Misits thoughts...12th May 2011 - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by sushmavina

Thx a lot for ur views

You are welcome sushmavina.
Originally posted by chalhov

Thanks Misti for ur comments and all have expressed other thoughts on Dev yesterday last scene and today's 1st scene. Virat BB GB Padma .

You are welcome.

Padma is more interested in proving to Radhika that she is no one in the family and is jealous of her

I think Padma also has a jealous streak as she is seeing CB getting all the attention from BB and all including Rohan wheras she has to struggle for it all through her life and she is taking out her weakness on Radhika. When everything was going wrong she did not dare to put her foot down and say firmly to her son and BB no marriage but now ranting and screeching at Radhika at the drop of the hat finding ways of picking on her. I am sure that tomorrow Radhika will walk towards Dev and she will think she is going to put in Rohan's plate and will start screeching and then Radhika will put the halwa  in Dev's plate 1st.πŸ˜‰
Padma does have big unresolved issues and she is dumping them on someone whom she perceives as being weak, but who is not. I think Radhika has got an inkling as o what is really bugging Padma because whenever she opens her mouth she only tries to reassure her that she does not  want to hurt her feelings...whereas badibahu starts throwing her weight around without actually listening to Padma...badi bahu does say that all this is not Radhikas fault and then starts on whatever I say is right and that makes Padma more defensive. Even Amba realised the problem and she said that it will be better if they ask Padma regarding using the kitchen...it was a means of letting Padma know that her feelings are of value.

Liked Dev and the change of expressions on his face while he was listening to Radhikas song'..first he was mesmerized but the line that mentioned that no one knows what our relationship is and I am Radha to your kanha'''made him realize and his expression changed

I liked that scene and was πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† the way he ran away from there when he heard that line.
Yeh he realised that he is in dangerous water and left...otherwise again Radhika would have given her sweet smile.

Liked the Mansaram, Shanti and Chanda conversation today when Chanda's big mouth lets the secret out and Mansaram catches them. Shanti was refused today by the badi bahu but she is not a person to sit quietly regarding Dev.

waiting to see Ashanti's next move πŸ˜†
Yes...

Like the episode but yesterday was better
For me it was the discontinuity  at the beginning of the episode that did not make it a complete episode.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
Originally posted by misti73

Misti,  I am writing these comments for the third time now.  I lost them two times because somehow I pressed the wrong key.  Anyway, this time I will be brief as I wrote so much last two times and now I just don't feel like typing again.

Today while watching the show the following dialogue from Shakespeares Hamlet came into my mind''''..that Denmark is "an unweeded garden" of "things rank and gross in nature" (Act 1, scene 2). Hamlet was the prince of Denmark. Anyway not saying that chunnu munnus writing is anyway near Shakespeare's, 
Glad you clarified this.  Chunnu munnu comparing themselves to Shakespeare is one thing as we know their delusional tendencies, but if you do it ...(not that you have done it yet).πŸ˜†

just that this dialogue came into my mind seeing the ego trip of both badi bahu and Padma. Both are now competing regarding restricting people's access to God's blessings for the same reason'''ego. Badi bahu wants to show that although she has allowed Radhika to do pooja but no one can take arti from her because she does not want anyone to think that anything is less than her wishes'''.and that also includes God. Same with Padma, who is more brilliant in this respect, she believes in horoscope, omens and is supposed to be a God fearing person but is stopping her son's access s to God's blessing. Padma is more interested in proving to Radhika that she is no one in the family and is jealous of her. Badi bahus husband did not exactly refuse''.he blessed her but then walked off. Liked Radhika saying that she is not forcing anyone to do pooja, good if people want to take apart then it is on them whether they will go against badi bahu or not. If others come in spite of badi bahus wishes then that will be Radhikas victory'''As expected the badi bahu freaked out when Radhika said that Kanha will get dadaiji well and she rushed to take back her rights on her FIL. IF Radhika uses her brain, which I know she has, this should be an indication for her that she will have to use other means to take care of this problem. The dynamics of these two bahus were open in front of Radhika.

Padma and Maheswari are both self-centered selfish egotist women who clash when one's interests threatens other's and get together when the interests are same.  So this current Padma is more like the pre-leap Padma who could be sharp with Maheswari but was totally quiet when Dev was mistreated.  She turned against Dev in a minute without considering that if Radhika wrote that letter, then it implied that Dev was sacrificing his love for Rohan.  Now she is doing the same to Radhika.  Before marriage she was all sweet to her and now she is vicious towards her.  Tomorrow she would again turn against Dev when the truth comes out and would be beseeching Radhika to accept Rohan. If only they would still show some monologues from her as to why she kept quiet all these years.

