Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

The Internet is awash with information both useful and banal.  In a very real sense, the entire Internet is becoming (or rather is) one extremely large globally distributed and mostly public electronic library, post office and discussion forum alongside online dating.

Websites and chat rooms often post pics of smiling happy couples that met through them and are now "living hapily together" Smile

what do you think about these?  When you get to a chat room, what is your intention/motive?Embarrassed Can you meet a guy/girl online, date and later get married???Embarrassed

Do you think it is weird or cool?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Online Dating weird or cool??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
i think ineternet friendship and dating is temporary as u really cnt trust the person.... Tongue Tongue Tongue
but its cool..its fun....just a timepass... Tongue
u cnt b sure 100% sure abt friendship and dating on net.... Tongue Tongue

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

Online dating is very risky and not safe at all.

You never know the persons true intentions. I say it is better to meet somebody in person. It is safer and you know you are dealing with the real person. So if you go home later, you can take that person's email address and chat with them online, but you know them in person, which is good.

Also, what if you do meet an a wonderful, honest person, and you like them very much, but what if they live too far away? The chances in meeting in that case is hard, and could cause some heartbreak.

Just stick to looking for good girls/guys in parties or gatherings. Much less risky.

~Monica~

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:19pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hazelgirl

i think ineternet friendship and dating is temporary as u really cnt trust the person.... Tongue Tongue Tongue
but its cool..its fun....just a timepass... Tongue
u cnt b sure 100% sure abt friendship and dating on net.... Tongue Tongue

Why sharone any Experiance???Wink

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:28pm | IP Logged
many many many Tongue
last yr aftyer my boards when i had lots of time i used to chat...i made quite a few friends but now no contact with anyone....i even forgoy thier name Tongue

Willows

Willows

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

The Internet is awash with information both useful and banal.  In a very real sense, the entire Internet is becoming (or rather is) one extremely large globally distributed and mostly public electronic library, post office and discussion forum alongside online dating.

Websites and chat rooms often post pics of smiling happy couples that met through them and are now "living hapily together" Smile

what do you think about these?  When you get to a chat room, what is your intention/motive?Embarrassed Can you meet a guy/girl online, date and later get married???Embarrassed

Very interesting topic, i personally believe the virtual friendship is more for getting away from routine real life, to have some relaxation and to also to make virtual friends, as long as they are virtual friends i do not see any problem, however only when we try to get this virtuality into our flesh and blood the problems arise, for most of the times the testimonials as given on the net are not accurate,

Though at times the virtual friendship has indeed resulted in real friendship and also long term partnership and marriage, however the above cases are rare and majority of the online dating is just a temporary companionship.

However I also believe at times, if you are true and your intentions are fair, then virtual friendship can also become precious and long lasting.

Edited by Willows - 03 January 2006 at 10:43pm

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Willows

Originally posted by Believe

Very interesting topic, i personally believe the virtual friendship is more for getting away from routine real life, to have some relaxation and to also to make virtual friends, as long as they are virtual friends i do not see any problem, however only when we try to get this virtuality into our flesh and blood the problems arise, for most of the times the testimonials as given on the net are not accurate,

Though at times the virtual friendship has indeed resulted in real friendship and also long term partnership and marriage, however the above cases are rare and majority of the online dating is just a temporary companionship.

However I also believe at times, if you are true and your intentions are fair, then virtual friendship can also become precious and long lasting.

ClapClap

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 03 January 2006 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
online friendships are a good way to meet people from places and walks of life u normaly wouldnt ineract with. it s more fun if an element of mystery is maintained as we are not really going to meet these folks in real life but the friendships that are made are real enough ( i hope). but online dating is another thing altogether and fraught with a reasonable amount of risk.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top