Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
awesome update!!
continue soon
thanks 4 the pm
stargurl34 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I absolutely adore the bond nupur shares with mayank. I loveee how they allow each other to be vulnerable towards each other because in love you have to open up to the opposite person so that they can fill the void in your life. I hope nupur soon realizes how irresistible mayank really is and gives in to her feelings. I feel like kinjal and aliya will welcome mayank with open arms and consider him to be the father figure they kept trying to look in Raj. Seriously, rak is suchhh a jerk ! He doesn't deserve nupur or her two little angels. Im deff looking forward to more mayur moments, both when they are alone and with the two girls. Continue as sooon as you can. Lovelyyy writing. Always a pleasure to read :)
- Kiran
binudamania thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
duper duper xcute...
thanx for sharin...
florine_20 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hey dear heard a lot abt ur ffs 4rm a frnd of mine.pls pm me whn u update nxt.gd nite
The Desperate Kingdom of Love.

There was just something about the women he was falling hard for, and he'd been the one to say love was not his calling. And now he couldn't think of anything but here. Was this how love felt? To be drawn towards one person constantly even though you could list thousands faults in that path. No wonder, it's been said love is blind, and for him it was figuratively and literally also, Nupur was a enigma where he thought of her to be this passionless women bent on nothing but fame and riches, she turned out to be completely opposite to his disliking. It was better when she was a woman after money, as a wounded heart, he simply had no defense against her. It was just so easy to hand her, his heart when he struck one look at her pale and expressionless face, the need to give and protect was so hard that it ached inside him.

And to know he was falling for her was not easy as much as it was not easy to see the hollowness in her eyes whenever she would look towards him. Love was never love if it wasn't two sided and he was beginning to think his love has a tragic fate written for it.

But he wouldn't give in so easily, an example of how love ruined all but nothing stood clearly in front of him, he knew what how love could be so dangerous as much as a fulfilling emotion. And even though he harbored such emotions within, he would never let it rule him. Never in his life would he be a weak because of his love, no he had seen what love had done to his mother. She had craved for one person her whole life and fate was so ruthless to steal him away from her.

So what if nupur was not meant for him? He loved her and it was enough, but in acceptable terms would he grovel or beg for love.

It just was not possible, he had sworn to him the day he had seen his mother die each day due to love, to never let himself become so weak due to one emotion. It simply was not acceptable.

The phone ran interrupting his thoughts, muttering to himself mayank picked up the receiver, '' Yes, Okay seat them in the boardroom I'll be there,'' pausing he added, '' also tell Miss Bhushan to join us''

Placing the receiver down, he ran his hands over his face, just what was this women up too? Due to her, he had almost forgotten about an important meeting.

But what was the point of ruing now; he was already tangled, even though he didn't want to be.

''please take a seat gentleman'' stiffening, as he entered the boardroom, Mayank struck a glance at nupur. He envied her, no thoughts scattered her mind about him, and here he was suffering each moment.

''shall we start?'' tempering with the projector Mayank took a seat at the back and started the presentation all the while his gazed came to nupur's but she never once looked at him. Damn the women, casting spells and sadly she had no idea of what she had done to him.

''I want the merger done by the end of next month'' when whispers floated the air, he coughed to get attention, '' yes its going to be difficult but I think we can make it work, after all we are known for our efficiency and also I believe that if we hit this target by the set date, we can set a new record which would be beneficial in the marketing area''

Nupur gazed around the room and twitched, standing up she cleared her throat and the room became silent, '' isn't business about taking risks?''

She smiled and struck a glance at mayank, '' of course some would say the word sensible should be attached to the risk, but a sensible risk is equivalent to a insensible risk. There just no telling you see, like life in business there will always be a loss but there will be gain also, We just have to be willing to take the risk what it will bring no one can foresee no matter how much we research, fathom the end result is something we can hope for''

Mayank intervened, '' exactly, as miss Bhushan pointed out, once in a while risks have to taken, for there is no gain or loss without them'' striking a glance around the room, he fixed his gaze on nupur, '' so gentleman are we will to take this risk?''

Confusion came and went, when nupur felt the question was more directed at her rather than the business associates. Was she just reading too much into simple words? If only if was simple as his words but a look into those eyes and she knew she didn't misread anything. The desire. She saw there creped above and about her defenses.

Ignoring her own feelings Nupur smiled when she heard the positive response around the room and gave a thumb up to mayank who smiled and blinked which meant he accepted her gesture.    

An hour later when mayank found his way into her cabin he found her hoarded under files and orders which explained why she didn't notice him entering, otherwise a women like her was unlikely to miss someone entering her territory. She looked so much at peace something he'd missed seeing on her and wondered why god always put the good ones to test? Maybe that's how the cycle worked good have to prove them while the bad got what they wanted? Strange! He'd have figured at least God himself would be all for equality.