But Radhika profiting from the clash of all these cats and bulls is good as she has nobody on her side.  To me this is more in line with Kanha's leela than him directly intervening in each ritual.  Radhika can handle them on her own.
Out of all the people in this world it is still Mansaram who knows Radhika the best'''he understood from her tone that something is not right. Mansaram and Radhika relationship is one of the freamworks on which the show is built and I sincerely hope that the creatives do not spoil this. This poor illiterate man is always ready to stand beside his daughter and to trust her belief. Radhikas inner strength and confidence comes from this man's unconditional love. I know she is trying to protect his feelings and that's why she is not telling him about KK because she knows that her father will be shattered that he did not pick up on her behavior. Mansaram's family is a refreshing change from the purohits for me''..very real characters'''.from a empty headed sister who is obsessed about marriage, a good hearted but money minded brother who is ready to help his family members but also wants to look out for opportunities for himself, the abrasive but practical mother in Shanti who tries her best to not let her husband know what she is upto but her husband catches her out. Liked the Mansaram, Shanti and Chanda conversation today when Chanda's big mouth lets the secret out and Mansaram catches them. Shanti was refused today by the badi bahu but she is not a person to sit quietly regarding Dev.

Yes to all this.  Mansa and Radhika's relationship is very beautiful.  She only wanted to talk to him even though she asked about other family members.  But she was so hurt inside that she wanted to talk to this father who offers her unconditional love.  Similarly, Mansa was mainly concerned about Radhika's emotional well-being.  Hope they keep it same and not destroy it as they destroyed Shastriji's character in the second year in CB1.  As far as Shanti is concerned, she would now get an idea about Maheswari's motives and take some actions that would in future may expose Maheswari to Dev (assuming that they keep the script interesting).

Liked Dev and the change of expressions on his face while he was listening to Radhikas song'..first he was mesmerized but the line that mentioned that no one knows what our relationship is and I am Radha to your kanha'''made him realize and his expression changed''..
Except for the beginning, found Dev more realistic today.  There was softening on his part when he saw his Dadaji enjoying the Bhajan and his eyes flickering to Kanha murti was good.  I too like the use of this song.  At the temple, they used the song not only to convey Radhika's happiness at finding KK, but also Dev realizing that Radhika loved him and didn't want to marry Rohan.

Also liked the touches of reality like the conversation between Virath and Mohini regarding who will get up to switch off the singing...and Virats grumpy remark regarding Kumbhakaran...Mohini refusing and Virat telling her off and then grumbling'Liked the dynamics between these two''
Virat was hilarious with his grumbling and Mohini was amusing because her sleep came first for her.  I have family members for whom sleep is the priority and they will not wake up for anything trivial.

Rohan running and then pulling up his pants as kids do and then trying to calm his mother down that he took  the blessing because Radhika offered him'.I think Pari is going to be Rohans petname for Radhika.
I like this petname "Pari".  It suits Radhika and suits kid Rohan calling Radhika that as Rohan likes pretty things.  Radhika is this pretty object for him and he really wants her to become his friend.  Radhika's interaction with him was also good because now Rohan is a kid to her and so her previously detached feelings (and also her barely able to tolerate him reaction) have changed to feelings that one has towards a child.  She is going to become Mommy Phuljhari soon.

A good episode ''the drama was there but light moments were there too..Liked the use of the same song to depict the many moods of Radhika...from thinking about kk, anticipation of KK, happiness after finding him and today a serene calmness and liked that Dev's eyes were constantly going to the small metallic Kanhas idol, the significance of which is known to him and Radhikas family members only. 

Yes, liked Dev's reactions.  Also it seems tomorrow your scenario may come true.  They were showing Radhika going towards Dev with a bowl and he was looking apprehensive as this would prove Radhika's point once more.  All the rituals are being completed with him.  Since they talked about pag-pheras, I guess that is coming next week and of course Dev would be sent to fetch her back as Rohan is indisposed.

Liked badi bahu with no make up'.if she can sleep without makeup then why can't Mohini'.or is she planning to enter some beauty contest in her sleep. 

Yes, can not understand why can't they show more natural setting in bed.  Maheswari actually looked better today than any other day.  It is so unrealistic to show women sleeping with their jewelry, makeup and heavy sarees.  If people wear them to bed in real life, they would never be able to sleep with that stuff.

Anyway liked all the actors,'.whatever dialogues they were given, all justified them.

