May 11th: Things I liked - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by JZephyr

The guitar strumming - if it can be called that - in the very beginning was so out of order, it was a bad start for me to the episode at such. Don't remind me...I was cringing so much and then I just hit the forward button... I am unable to fathom what the purpose of that bit was...that is the only way to show someone's excitement or happiness??? To show them like a 2 year old on a sugar high?

And then the waves in the air ... Showing Anant's high at Navya and his picnic approval should have been such a powerful sequence to show, but the makers have done a very unfortunate job. Really. I'd have liked some extremely hyper introspection instead, maybe a phone call... maybe just talking to teddies/guitars/wall pictures on the laptop - whatever! Perhaps even friend talks - Navya to Ritz/Appy and Anant to Ranbir... I duno, this sequence has tons of potential which has not been tapped for a moment!  
Instead, the OTT 'action reactions' have jut in, ruining the subtle flavor - whatever was left of it in general. It appears that they are unable to inject any maturity or sensitivity into the way they've dealt with this situation cuz apparently when you're "happy" and "in love", you HAVE to act like a 5 year old imbecile high on sugar or it's not asli true love...cross my heart and hope to die types🥱...all that was left was that they show Anant jumping up and down on his bed and giggling some more...that would have completed this perfect picture.

Apparently phone calls or mature conversations are beyond Anant's scope now...it's time to skip and bounce all over the place...they should hand him a pair of pom poms...for more HAPPY effect...since they are trying to show his "happiness' and all.

The part of Anant and Navya in the same building at adjacent doors was better - I also just liked the Anant rushing after a glimpse of Navya bit... but those were minor nothings as opposed to the remaining drag. And Shagun's overdose was just ... !!! Didn't get to watching the last scene with them at adjacent doors...will see if I can catch up later...the Sagun bit...lol...it was irritating but frankly nothing beats Anant's retarded behavior in this epi...this show has suddenly become majorly contrived and buffoonery filled.

Overall - sad, sad, and sad. I realize, bluntly now, that the aim was to drag the week's episodes and have the 'insinuated hug scene' put out at the rear Friday portion... but Like I said before, there's only so much one can cash in on viewer anticipation, before the latter turns to indifference. My excitement for any real action is already past. And even if some real good scenes/dialogs/actions salvage the last epi of the week some grace, it wont do anything to redeem the preceding absolutely! Ditto...in my case, it wasn't even great anticipation for the hug or anything like there is in the rest of the forum but I had hoped for some natural growth to the AN equation as they've been showing so nicely in the show otherwise...but now I don't have much hope...the makers of this show seem to have gone the path of OTT-ness and nonsensical juvenile crap full speed ahead.

Let's see... 

xx
JZee
Originally posted by madhu_sridhar

going by the new promo, what i feared would happen, has happened i guess...the creatives of the show are well on the way to making anant a lovey-dovey romeo..."pandrah minute stretching on like pandrah ghanta"...jesus christ...i really dont want anant talking stuff like this...definitely, not so early...LOL that bit may be a dream...but even if it's a dream...Anant is well on the path of becoming a cheesy trite lines spouting loveboy in reality anyways...

which brings me back to the question i've been repeating innumerable times for the past few days...how can he fall in love 'just like that'?? after all his talks of parwarish, traditions and yeah, arranged marriages...there are lots of missing links here... what did the cvs think ? that they can sustain the audience just by throwing random romantic scenes..Sure seems like it...I mean look at most reactions in the forum...it proves their point...everyone only wants to see the romantic new promo...who cares how Anant is behaving?😆.anyway, i'll get back 2 the plot later...

back to anant...as far as yesterday's epi goes, the guitar part was ok...i was able 2 manage that..

as for the hand waves thing that he did...i felt that they have stretched his hyper-activeness to such an extent that it looks more like goofiness now...it makes him look more like a comic piece This is beyond goofiness now...Goofy Anant was the one trying to literally put food in Navya's plate...bowing dramatically to her and calling her "Ma'am" all the time...Now he's just looking like a moron...a clownish, childish moron..please explain to me who the hell does waves like that while hanging out of an auto? Least of all the guy we saw in the beginning of this show...they expect us to believe that this is the same guy?? Right😆

...he does look cute when he's all pepped up oki...but off late i yearn for the old anant...strong, silent, no nonsense( he looked even more handsome at that time)...and the intensity of his character was really mind-blowing then...Doesn't seem like that Anant will surface anytime soon...it's "masti time" you see...Is Shaheer aware that he's not doing a DISNEY show anymore?😆 Up next is HIDE and SEEK at the picnic, right?? Remind me again if anyone in their life has played that beyond the age of 10...and these ppl are trying to pass off COLLEGE students as playing hide and seek?? Amazing😆

@red: u nailed it...i strongly suspect the creatives dint know how 2 script a love story keeping anant's principled character intact...ok, agreed that they had to loosen him up a bit...anant getting close with navya, exercising his 'haq' on her, getting angry with her...fine, acceptable and quite enjoyable too..but all this could have been depicted within the boundaries of friendship, atleast from anant's side...we did get glimpses of old anant this week, dint we...when he accused navya of being khudgarz and said sorry immediately, his talks wid baba about the picnic ( the parwarish dialogue especially)...that was just a small consolation though...

