Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago
Good job Shabz! Pretty much everyone got done today!

Lol...I have realized that as much as I get older, the less fun I have during my breaks. I still have a few more days left before my summer session begins but I feel like I should be more productive and maybe figure out what I want to do...if not that, then I should at least volunteer or call up places to see if they need help...so don't want to get any more older...I can't even enjoy my break when I see all my other peers so dedicated during their breaks.
coming out : i love you e guys^^
LOL Shab...I don't really get a break. After exams (28th) I need to volunteer my time, around 30 hours a week minimum, for clinical. Then my RR at the end of June to end of July. Phir home and more clinical, with more assists as it'll be 3rd year. 3rd year...36 hours at a go...sigh...why did I grow up ji😭 lol

I agree Zainab...even when I supposedly have free time, I am only thinking ke how do I make myself more productive. Universities, learning institutions, make us into marketing products lol.

Hey eraser!  

Himani, I saw you somewhere...hi ji!

Awww Lily...I e love you too ji🤗

You guys have become my escape...even if I escape for an hour lol
Edited by ~*simran*~ - 12 years ago
Wow. All you girls are doing Medicine ?
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Hi Simran! :)

Oh my..that sounds crazy. Best of luck! :D
Choco...don't worry! You'll get there soon enough. =)
And thanks guys!

Zainuuu. I kinda agree with you. ðŸ˜† No summer sessions/classes for me. No wayyy jose! But yeah, I should be more productive. I may apply for a volunteering position at the local hospital.Maybe. At this moment, I just want to chill. My cousins and uncle were asking/advising me today about my plan's after college and it made me all nervous and whatnot. I'm not even halfway through my undergrad! But in a way I'm glad I had this whole talk with them...no harm in planning out your future and keeping your options open about majors and eventually, careers.

Whoa Simran, that all sounds so overwhelming! I cannot imagine the stress you are going through, but I'm sure you'll be fine! You can do it! Lots to good luck to you.  =)
I know for sure that I'll be in your position in about two years. =/
Edited by indn inn0cence - 12 years ago
Thanks Himani and Shabnam!

LOL Shabnam ji...what year are you in? The productivity syndrome, as we called it, sets in middle of third year ji. One day you wake up and go oh shit I need to do something with my life LOL.

If you plan to get into med school (or any grad program)...do volunteer. I don't mean in hospitals alone...go for holistic camps (if you have them)...wonderful experience, and a different world view. Become a parent counselor; where you help new parents settle in, and troubled families...wonderful bonding. Being out in the world is the one advantage that helps not only academically or in the workforce, but also helps you grow individually . Sigh, I'll shut up now  ji lol
Aww Simran, I am overwhelmed just reading how much of your time you have to dedicate. But it will all pay off in the end! Good luck, and as you said, this place is definitely our escape. Love it altogether! It sorta sucks growing up though. 😆

Hi Himani! Whachu been doing at school till June? That's way too long and it's getting way too hot as well. Lol, tell em to finish earlier...no one even tends to do anything by the end of the semester. I stopped going to classes after spring break...definitely not the best idea though. 😆

Shabz, I know whachu mean! It's always good to have options open but it can be nerve wrecking to plan you future out because everything in life is so circumstantial. Nonetheless it shouldn't hurt. Yea, it's just yo first yr...no need to rush and sign up for summer classes, I didn't either. I only plan to take summer school for five weeks, cuz I want to enjoy the latter half of my break too. One thing I hate about unpaid internships and volunteer work is that they give you so much attitude even when you want to dedicate your time and effort to their cause. I have been trying to reach my representative's office now for three days but I have gotten no response back...makes me so mad. lol. It's not that I am even asking for a job or a paid internship...I am willing to give some of my time to them yet they don't get back to me...it upsets me so much...but usually hospitals are good with that. They get back to you asap and I am guessing it's cuz they're well coordinated and have an efficient program for the dedicated volunteers.

Nope Shak...I aint doing medicine...sorta, kinda...but not really.
Edited by zainab25 - 12 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I feel like I need to do something over the summer..lol..3 months with nothing really planned except an anthro class..my mom lectures me daily on how I am gonna waste my time and need to do something productive over the summer  ðŸ˜†

Zainab, I knoww! June is too far away!! My uni starts end of September while everybody else starts in August..so we end after everyone else..I slacked off so much this quarter..no motivation to go to class..and ab bhukto b/c midterms are here again and finals will be here in a few weeks also..yikesss!!
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow Simran...that's some schedule. 😲

Hiya Shak & Zainu!