Yes, today dialogues were good.  Also liking the fact that they are not showing Mohini indulging in petty schemes but instead using her sweet syrupy tone to score her points.  It is another thing that her barbs are to Radhika are actually relief to Radhika as she doesn't want to be in Rohan's room or feed him first.
Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Misti,

This week is more or less some light episodes without missing out on the opportunity to set the stage for the next track.
Yes.

further to what I had mentioned in your thread y'day, where does radhika stand when the Will is read or unread as the case maybe, ---one dialogue of Padma almost gave me the answer---I think she told BB, you will come to know shortly what harm comes your way if you support the wrong person?  So he is going to be revealed, whose intentions are going to come out, Dev knows lot more than Padma what his reactions are going to be,?  Is Radhika going to be introuble, will she be sent on phag-phere and made to stay there till Rohan becomes alright, will this make Dev to think differently?
Looking at the way Dev is behaving, change in him might come if he is jolted from his stupor...and that might mean something happening that will ultimately make him think. Radhika is pushing but Dev might take it as her trying to get him and being stubborn about it...whereas if it becomes big then he might be forced to think that he is not that innocent...he does have a role to play...that accident happened due to Rohans carelessness,,,,,,,,Radhika was forced to say a part of the truth and that lead to this...but all this could have been avoided if Dev had been open about it..he was been given chances which he kept on avoiding. He also had the choice of telling everyone that Radhika is not the wife of Rohan...but he is still keeping quiet...so again he also has a part to play in this situation (I am keeping Radhika aside)...so hopefully he will be shown to realise all this, that him trying to sacrifice someone for his duties might have resulted in all this. But I don't know how much they will show because usually the leads are made mahaan when here both of them are not mahaan, they are very human. 

Mansa-Radhika relationship is beautifuly done.  I liked Shanthi's expression when BB casually told her to proceed with Chanda's marriage if she finds another alliance.  So shanthi will realise very soon that she has been taken for  a royal ride.
Yes and she is bound to retaliate...

Very interesting stage with the Will story and the phag-phere rasam.

Thanks for your thoughts and enjoyed reading as usual. 
You are welcome.

Thanks Misti for beautiful words in there

Neerja I did not mention anything about Dev being an orphan and that's why he is sacrificing...I just said that he is in this story for his family and in real life also there are loads of daughters and sons who do this. My reference point was the sacrifice and not whether one is adopted or not. If Dev was the real son depending on how he was brought up he would also have sacrificed. ...and they are not only common in business community in the North of India but they are common all over India and in all stratas of the society. 
Originally posted by why6

Glad you clarified this.  Chunnu munnu comparing themselves to Shakespeare is one thing as we know their delusional tendencies, but if you do it ...(not that you have done it yet).πŸ˜†
😳 Don't worry Chunnu munnu will bring some reference to Shakespeare in their dialogue...maybe they will use Mohini for this.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Padma and Maheswari are both self-centered selfish egotist women who clash when one's interests threatens other's and get together when the interests are same.  So this current Padma is more like the pre-leap Padma who could be sharp with Maheswari but was totally quiet when Dev was mistreated.  She turned against Dev in a minute without considering that if Radhika wrote that letter, then it implied that Dev was sacrificing his love for Rohan.  Now she is doing the same to Radhika.  Before marriage she was all sweet to her and now she is vicious towards her.  Tomorrow she would again turn against Dev when the truth comes out and would be beseeching Radhika to accept Rohan. If only they would still show some monologues from her as to why she kept quiet all these years.

Angie why ask for something that they are not going to show?

But Radhika profiting from the clash of all these cats and bulls is good as she has nobody on her side.  To me this is more in line with Kanha's leela than him directly intervening in each ritual.  Radhika can handle them on her own.
Yes, it is...wanted a cat fight...and my cadidates were either Padma and badi bahu or Shanti and badi bahu. Now anoher combination is Mohini and badi bahu. 😍Thats the way Radhika will get her stuff done.

Yes to all this.  Mansa and Radhika's relationship is very beautiful.  She only wanted to talk to him even though she asked about other family members.  But she was so hurt inside that she wanted to talk to this father who offers her unconditional love.  Similarly, Mansa was mainly concerned about Radhika's emotional well-being.  Hope they keep it same and not destroy it as they destroyed Shastriji's character in the second year in CB1. Yes..no words are needed between this father and daughter...like it.

As far as Shanti is concerned, she would now get an idea about Maheswari's motives and take some actions that would in future may expose Maheswari to Dev (assuming that they keep the script interesting).
Lets see what she does...I am always interested in Shanti...perfect combination of excellent characterisation matched with very good acting.

Except for the beginning, found Dev more realistic today.  There was softening on his part when he saw his Dadaji enjoying the Bhajan and his eyes flickering to Kanha murti was good.  I too like the use of this song.  At the temple, they used the song not only to convey Radhika's happiness at finding KK, but also Dev realizing that Radhika loved him and didn't want to marry Rohan.
Yes...the next phase might be Radhika sad and singing the same song. They are using the song to depict different phases in her life.

