RIRO closes on happy note-indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
RIRO closes on a happy note
Dhanashri Kulkarnu/Hill Road Media

Television actor Karan Mehra, aka Naitik Singhania of STAR Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, had opened an acting academy called Reel In Real Out with his girl friend Nisha Rawal with the ex-couple of the industry, Ali Merchant and Sara Khan. A few days ago, the curtain was close down on the academy. We spoke to Karan Mehra about the journey of his venture, RIRO, and more.
Showing 1 of 6 images Previous    Next

How was your experience of running an acting academy?
It was a good journey to handle a business venture, something which Nisha and I had never done before. We did many activities and kept our academy in the limelight. I am glad that we managed to teach something valuable to our students.

Did you expect your academy to close soon?
Not at all. I never expected that we would have to shut shop in just one and half year but I am happy that so many news channels covered our different activities.

What do you think were the reasons for your academy shutting down?
No comments please.

Which RIRO activity do you love the most and why?
We did many interactive activities like street plays on Labor Day, how to save our natural resources etc. We also did two plays which was again a completely different experience altogether and for all our activities, we got good responses as well.

What is more difficult to run an acting academy or to act?
I feel to run any business or academy is challenging because we need to spend more time in the business. While in acting, we need to be present on the sets till our scenes are done. In any business, one has to always take care of many aspects which includes staff, and other things

You hosted a farewell party recently for your students too.
It was nice as some of faculty members like Amardeep Jha, Rajneesh Bisht had come and we enjoyed a cake cutting ceremony with our students. We only invited the RIRO family so it was fun.

What advise you would give to all aspiring actors and your students from the academy?
Just be confident in your talent but at same time hard work and dedication also matters. I want to tell to all my students from the academy that do well and be prepared for the tough competition

Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail

Was expected i guess after Ali pulled out..! But good luck to Karan for his future ventures..

Looking at the pics above I was just wondering how did he use to look before and how is he looking now.. Too much change over 2 n half yrs..

Neways thanx for sharing.. Wish him all the best for his future.. πŸ˜ƒ
_Divya_ thumbnail
thnx   4 sharing😊
pvlaks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks  for  sharing.  All  the  best  Karan
Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: pari1508

Looking at the pics above I was just wondering how did he use to look before and how is he looking now.. Too much change over 2 n half yrs..

I agree... seems to have matured πŸ€” πŸ˜Š
Armu4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: pari1508

Seems to have matured 😊