Yes it does seem like they have no clue how to loosen up a character SUBTLY...yes ofcourse Anant will change as he experiences these new feelings but change to the extent of behaving like a 5 year old high on sugar...that I find hard to digest...no, no matter how much "in love" you are, I don't think you'd behave that way...a personality doesn't overnight change to SUCH an extent. They were otherwise building things up subtly and naturally but I guess now they've hit the fast track button for them to move to the lovey dovey phase quicker.

from the bottom of my heart, i'm still hoping that this hug-kiss scene turns out to be navya's dream and that anant still thinks of navya as a friend...if not, well, love is in the air for sure then...what next? marriage at the age of 19? Even if Anant still thinks of Navya as a friend, his behavior has gotten way too retarded in general...how many other friends has he hung out the auto for and strummed a guitar "yessing" all over the place? And the way this show is going...won't be surprised with the early marriage funda either...since Anant seems quite cool with the idea of getting married off early...and then Navya will treat us to more of her eternally scared expressions as the BAHU of the Bajpai family...such joy😆

Originally posted by piya2025

Madhu, I don't see a way where the promo would turn up be Navya's dream...Yeah I strongly feel its goona happen in "real"
Like I had read someone's prediction seems its goona be s'thing like that only..
Still I hope to be prove wrong :S

But  If they are going to show  s'thng like that,well, Then I would say they should change the concept right now coz in a way they are showing today's kids (generation) feeling in a wrong way. There are people who does cheap things & there people like Anant n Navya too but Adults like Anant & Navya (The actual characterizations what we have seen in first few epis & in the promos) would never do s'thing
like this what they showed in the new promo, at least not this soon. Confession without realization is a big crap...& Realization in no time that is even worst...

Anyway hope we'll prove wrong & they will show some "real" stuff" out of this promo itself.

PS- Anant, such a drastic change in the guy's characterizations :S What kind of things he were doing last night seriously If a sensible girl sees all stuff she would rather give some "solid japer" to him. Falling is love toh dur ki baat..

@bold: LMAO...ditto😆😆

Waise I just read the new article...seems like the promo is not a dream at all...it's alll realll...ho gaya kalyaan...Instant 2 minute noodles wala LOWE CONFESSION...wooohooo😆
Originally posted by nureat01

@bold: LMAO...ditto😆😆

Waise I just read the new article...seems like the promo is not a dream at all...it's alll realll...ho gaya kalyaan...Instant 2 minute noodles wala LOWE CONFESSION...wooohooo😆

Which article, Nureat?
Originally posted by Abhi911

Which article, Nureat?

This one Abhi911...I'm surprised you haven't read it...it's on the first page:

Star Plus' new youth based show "Navya" is going through a very interesting phase these days. From past few weeks we have been getting to see Navya (Soumya Seth) and Anant (Shaheer Sheikh) getting closer day by day.

Both have developed a liking for each other but are still not clear if they too have fallen in the emotional pool, which people call as Love. As per the ongoing track their college is organizing a two day picnic. After few hindrances which came from the end of their respective families, Navya and Anant have finally got the permission to attend the picnic.

Sources close to the production house have revealed that this is the point where the creative team of the show wants Navya and Anant to confess their love for each other. Though this plot will definitely interest the fans of the show but if this happens it would be a major twist in the show. Both of them come from a family background where traditions and values matter a lot.

They belong to families, which are fully conservative and don't believe in friendship between a boy and a girl. Looking at this situation, one can imagine that the show is certainly heading towards a high drama wherein the families might also get involve.

The most interesting thing here would be to see if the show will carry with the love track for some more time without any hindrance or it will get revealed instantly. However, as of now all must wait and watch how Navya and Anant come out with those three magical words for another.

This one Abhi911...I'm surprised you haven't read it...it's on the first page:

Star Plus' new youth based show "Navya" is going through a very interesting phase these days. From past few weeks we have been getting to see Navya (Soumya Seth) and Anant (Shaheer Sheikh) getting closer day by day.

Both have developed a liking for each other but are still not clear if they too have fallen in the emotional pool, which people call as Love. As per the ongoing track their college is organizing a two day picnic. After few hindrances which came from the end of their respective families, Navya and Anant have finally got the permission to attend the picnic.