Virat was hilarious with his grumbling and Mohini was amusing because her sleep came first for her.  I have family members for whom sleep is the priority and they will not wake up for anything trivial.
Oh I am one of them...dislike waking up in the morning and I am very grumpy too..it takes time for me to get over the grumpyness.😳  
I like this petname "Pari".  It suits Radhika and suits kid Rohan calling Radhika that as Rohan likes pretty things.  Radhika is this pretty object for him and he really wants her to become his friend.  Radhika's interaction with him was also good because now Rohan is a kid to her and so her previously detached feelings (and also her barely able to tolerate him reaction) have changed to feelings that one has towards a child.  She is going to become Mommy Phuljhari soon.
Yes...but my all time favourite reaction of Radhika towards Rohan was when she thought for a second that he is her KK...she was horrified and would have given up all her beliefs if Rohan was KK and not Dev.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  

Yes, can not understand why can't they show more natural setting in bed.  Maheswari actually looked better today than any other day.  It is so unrealistic to show women sleeping with their jewelry, makeup and heavy sarees.  If people wear them to bed in real life, they would never be able to sleep with that stuff.

Maheshwari was looking much better without makeup...she is pretty so does not require that much makeup.

Yes, today dialogues were good.  Also liking the fact that they are not showing Mohini indulging in petty schemes but instead using her sweet syrupy tone to score her points.  It is another thing that her barbs are to Radhika are actually relief to Radhika as she doesn't want to be in Rohan's room or feed him first.
Yes and the other thing that no one picked up on in that house that Radhika is refering to the different people in the household as Dev refers to them. She did not call Padma as sasu ma or ma but choti ma...
Originally posted by zorinatm

Thanks Misti for beautiful words in there
You are welcome zorinatm.

😳 Don't worry Chunnu munnu will bring some reference to Shakespeare in their dialogue...maybe they will use Mohini for this.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
🀣  So true.Chachu did in CB1 and Mohini is the perfect candidate for this dialogue.
Angie why ask for something that they are not going to show?

True.  But I also forgot my own resolution of not doing any analysis.  I am back to it as you can see.
Yes, it is...wanted a cat fight...and my cadidates were either Padma and badi bahu or Shanti and badi bahu. Now anoher combination is Mohini and badi bahu. 😍Thats the way Radhika will get her stuff done.
 πŸ‘  Yes,  Mohini and BB are perfect candidates for cat fight.  It will more than likely happen when Mohini realizes that she is not going to be Mrs. RP.   
Yes...the next phase might be Radhika sad and singing the same song. They are using the song to depict different phases in her life.
Yes, one thing I have to say about DJs is that they do come up with good songs.  If only they would start treating their products and audience with respect. But again no use saying this again and again.
Yes...but my all time favourite reaction of Radhika towards Rohan was when she thought for a second that he is her KK...she was horrified and would have given up all her beliefs if Rohan was KK and not Dev.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†  

Yeah, that was the best reaction.  Before that she was totally ignoring him.  But as soon as he told her about being picked up for KK,  she looked so horrified and chased him until he told her the truth.  Rohan looked so pleased because he thought that she was interested in talking to him.  If only he had seen her face after telling this.

Yes and the other thing that no one picked up on in that house that Radhika is refering to the different people in the household as Dev refers to them. She did not call Padma as sasu ma or ma but choti ma...
I noticed it yesterday, but everyone else is oblivious to it.  Also, when she was trying to make Padma understand that she is aware of her feelings,  Padma did not pick up on the fact that Radhika refers to Rohan and his injury in a very impersonal way.  She cares that Rohan is hurt but it is compassion from an outsider's point of view and is not a reaction of a wife.
Musti - It would have been nice if CM showed Radhika with sindoor box in hand, in the process of applying, then she hears the noise and runs to the window and applys sindoor with Dev watching her.

I'm surprised she didn't think of applying sindoor after waiting 12 long years.

Good to see characters dressed appropriately in night attire without heavy jewellry, makeup, and the clothes they had on all
day.

Bolo bhalla's constant taunts help Radhika think. Maybe her taunts about her MIL being the only one giving medication to Dadaji will help Radhika realise that something is not right.
Bolo bhalla might even open her big mouth and say something to Dev about Viraat being the next Raj Purohit.

Wonder if baby Rohan will grab the halwa out of Radhika's hand, Padma scolds him, he tells her he's only going to feed Dev and Dev in the meanwhile is not aware of anybody but Radhika, will be pleasantly/unpleasantly surprised, when Baby Rohan shoves the halwa in his mouth.

Wonder if daima heard the conversation between mother and son.