Anant- Challenging his upbringing? - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago
Well Anant doesn't seem like a guy who would care for proving himself right or winning that friendly challenge that Ranbeer put forth before him. If it were the stereotypical "youth show" lead, then one would expect something like this. But Anant doesn't seem like a guy who would intentionally do anything to hurt anyone--be it Sonia or Navya.
As piya mentioned, challenging "upbringing" in front of a family like his is a really big thing but the way he presented it seemed mature and well rational. His argument was not wrong, he wasn't insulting his family's customs and stuff and neither was he being disrespectful of his elders.

Some one had mentioned earlier about the gap in communication among the young and the elders. misunderstandings and conflicts of interests crop up more where there is lack of proper communication and well where one is not given a chance to voice out his or her thoughts. Anant was voicing out his thoughts ...something that his elder brother never even dared to do. They aren't showing him a "rebel" like one would have expected.  And it would be  much better if they preserve  Anant's rationality even after he falls for Navya.
Originally posted by LadyMcbeth

My take on this is: He is not testing waters with Navya on Ranbir's saying. Ranbir just made him aware that Navya liked him, which Anant probably may or may not have noticed on his own. But once he was aware, he was definitely intrigued with the girl whose conservative upbringing closely mirrored his own. His interest in Navya seems genuine. It doesn't seem like some challenge or bet, a theme that's so popular with some other serials. His interest in Navya seems genuine. He was genuinely angry with her, genuinely apologetic, and genuinely happy when she agreed to come to the picnic.

Re: what he told his Babajee was not entirely wrong. Think from Anant's POV - he comes from a conservative family where it has been drilled into his head that something like picnic is "vahiyat" and that people go there to indulge in vices. When he requested his Babajee to have in faith in his own upbringing, he didn't mean his "friendship" with Navya. He meant doing something that would dishonor the family. I don't think Anant has even considered the ramifications of his relationship with Navya in first place. He likes her despite himself and wants to just wants to spend time with her. Period.

Genuinely 100% agree.Period.:-))
Originally posted by piya2025

Anytime RitzπŸ€—

Ahh! Every person respect their "parvarish" Nomatter its right or wrong..Take it as an example,even if s'time feel what our parents doing or thinking its not right but @ the same time if some outsider come n point out that pou parents are being wrong,we dont even get that person in a right way !πŸ˜†

Anant sure respect the "parvarish: gifted by his "oh so-not so cool" familly..From dat 1 or its 2nd week of the show (πŸ˜†) He has been shown as a guy who actually obey each & every thing what his baba says to him..Its just that after he met Navya in a "much friendly" manner & started geting attached to her,we are seeing the stubborn side of him..Which we got to see only when he's around Nimisha.So that proves his this attitude ain't fake.

Yes We actually didnt get to see at all the view of ""Anant's inside"" He's not a mystery yet a one :O

Only time shall tell what he's..How he'd justify his these action if he goona say @ one point of time-All these were just for the take ranvir had about his upbring..

Oh Anant ! You are such a tough charecter dude..Here toh we were only confused with your sudden mood swings now this thing ! Lets see whats next..

PS-Nomatter what I just want him to take the "right" side always & not to get whatever wrong his creepy familly through @ him..

Piya...
I loved trhe bold part..its so true..every family has a certain "rule" and they grow together..thats why they are called family..
If Anant meant wat he told to baba today, we can even look at it positively..he has attempted to break one of the norms this family has been following.,.the norm that picnics are vahiyat..but the way Anant has potrayed his want to join the picnic is gicing a different light to even his Baba to look at picnic aS MORE THAN JUST A "VAHIYAT" THING...
i JUST HOPE aNANT keeps continuing to be on the right side...as put by you!
Thanks again for commenting sweetz!😳
Edited by rituloveskmh - 12 years ago
Amy & LadyMcbeth- Thanks for posting your views atleast now i've No doubt in my mind :)

Agreed,As i had mentioned somewhere in my post it requires lots of guts & fakeness in a person to preten infront of someone in this manner,The way Anant behaves with Navya-A realation of trust they already share..It's not that easy to pretend this much..

Thanks..

PS-Ritz-Hope now you can relax as well..*hugs*

PSS-Yeah..^^ we can always think positive :)
Edited by piya2025 - 12 years ago
Thanks LadyMacbeth, Amy and Sarika...
Wow, that a great way to analyse Anant's stand..
Thanks for commenting so much..
@Piya...guess I feeel a lil relieved too...the CVs make me so confused at times...they better mend this soon...πŸ˜†...
And maybe you guys are right...
what he told babaji was not wrong..coz I believe taht picnic is not a "vahiyat" thing..
But i believe coz I am of todays generation..but wen Anant "broke" the norms of the family's thoughts, he knew wat they thought of the whole picnic thing..
but he yet dared to break that rule..
here can be 2 things for why he did it..
1. Coz he wants  to go with Navya, anyhow..and he needed a strong reason to give babaji..
2. He still believes that ababji is right to think that picnics are vahiyat, but he wants to prove to babaji that his upbringing has taught him not to indulge in the so called vahiyat stuff that might happen in the youth camp or picnic...
But my point is...if he believes so much in Babaji's preachings and his upbringing, then he knows somewhere that Babji's list does not have "falling in love" too...hope he does not believe in this prohibition too..just like his babaji!
Anyways, I cud totally be wrong..and I hope I am..
I wud love if I am wrong!!πŸ˜†
Coz Navya deserves to be loved by Anant...and she deserves him to fight for her love ..even if it is from him own family's "parwarish"
Edited by rituloveskmh - 12 years ago
Originally posted by rituloveskmh