Oh she had noticed him, how could she have not? His scent was everywhere driving her insane and making her feel nothing like herself. What was she too do; drooling over your boss was just not acceptable in her books. But silent dreaming was.

Clearing his throat, mayank waited for her to catch on but she didn't, '' I hope  I'm not interrupting''  Mayank spoke, Nupur flicked her gaze to his and wondered if he knew just what he was doing to her. He was making her want all over again, something she had sworn off after raj. Wanting always lead to needing and that only caused pain, and who knew better than herself.

''Why do people always say that even though they know they have interrupted ''

''I think it's to be polite'

Shrugging nupur grinned, '' a logic I never really understood''

''me neither'' mayank without a second. '' if only people were not cowards, and accept they were interrupting'' Nupur smiled and understood his underlying meaning to his words.

'' well I'm plead guilty to being a coward than''

Taking a seat, mayank brought up his leg and straightened up before looking at her, '' thank you.''

''for being a coward?''

Despite himself, his lip curved, '' no, thank you for what you said in the meeting..'' passing he watched her reaction, was this what attracted him towards her, Her comfortable nature with everyone, being able to toss away a nice gesture as if it didn't cost her a thing, '' its was nice and I want to thank you''

Eye leveled with him, nupur spoke, '' so Mr. Sharma do you always go around thanking your secretary's''

Catching on mayank smirked, '' only the hot ones '' stopping he starred, '' but in your case I made an acceptation''

''ahh – I'm humbled sir. I don't know what I can do to repay you'' joking around nupur laughed.

''have dinner with me?'' he'd said it without any thinking and now was regretting it watching the surprise and confusion on her face.

But what the heck, Life was about risks and he was about to take one, '' have dinner with me tomorrow?''

''Sure'' the words were out before she could back away which was her intention, '' pick me up at 7'' she added giving up and smiling. Her intuition was going to cost her but she wanted to know where this would lead. A thought that consumed a huge sum of her time and she just didn't have the energy to fight it off any longer.

'' Aunt Gunjan can I try on those sparkly'' kinjal pointed towards the glittering necklace resting on the dressing table, Gunjan smiled and nodded.

''how do I look?'' Nupur popped out of the washroom in a sleek black shoulder less dress that skimmed just below her knee, '' too teenagerish?''

Gunjan grasped for breath before she spoke, '' first I don't think teenagerish is a word!'' Nupur growled, '' and second you look ---''

'' Pretty'' aliya beat her, '' Mama you look like a princess''

''yeah like snow white'' kinjal added with her twinkling. Nupur smiled and walked over to them, '' mama is a prince going to kiss you tonight also. like in snow white?''

Aliya stiffened which obviously did not go unnoticed by nupur but she made a mental note to talk to aliya later, '' No honey, Prince don't exist in real life''

''Yes they do''

''No they don't, your still a baby Kinjal. Prince's are only for stories'' aliya spoke a bit too aggressively but she surely would not allow the thought that her mother could kiss another man other than her father could be accepted, because it simply was not.

''Yes they do, and the shre—'grinning, '' I mean Mr. Sharma is mama's Prince Charming'' twirling Kinjal smiled and kissed Nupur on the cheek, '' when he kisses you will feel butterflies in your stomach'' touched nupur stroked kinjal's cheek, there was so much innocence there and so much understanding, it saddened to realize just how much her baby had grown and how much she was turning out to be just like her.

''you said you didn't love Mr.Sharma'' it was too easy to accuse, so aliya pointed and scowled.'' Your  a cheat just like daddy, you lied''

Before aliya could run off, Nupur caught her, '' I did not lie, Mr. Sharma is only taking me to dinner to thank me, that's all ali'' stroking her hair she smiled, '' honey I would never lie to you''

'' I don't know what happens to me'' giving up aliya walked over to kinjal, '' I'm sorry'' Kinjal smiled and hugged her, '' its okay and your prince will come soon also'' Aliya smiled and shook her head.

Nupur caught Gunjan's eye and questioned, '' you look like a million bucks. The shrew is not being cut any slack tonight'' laughing Nupur hugged gunjan, '' I don't want to cut him any slack either'' with a glimmer in her eyes she smiled, '' its time for some payback''.

-------------------------------------------------------

hope you like it. :)

Edited by -Sajjal- - 12 years ago
Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i can understand aliya's actions. and i think nupur and mayanks gonna have a tough time convincing her.
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
love love LOVED it!...at the risk of sounding repetitive, i love your writing!...every single scene brought a smile to my face...whether its mayur's coded conversation or the sweet girls talking to nupur as she willingly goes to dinner with mayank...im so happy they're taking risks...without it, they wont be able to gain what clearly will make them the happiest...update soon...wanna see how nupur will get her payback 😉...naina