Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Discussion thread - Week of 5/9/2011 - Page 12

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
A while back I saw Friday's episode on TV and there is something that I need to change from what I wrote earlier (some posts prior). 

After he lights his clothes and he says "Look your Abhigyaan is burning". She says - "Jal yeh nahin rahein hain, Jal aap rahein hain" = It is not the clothes that are burning, but you are burning.

I don't think there was any jealousy that she thinks he has. What I mean is I don't think she thinks he is jealous of Abhigyaan.

What she simply says is, you got all wrong (her-Abhi's relation) and you haven't understood correctly. Look at you how much hatred you have and it is not the clothes that are burning, you are burning with hatred.

That is when she later says that - You get everything wrong and you try to prove your wrong as right.

The irony is thursdays ( or was it wednesday's) episode, when she comes back crying after talking with Mahadevi, she is crying and she thought Mahadevi has misunderstood her relation with Abhi ... it hits her now it is not just Mahadevi who misunderstood, even her own husband has mis-understood. 

But I still think she hasn't realized that it is the very mention of Abhi's name by her is the cause of all this issue now. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I did not get the meaning of 'do kaudi ka kaam karti ho, apni izzat nahi karti, kam se kam meri izzat rakho'?
bee5 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Infofan

I did not get the meaning of 'do kaudi ka kaam karti ho, apni izzat nahi karti, kam se kam meri izzat rakho'?

Here is my try. 
Infofan, I will write what I thought, but based on how others write, you can take the way you seem more appropriate.

Do Kaudi Ka Kaam (Do= two, Kaudi=cents, Ka=its (worth), Kaam=job)
Apni Izzat Nahin Rakh Sakti (Apni=Your, Izzat=honor/image Nahin=no, Rakh=keep)
Kam-se-kam Meri Izzat Rakho (Kam-se-Kam= Atleast, Meri=my, Izzat=Honor/Image Rakho=Keep)

English of the above:
You do not do a job of 2-cents worth.
If you cannot keep your honor/image (in society), 
then atleast make sure you keep(make sure you do not bring down) my honor/image (in the society).

Meaning:
Since he thinks she still loves him, he is telling - you (currently) being my wife still love your ex, which would be such a shameful thing for the society to know. To top it, you are spying* on me behind my back, which no respectful wife should be doing when it is you who has sinned by still loving your ex. (Such acts will not only bring down your honor/image in the society, but it will bring down my honor/image too bcos you are now supposed to be my wife.)

*by spying he is referring to her watching him in the dance bar.

bee5 thumbnail
When she says - Why are you bringing him in between us?
and when he says - Why am I bringing him in between us? why shouldn't I, he has always been there between us and that is the reason why you want me to change into him. He seems to be stuck in your heart, that Abhigyaan Dixit. 

In that scene Guddu who has been so bitter with hatred just few seconds ago seems to be in so much pain and almost begging her. High pitched voice goes so low to a pleading tone.
And her expressions go from shock to sorry. I felt that though she understands that he has misunderstood, she starts to feel sorry for him when he seems to be hurt with the thought that she and Abhi were lovers.

When I saw the episode in TV, her expressions were so much more clearer. They both were so good performance wise!!!
edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ bee5- Good observation of the episode!  Speakin' of the lines you mentioned, here is part of of a topic I posted up titled "The pouring of Thoughts" which at present is located on the 2nd page of this forum.  Here, I get into what went on through my mind when Guddu said these lines to Runjhun.    

The lines that Guddu said to Runjhun- When Runjhun asked him why he is bringing Abhi in the middle, he replied to this question sayin' that he's not bringing Abhi in the middle & that he's always been there between them and will always stay there in between them. 

~ These lines really got to me.  Like I've said before, I feel like Guddu may have had at least a little crush on Runjhun (I'm mainly thinkin' of the show from both before & after her engagement ceremony but not including everything that happened on the show after the first time he touched her- this part of the show is a different deal).  Could these lines that he mentioned to Runjhun today while in his drunken state be referring to that time period?  Notice that I italicized the word always.  Did he just in a way confess that he has had feelings for her for a longer time- then as well as now when he said he's always been there between them? I know he's referring to a time after their marriage but is he referring to that time that I mentioned from their past as well?  I guess I will just stop right here with these lines he said to her yesterday because him having feelings for her at that time in their past, before they got married is still a question.  For those of u who haven't checked out the topic I posted, titled "The Mysteries of the Show- Part 1", I go into depth about how Guddu may have had at least a little bit of a crush on Runjhun, one of the things I did in this post was talk about examples of scenes on the show that showed this crush which well we don't know if it was even a crush in the first place.  Here's a link to this post,

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1643912   

Although whatever Guddu was sayin' about her molding him into Abhi is not true, I can see why he said this & I'm not gonna get into why I feel he said all this it never really crossed my mind that he could be thinking this until yesterday's episode when he told her this.  The writers gave us a surprise here.     

Edited by edabella - 12 years ago