Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer

Discussion thread - Week of 5/9/2011

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged
I loved today's episode...

Highlights:

I felt that Guddu appeared scared and conflicted about what is happening to him.

Runjhun started to depend on him so easily and expressing her emotions and inner turmiol - like crying, feeling hurt.

Runjhun made a mistake of mentioning Abhigyan in front of Guddu, who is losing his equilibrium and he was jolted back to reality.

Both their emotions are so well portrayed and edited, I was ecstatic.

Ok, so here I go...  my Master's thesis...

In the past few weeks, Guddu has become comfortable and complacent in his exixtence.  Runjhun has cajoled, cuddled and pushed him and because of the way he is starting to see Runjhun he has gone along with it, slowly and steadily.  It made sense in his current situation.  His once formed hatred changed to revenge, changed to need ($ for his Amma) and he, without thinking of consequences jumped into a marriage that he knew nothing about.  He HATED Runjhun and now he is seeing a side of her that leaves him awestruck, in a way.  There is a new respect for her, a certain camaraderie as well.  At one point before his marriage, in his revenge mode, he mentions to his buddies that he does not understand how Runjhun does not react and is so stoic.  Now he is starting to see her in a totally different light and in the process he has unwittingly subjected himself to introspection.  He is changing..

Guddu has known a certain life until now, where he is boss.  When things got difficult for Jabbo, Jabbo in his selfishness used choice words to descibe the changes in Guddu.  Jabbo in a way brought him back to reality as Guddu knew it just a few days ago.  Guddu does not give in to anyone.  So with the challenge back on the front burner, Guddu is contemplative.  He has feelings but he has self-preservation at his fingertips.

The conflict seen today is that he is resurrecting the old Guddu, but Runjhun has not disappeared yet - she is very much a presence in his life.  He knows her better and each time she is an underdog, his personality comes into action and he jumps up to "save" her.  He would do it for others - did it for Mahadevi too, knowing what Jabbo is all about!  But he is also not aware overtly that he has developed feelings for Runjhun - feelings he does not know or understand.  They are not like the love for his mother.  These feelings are coming from his "haq" (rights) as her husband - shouting Dharampatni, Runjhun SHUKLA!  He is attracted to her, he is willing to shield her from evil.  What are these feelings?

Then Runjhun mentions Abhigyan.  He is introspective on 2 fronts that he never considered Runjhun's feelings when he married her or broke up her engagement to Abhigyan.  Instrospection kicks in.  What will the outcome be?  He is confused and will act out until he reaches a conclusion of what he really wants - the life as he knew it or the life he has entered into with Runjhun, willingly, I might add.

Runjhun craves love and acceptance and only knows duty.  Runjhun is very malleable because that has been her existence.  She is doing her part as Guddu's wife as expected by Amma.  In the process she cared for him, understood him, and wanted to gentrify him so that he is not known as the topmost goon of Kannauj.

Today she was REALLY needy and who do you think she went to?  Guddu of course, and not Amma, because she knew he can act and get results.  He would understand where she is coming from.  She DEPENDS on him.  She does not realize overtly either that her feelings are changing  for him.  She was reminded about her existence by Mahadevi just like Jabbo did for Guddu.

She is hurt today and who does she seek solace from?  The one person she has settled into life comfortably and complacently with - Guddu - and he does not disappoint her.  He rolls up his sleeve and says who and I will "take care" of that person.  When she mentions Abhigyan, she is not mentioning him in a forlorn or wistful sort of way.  She says it matter-of-factly.  Little does she know that Guddu HAS changed and he ignored it once yesterday but mentioned again today, he will need to evaluate and assess all this in his current state of mind.  (We the viewers know all this but the characters don't.)

Both Guddu and Runjhun fell into a situation and tried to make the most of it - challenge or not.  But neither of them dealt with the terrible past that brought them to this juncture.  It was too traumatic for Runjhun and Guddu was hell-bent on getting his revenge.  Neither ever verbalized until now.  I would be terribly disappointed with the CVs if they did not bring this up.  My hats off to them for bringing in the parallels - Jabbo and Mahadevi - to explain away the conflicts.

CVs, please continue doing what you do best - tell us a story in your own way.  I have no beef at all!  I loved today's episode.

Please give me your thoughts.  I will not be hurt if you say I am wrong in any of this.  I am one of Bee's "Newcomers".  Please share...

Edited by gardes - 12 May 2011 at 7:58am

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

YSK79Brindha87K__SBonaiuzeeEcliPSe_2010rani2007shonu2chinky80edabellabhavni88rusha4003OmaRamdasssigridbee5InfofanAreYaar

Tilashini IF-Sizzlerz
Tilashini
Tilashini

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
ur posts are always awesome!! Thumbs Up

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gardes

bhavni88 IF-Dazzler
bhavni88
bhavni88

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged
yes loved the episode..

the flashbacks were all rightly placed..new viewers will get to understand the past history..

dialogues were great..Clap

R has started to trust G and is opening up..by sharing her thoughts..

loved how G got angry..blamed the mamis..LOL

he looked shocked when R mentioned Abhigyaan..I dont think that part of R's past has even entered his brain..will he now think of what his past actions has cost R??

