Fans want me to educate Gopi:Kokila

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Kokila: Fans want me to educate Gopi

Kavita Awaasthi  /Hill Road Media

A strong presence, a warm personality and a powerhouse talent, Rupal Patel came into limelight with her super hit show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya. This NSD graduate cherishes her role, enjoys producing children's theatre and dishing relationship advice. Check out the real person behind the phenomenal Kokila.
Showing 1 of 5 images Previous    Next
Rupal Patel

Why do you think Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is so loved by the audiences?
Before I answer, I would like to thank the audiences for their love and support to our show. They are the reason we are number one and I am full of gratitude for the same. As for why Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is popular, I think it is the newness in the saas-bahu relationship shown in the serial that endears Saathiya.

Kokila is righteous and stands up for justice. She never accepts any wrongdoings from anyone -be it her husband, jethani, son, daughter or bahu. Such a character has never been seen on Indian television which has made Saathiya popular

Rupal Patel

Who do you think should get the credit for Saathiya's success?
Hailing from theatre and being an actor, I say that no show, play or production is one man's job. So, the credit for the success goes to the entire team that has worked hard and continues to do so towards producing a great show. Star channel for such a new concept, the producers and writers for creating the characters Koki, Gopi etc. The creatives for bringing the characters alive from paper to the physical aspect. The makeup, lightmen, cameramen etc for all their efforts to ensure we look good on screen. And of course, the actors for performing the roles to the perfect T.

Rupal Patel

What do fans tell you when you meet them?
Fans that meet me claim they just love Koki and that she stands for the truth. Normally, though people might have choices to do the right thing, they chose the safer, easier path. Many old ladies have told me that the relationship shown in the show between saas and bahu is unique and real. They tell their bahus to try to form such relations with their saas too.

It takes two to tango so both saas and bahu have to put in that effort to form a close bond. I believe if you really want and really try, a bahu can be a beti. Of late, people who meet me, ask me that though I am trying to bring Gopi and Aham closer, why have I not thought of educating the illiterate Gopi which will actually help her? I have passed the idea to my creatives and hope they take it up.

Rupal Patel

What do you admire and disapprove of in Koki?
I love Koki a lot as she is close to my heart. I enjoy performing her and delving into her psyche. She is a perfect person and has no flaws for me to disapprove of.

Tell us about your plays and company?
I run a theatre group called Panorama Art and have workshops for kids. We have been involved in children's theatre for a long time now. We manage to produce 3-4 plays a year with participation of over 40-45 kids.

Rupal Patel

Who do you admire among other tv actors today? What other shows do you watch or have heard a lot about?
I admire Surekha Sikri who is brilliant as dadisa in Balika Vadhu. I have never met her but I feel is super talented. I also like Meghna Malik who does a skillful job of playing Ammji in Naa Aana Is Des Meri Laado. Both of them are gifted actors and I have had the privilege to meet Meghna at few award shows but I am proud we all belong to NSD.

Rupal Patel

What does your family think of you as Koki?
I have dhai kilo ki family with me, my husband and son. My husband Radha Krishna Datta is also from NSD, an actor and runs our production company too. I think we are soul mates as we understand each other very well. We both manage to balance our work and home with great efficiency. When he is free he manages the theatre workshop and when I am free I do so.

My son is in the 9th standard and also helps us out. He enjoys being a responsible person in the theatre group managing things. When I began Saathiya, he felt my character would be negative and asked me so. But now that Kokila is popular he feels proud of me and the role as students in his class and their families always want to know more about me and meet me.

Rupal Patel

Who are you close to on the sets?
I am close to Gopi aka Jia and do get along with others on the sets too. But as I am required in most scenes, I try not to interact much. I hope people don't think of me as snooty or arrogant but I don't like losing the focus of the scene.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 May 2011 at 7:07am

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

merunniki_pnJkamranemeliadent4urgattuVarenyaKamalikaGbirju4babyarhi_78Chaudhrytm_Nancy_angelic8219hamzanuhasimran15samarp2ShellJAthejazzgal-Demi-atopAamnakideewaniAmbrosiasuk19Bobbi.MereMahiyaa.

shobi12500 IF-Rockerz
shobi12500
shobi12500

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
i want u to educate gopi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

suk19

angelic8219 IF-Dazzler
angelic8219
angelic8219

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:05am | IP Logged
I really hope that the Cvs take the suggestion of Koki educating Gopi on board.

Edited by angelic8219 - 12 May 2011 at 7:05am

suk19

suk19 IF-Sizzlerz
suk19
suk19

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:10am | IP Logged
plse educate Gopi n also kokila  i think you are perfect (not your fault your son is a Censoredn daughter what daughter)

thanks for the article
Bobbi. IF-Sizzlerz
Bobbi.
Bobbi.

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Great news Rupal aunty, if the CVs are kind enough to listen to the viewers, then I would love to see Gopi learning English.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

emeliasuk19

bharat9 IF-Dazzler
bharat9
bharat9

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged
hope for the best

suk19

atop IF-Rockerz
atop
atop

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Those were so nice answers by her and it's great that she has passed on the idea of educating Gopi to the creatives..
Hope they adhere by it and do progress towards this track too..
She is doing a fab job as Koki..Clap

Thanks for the article..

Luv atop

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

emeliasuk19

Aamnakideewani IF-Sizzlerz
Aamnakideewani
Aamnakideewani

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 7:27am | IP Logged
hey gud i hope now cvs will think about it

suk19