Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

RIRO closes on a happy note

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Television actor Karan Mehra, aka Naitik Singhania of STAR Plus' Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, had opened an acting academy called Reel In Real Out with his girl friend Nisha Rawal with the ex-couple of the industry, Ali Merchant and Sara Khan. A few days ago, the curtain was close down on the academy. We spoke to Karan Mehra about the journey of his venture, RIRO, and more.
Karan Mehra

How was your experience of running an acting academy?
It was a good journey to handle a business venture, something which Nisha and I had never done before. We did many activities and kept our academy in the limelight. I am glad that we managed to teach something valuable to our students.
Karan Mehra

Did you expect your academy to close soon?
Not at all. I never expected that we would have to shut shop in just one and half year but I am happy that so many news channels covered our different activities.
What do you think were the reasons for your academy shutting down?
No comments please.
Karan Mehra

Which RIRO activity do you love the most and why?
We did many interactive activities like street plays on Labor Day, how to save our natural resources etc. We also did two plays which was again a completely different experience altogether and for all our activities, we got good responses as well.
Karan Mehra

What is more difficult to run an acting academy or to act?
I feel to run any business or academy is challenging because we need to spend more time in the business. While in acting, we need to be present on the sets till our scenes are done. In any business, one has to always take care of many aspects which includes staff, and other things.
Karan Mehra

You hosted a farewell party recently for your students too.
It was nice as some of faculty members like Amardeep Jha, Rajneesh Bisht had come and we enjoyed a cake cutting ceremony with our students. We only invited the RIRO family so it was fun
Hina and Karan

What advise you would give to all aspiring actors and your students from the academy?
Just be confident in your talent but at same time hard work and dedication also matters. I want to tell to all my students from the academy that do well and be prepared for the tough competition.

Edited by gaurav_fan - 11 May 2011 at 6:07am

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top