family and doesn't understand her son's problem...they're not trying to show that it's a phase.
Sexual orientation is an individual choice and it needs to be respected. It's definitely not a phase. I support homosexuals and their freedom of expression/choice.
But personally, sometimes I do feel that it goes against the laws of nature. Men and women were meant to be together right? At least as companions. It's because of one's mind, heart, and sociological set up that one experiences these feelings.
But then again, we see so many people in the Indian society and overseas hiding their orientation, living heterosexual lives and having families because of societal pressure. So I could be wrong.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Fun

Nihal_luver Groupbie
Nihal_luver
Nihal_luver

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
What if Gaurav and Vidya don't end up together at the end.. would be more of an realistic end though we all wanna see them together.
charu_1023 Senior Member
charu_1023
charu_1023

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 2:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nihal_luver

What if Gaurav and Vidya don't end up together at the end.. would be more of an realistic end though we all wanna see them together.

Yup...although it's sad I think they won't end up together, neither will they separate. I think Vidya will hold her silence to keep the family's honour for a long time before the truth comes out.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ames

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index