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Brindha87gardessigridOmaRamdassInfofan

pranganga Senior Member
pranganga
pranganga

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Hi friends,

Today's episode is posing quite a few puzzles.
1. Jabbo is turning against runjun very much (a guy who said he is with babhi in case of opening the mobile shop).
2. When runjun comes crying inside the room, guddu immediately asks her why she is crying.
(I really can't understand here whether he is feeling bad when he sees runjun crying or just a formality)
3. When runjun asks him whether he thinks that she is bad, she has habit of taking revenge etc. his looks are confusing. Is it he is seeing the innocence in runjun or just staring at her.
4.  when runjun tells about abhigyan, immediately there is change in guddu's face. Is it that he doesn't like runjun talking about runjun or he contemplates himself of how bad he behaved to this girl who so innocently talks everything to her husband or is he taking a thought about mahadevi's words.
5. why is guddu enquiring about abhigyan suddenly?

These thoughts struck my mind inspite of taking time off to see today's episode twice.

since they both are lead pairs, undoubtedly its sure they are going to unite, but when.  
is it within the end of the challenge or is it going to take another 'u' turn before they unite is something which is the question.

But till now, Bhagonwali is giving every answer immediately rather than unnecessarily prolonging the issue.  Hope this problem also gets cleared soon.

your comments pls.

Note: Pranganga I moved your topic here, because I think your queries will tie in very well with the discussion thread
- Wafah

Edited by Wafah - 11 May 2011 at 9:50am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ljcruzAginaya69gardessigridOmaRamdassInfofan

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
actually I am glad to see that the writers brought back the Abhigyan issue.  And I am also glad to see Guddu contemplating that issue.  This development in his characterization is consistent with G having a conscience.  Its almost like his soul is waking up, since he once said his soul is dead. Similar to him contemplating about his mom in an earlier episode where he acknowledges that he had made a mistake and no one can change the past.  However, he tried to change his present by trying to save his mom's life.  I see his contemplation at how he ruined Runjhun's reputation, life, in a similar way.  The realization that he is responsible for the ruination of R's life makes him all more human, and a complete antithesis to the evil M&M's. 
Now, in some future episodes, I hope to watch a Human Runjhun, not a Mahaan Runjhun.   

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 11 May 2011 at 10:27am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Brindha87ljcruzedabellaJulie0001gardessigridInfofan

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by EcliPSe_2010

actually I am glad to see that the writers brought back the Abhigyan issue.  And I am also glad to see Guddu contemplating that issue.  This development in his characterization is consistent with G having a conscience.  Similar to him contemplating about his mom in an earlier episode where he acknowledges that he had made a mistake and no one can change the past.  However, he tried to change his present by trying to save his mom's life.  I see his contemplation at how he ruined Runjhun's reputation, life, in a similar way.  The realization that he is responsible for the ruination of R's life makes him all more human, and a complete antithesis to the evil M&M's. 
Now, in some future episodes, I hope to watch a Human Runjhun, not a Mahaan Runjhun.   

Eclipse, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I think the CVs are reading our posts and for the last 3 episodes they have clearly refuted the notion that Runjhun is Mahaan.

I think Guddu's conscience is a WIP - Work in Progress.  Wink

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003sigridbee5Infofan

EcliPSe_2010 Goldie
EcliPSe_2010
EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Originally posted by EcliPSe_2010

actually I am glad to see that the writers brought back the Abhigyan issue.  And I am also glad to see Guddu contemplating that issue.  This development in his characterization is consistent with G having a conscience.  Similar to him contemplating about his mom in an earlier episode where he acknowledges that he had made a mistake and no one can change the past.  However, he tried to change his present by trying to save his mom's life.  I see his contemplation at how he ruined Runjhun's reputation, life, in a similar way.  The realization that he is responsible for the ruination of R's life makes him all more human, and a complete antithesis to the evil M&M's. 

Eclipse, thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I think the CVs are reading our posts and for the last 3 episodes they have clearly refuted the notion that Runjhun is Mahaan.

I think Guddu's conscience is a WIP - Work in Progress.  Wink

Gardes
its nice to watch somewhat of some sense of consistency in characterization and storytelling.  The way the relationship between G&R is handled so far I am loving it.  (I will refrain from commenting about R&M&M"S relationship because I think the way that relationship is written borders on too much evil & I cannot watch a modern day heroine respect evil even if its out of some obligation etc. In that regard, R has alot of growing up to do.) However, I did like R response to G, when he said she was blackmailing God when she did her fast.  R apologized.  That was R learning about another point of view aside of Amma's- indeed a major development in her.  I adore R's character but I cannot watch her respect her Evil M&M's!  R has alot to learn. Not just Guddu. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gardesrusha4003sigridInfofan

Julie0001 Goldie
Julie0001
Julie0001

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Gardes, brilliant post. My mind is all over the place after today's episode. The CV's are very surprising here.

So many questions/ideas

It is so obvious that both Guddu and RJ are unaware of their feelings for each other in their own minds and are not at all conscious that there are growing feelings on the other part's side. RJ brought up Abhi and it never once crossed her mind how Guddu would feel. She has no idea that he is attracted to her.

Why is Guddu bringing Abhi back (on a subconscious level)?

1. To amend for his mistake and that he thinks that RJ loves Abhi?
2. Is he thinking that he is the kind of good guy RJ deserves and that he Guddu can never be that person? Nor wants to be
3. To steel himself against any developing feelings by making sure that  she is with someone and that he has to leave then after 30 days?
4. So he is completely unconscious of the fact that he may feel some jealous pangs when Abhi is brought back?

Edited by jpalagrawal - 11 May 2011 at 11:17am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Brindha87K__Suzeegardesrusha4003sigridInfofan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index