Sources close to the production house have revealed that this is the point where the creative team of the show wants Navya and Anant to confess their love for each other. Though this plot will definitely interest the fans of the show but if this happens it would be a major twist in the show. Both of them come from a family background where traditions and values matter a lot.

They belong to families, which are fully conservative and don't believe in friendship between a boy and a girl. Looking at this situation, one can imagine that the show is certainly heading towards a high drama wherein the families might also get involve.

The most interesting thing here would be to see if the show will carry with the love track for some more time without any hindrance or it will get revealed instantly. However, as of now all must wait and watch how Navya and Anant come out with those three magical words for another.

Yep, you're right it's a 2 minutes Maggi noodles thing, but the real focus is to show how to handle this khichdi (or noodles in this case) after spilling it 😃

And we are so used to shows dragging on and on, that maybe this is why we are not being able to digest this early development. But the CV's are smart, they exploit our curiousity by spilling out the news, and then we sit watching even the dragged epis with skyrockrt expectations.

Originally posted by Abhi911

Yep, you're right it's a 2 minutes Maggi noodles thing, but the real focus is to show how to handle this khichdi (or noodles in this case) after spilling it 😃

And we are so used to shows dragging on and on, that maybe this is why we are not being able to digest this early development. But the CV's are smart, they exploit our curiousity by spilling out the news, and then we sit watching even the dragged epis with skyrockrt expectations.

Hmmm...I don't care whether something is dragged on or not as long as the actual material is shown with credibility...which I find sorely lacking in this show now...and I'm not one to be magically pacified with romance in any shape/form/size either so I guess there isn't much left for me to look forward to in this show...AN's USP imo used to be their natural interactions sweetly being built up in a gradual/genuine manner...if I had to watch a random love story with  trite, juvenile characters mouthing lame dialogues, there are enough shows on air showing that anyways...

Hmmm...I don't care whether something is dragged on or not as long as the actual material is shown with credibility...which I find sorely lacking in this show now...and I'm not one to be magically pacified with romance in any shape/form/size either so I guess there isn't much left for me to look forward to in this show...AN's USP imo used to be their natural interactions sweetly being built up in a gradual/genuine manner...if I had to watch a random love story with  trite, juvenile characters mouthing lame dialogues, there are enough shows on air showing that anyways...

True that. Lking the show or not is completely your prerogative.

Just dont stop your 'Things I liked' posts please, I love those 😃
Oh!Now Im sure the makers are coming to the forum,& reading all lovey dovey stuff:S

IF people should block the idea of celebs  /  PH visiting IF,How I wish,anyway.

So they actually think today's generation really have nothing better to do but falling in "love"  & I wonder,are we that useless? !..That means our generation who are single are "insane" as the article says"Though this plot will definitely interest the fans of the show but if this happens it would be a major twist in the show"/ If this's the major or biggest twist in the show". then its clear according to them our only agenda in life is "go to college"changes of some random eye-locks,Friendship karlo as some mahan atma said Friendship is the 1st step of love.Then Kabhi bhi building k samne aa jao,just to show how chipku a guy can be,Then picnic pe jao..magically hug each other,kiss karlo..Woha! Mummi we r in love Yayy!Woppi :O phir in true SP style SBS drama start.

Is this what they call "Reality"? Like seriously ? :( I was actually looking forward to this show, as somehow I was able to relate myself with Navya (Minus Anant & her too much of frightening nature) but seeing all these its really upsetting,this's not how I want to see myself,If i ever fall in love..& that guy *sigh* Now a days he's being exactly like those fellows whom I just cant stand..After his "picking Navya up" drama yesterday he got on my nerves.

Cant they show us What the "generation gap" actually is? How / why Parents & young generation dont understand each other POV? Can't they show us s'thing about commutation problem between Parents & kids.? Which actually can give us a view of what parents n we think,Exactly where we are being wrong ! with a simple love story of the actual character (which we have seen in the promo) of Navya & Anant.

I hope maker would do s'thing before the show lost it's actual content.
Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
@Piya it's just way too much we are asking for. lol  and ummm  we, who want to see something other than fantasized "love" stories, are a minority compared to majority who wish to see the lovey dovey unrealistic stuff.
They have COMPLETELY changed the characters and the story than those shown in original promos and well to some extent from the first week. Navya's getting slower and monotonous as she is shown "falling in love" while Anant has just lost it completely with his weirdo hyper acts.

and ummm what is the point of showing all the stereotypical cheesy stuff in the name of "LOWE"? Indian youth shows have a tendency to abuse this whole thing about "love." Once the leads "fall in love," they tend to loose their originality and become the same old GENERIC leads of any GENERIC love story show. 😳 How boring and unoriginal!