Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Avika Gor wants to be Miss Universe

Prerna Arora, Mumbai Mirror | May 12, 2011, 11.36am IST

TV's favourite young bahu speaks about Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan doing a cameo in her new show and her future plans of becoming Miss Universe

Avika Gor, with her soul-stirring performance as Anandi in Balika Vadhu, gave female-character-driven shoes a new lease of life. Before long, this expressive 13-year-old became TV's favourite bahu and her character became one of the most memorable in the TV industry. Now she is back as the TV buff Roli in Rashmi Sharma's Sasural Simar Kaa.

Excerpts from the interview:

You are one of the most successful actors on the small screen right now, despite your age. How has the experience been so far?
I feel great and it has been an excellent journey. I got to learn a lot from my seniors and also got a chance to show my talent. I learnt a lot about this field, it gave me an opportunity to hone my acting skills. While playing the character of Anandi I understood the minute details one has to pay attention while acting, it was important for me to understand my character emotionally. All in all it has been wonderful working in the TV industry.

In your new show Sasural Simar Ka, your character of Roli is very different from your previous work. How did you prepare for it?
My character of Roli is very different from Anandi. The latter is married at a young age so her character is of a housebound girl. Roli, on the other hand, is a character who is very bubbly. She likes watching TV and is always mimicking TV characters, I even got to mimic my Balika Vadhu co-stars so that was fun. To prepare myself for this character I started watching a lot of TV. I had to find out what serials are being aired on TV, what track they're on etc. It helped me build my character.

Shahrukh Khan is going to play a cameo in your soap. What can you tell us about it?
I am very excited. DDLJ is one of my favourite movies. But I can't yet reveal whether Roli will meet Shahrukh Khan or what his role will be. For that you will need to watch the show.

You are playing the role of Boman Irani's daughter in Tez. How did you bag the role and what is the role about?
In this movie my role isn't that big but I had fun on the sets with all my co-stars. I also enjoyed working with my director Priyadarshan; he really made me feel comfortable on the sets. As a movie-goer, I have enjoyed all his movies.

How do you manage your studies with your career?
Usually I attend my school in morning and start shooting in afternoon, but now as vacations are going on I have been shooting since morning itself.

Five top stars you would like to work with.
I want to work in a movie which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Aamir Khan and Shahrukh Khan; all in one!

What are your future plans?
I want to become Miss Universe and to achieve that goal I know I should prepare myself mentally as well as physically. I am already working on it. I exercise to maintain my body and concentrate on my studies. Other than that, I definitely want to do more Bollywood work.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HalkatJawaniJaysnehapatro

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Avika wants to be Miss Universe" in Sasural Simar Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

snehapatro

IF-Sizzlerz

snehapatro

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:41am | IP Logged
thanku armu for the article...waiting to watch srk in the show...Big smile

HalkatJawaniJay

IF-Dazzler

HalkatJawaniJay

Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article, she seems like a focused child...know what she wants and gives equal importance to her studies.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.