Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina confirms Yash Chopra's next with SRK

Posted: 12 years ago

Katrina, Imran & crew had big wrap up party for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan 

By Subhash K. Jha, May 12, 2011 - 11:11 IST

Katrina Kaif has discovered a new friend to party with. She feels extremely comfortable with Imran Khan as a pal and co-star and as ideal husband to his wife Avantika. Last week, Katrina partied till the wee hours on Thursday night with Imran before driving straight from the party to the airport in the next morning to catch a flight to Bangkok.

Says a source close to Katrina, "Katrina is in a space where she's content being on her own, because she has two back-to-back Yash Raj Films to shoot this year. The last thing she wants is any distraction. On Thursday night when Ranbir threw open his bungalow for his friends for a party, Katrina was hurriedly wrapping up the last day's shoot for Mere Brother Ki Dulhan."

Very late into the night when the last shot was done Imran and the director decided on an impromptu wrap-up party.

Says the source, "Katrina begged off since she had an early-morning flight to catch for Bangkok to shoot an ad. But when Imran insisted, Katrina didn't want to be a party-pooper. What was meant to be just a brief wrap-up party went on till the morning. Katrina had no time to go home. She drove straight to the airport to catch her flight to Bangkok."

Yawning unabashedly in Bangkok on Friday morning, Katrina said, "Yes we did a have a wrap-up party. We had a super-time. Mere Brother Ki Dulhan has been one of the most fun films I've shot. Me, Imran, Ali Zafar, the director Ali Abbas Zafar everyone was like one a big family. So when they suggested a wrap-up celebration, I couldn't resist it."

When asked why she skipped Ranbir's party, Katrina shoots back. "When I was having so much with my Mere Brother ... crew why would I want to be anywhere else for a party? I am at a stage in my career where I've to find the fun zone within my work schedule."

Interestingly, Katrina goes into two back-to-back Yash Raj films this year. First Kabir Khan's Ek Tha Tiger with Salman and then Yash Chopra's directorial venture with Shah Rukh Khan.

"You're forgetting, I've just completed another Yash Raj Film Mere Brother Ki Dulhan. So its three Yash Raj films in a row for me. This year is devoted to them," Katrina quips.

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/features/2011/05/12/7442/index.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yay MBKD is completed, and so happy katrina, imran, and the alis all of them get a long so well. The movie looks very interesting can't wait for it.

And finally she confirmed, that she is doing Yash Chopra's next with SRK. wow they are coming together for the first time in their careers, this is going to be an interesting pair lets see how they will look.

Proud of Katrina to get a movie with SRK on her own, without praising him to the skies and without acting fake towards him. She worked hard and she became a big star and he became interested in working with her too.

So this year she is doing ZNMD and YRF's movies, she just completed one YRF with one khan, then she will soon start shooting for Kabir's next and after that Yash Copra's next with king khan and next year is a year with Dharma productions = Ayan's next(ranbir & katrina☺️) and Tarun's next.

I am the most excited for ZNMD, MBKD, YC's next and Ayan's next 👏
Edited by -Crystal- - 12 years ago
kash4life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
^ Is Ayan's next with Ranbir and Katrina actually happening?!

I thought Katrina was replaced and Deepika was the lead...and then Deepika was replaced with some newcomer to be cast 😆

If it is though...Eeeks I can't wait RanKat ☺️

Even better than getting the fim with SRK, is the fact that Yash Chopra is directing it, which means it wil be one HECK of a lovestory! Not huge on SRK-Kat, but if he can recreate VZ magic, I can't wait!
Yes ranbir & katrina is doing ayan's next, I can't say anything more about that right now expect for the reason, that they were spotted in ranbirs car and restraurants was because of that they are doing ayan's next.

yes I am so excited that YC is directing it hope its something exceptional and very interesting.
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG OMG OMG I am sooo happy!!! YAY finally Katty confirmed!!! I'm still unsure about the SRK-Kat pair but I am SO HAPPY THAT YASH JI IS DIRECTING!!!! This will be CLASSIC!!!! Thansk Crystal!!! You must be SO happy now!!!

Ouuu and look Katty is giving competition to Bebo :P At least I can trust Katty to not promote it everywhere😆

yeah I agree Crysi. I also like that she did no kissing up like other actresses :/
mariasrk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wohooo Yay!!🥳
Can't wait for SRKat together☺️
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Holy sweet peaches!!!!!!!! OMG!!! This is truly happening...YAY!!! Katty's got a great role...and it's def gonna much meatier...Katty-SRK...YIPPPEEE!!!!!!!!
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^YES!! Another thing is that her role will be actually GOOD!!!! I hope the role is something great like New York or Raajneeti!!!
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
^bacha...it's Chocolate cake and white wine time...bring out the balloons and confetti too!!!! 
ladygaga thumbnail
I haven't seen any confirmation from SRK!! But Kat would be lucky.. if Yash ji directs her himself... the last actresses he directed were Preity and Rani... So YRF are trying to come back with a bang... Dhoom 3 with aamir, Yash chopra & Srk, Salman in YRF... they are working with all 3 khans...and Imran also... if all these movies work.. then they are going to be back in their old form!