Thanks LadyMacbeth, Amy and Sarika...
Wow, that a great way to analyse Anant's stand..
Thanks for commenting so much..
@Piya...guess I feeel a lil relieved too...the CVs make me so confused at times...they better mend this soon...πŸ˜†...
And maybe you guys are right...
what he told babaji was not wrong..coz I believe taht picnic is not a "vahiyat" thing..
But i believe coz I am of todays generation..but wen Anant "broke" the norms of the family's thoughts, he knew wat they thought of the whole picnic thing..
but he yet dared to break that rule..
here can be 2 things for why he did it..
1. Coz he wants  to go with Navya, anyhow..and he needed a strong reason to give babaji..
2. He still believes that ababji is right to think that picnics are vahiyat, but he wants to prove to babaji that his upbringing has taught him not to indulge in the so called vahiyat stuff that might happen in the youth camp or picnic...
But my point is...if he believes so much in Babaji's preachings and his upbringing, then he knows somewhere that Babji's list does not have "falling in love" too...hope he does not believe in this prohibition too..just like his babaji!
Anyways, I cud totally be wrong..and I hope I am..
I wud love if I am wrong!!πŸ˜†
Coz Navya deserves to be loved by Anant...and she deserves him to fight for her love ..even if it is from him own family's "parwarish"
u know what thats why the slogan of this play is "nayay sawaal nayee dhadkan" just see thousands of things comes in our mind on any statemnt or dialogue like u mentioned that side of annnant
sonia jaiseee stupid ladkee ko bhi annnat ne ditch nahi kya how can he ditch sweet navyaa,nowadays he had become so use to of her,everywherehe wants navya nd seeing pics in his laptop and smiling
who is anant a big bloody loooser...
Originally posted by rituloveskmh

The statement Anant mentioned to his baba actually petrified me!😲
One thought hovered my mind and I had to come to the forum to release it!πŸ₯±

Is Anant just trying to challenge his "parvarish"?πŸ˜•
Does he just want to see how it feels like going to the college picnic - like he said...experience what others do but stick to the family principals??
Does he just want to see how it feels like befriending a girl - just like normal people do?But finally just continue to do wat has been taught by his "baba"😲
Does he just want to see how it feels like falling in love like Ranbir did - and show himself that he can stay aloof from the feeling of "love"? (remember the Ranbir-Anant convo?)πŸ˜•

Is all he is doing right now a test to see if he can actually abide or stand to what he has been taught right from his childhood?πŸ˜•
He wants to see, hear and feel the norms of the society and also wants to see if he can stand by the rules of his family traditions!😲 If that is the case, is he getting closer to Navya just becoz Ranbir had once challenged him to experience what falling in love feels like?πŸ₯±!

I just hope he is not challenging himself and will later shrug Navya off on the name of "sustaining his upbringing(parwarish)"πŸ˜•

It shall be hell for Navya if he breaks her heart on the name of "testing" his Baba's preachings😲!!
I would hate the CVs if he tells Navya that he loves her but cannot go ahead with it coz his family traditions have taught him something different!!!
Did this only occur to me or is there someone else who got alarmed at what Anant told his Baba???πŸ₯±

Ahhh...sorry, my thoughts are so scattered...pls try to make sense out of this post!!!😲

And share your views please!
Love,
Ritz

First of all i want to say that I love your posts!!
But ya going back...actually I was thinking just the same thing...wat if he is doing this just to test his parvaarish??..because i feel as if he doesnt think of Navya more than a friend well at least as of right now...just hope Anant does not end up breaking her heart if he is doing this to test his parvaarish (Hes too cute n nice to hurt anyone intentionally)!!...but ya I also felt as if Baba could use the same dialogues Anant used against Anant when he does realize his love for Navya and is trying to take a stand!! Im just mad excited and worried and lovey dovey abt their further episodes...hopefully everything works toward AnYa's favor and their love❀️
Edited by Harshiti4Lyf - 12 years ago
ritzzz...hi,after a long time came here to chek how things r..me v busy but managing to watch navya sometime...yesdays episode gave me the goosebumps as i too was thinking the very same things u have penned dn here...we seem to think ...jsut like...i'll quit this show if ananth is doing all this to test his strength of principles...n i have a very strong feeling that things wud go bad for navya after the pcinic...n ananth wud be forcibly engaged to that irritating thing called 'shagun'..i consider her an 'abshagun' though...remember his bhabhi has said that she wud not send her back to banaras without getting her engaged to ananth...i guess by the time ananth realises his love for navya it wud be too late n he wud not be able to go against this hitler family principles...so it wud mostly be back to triangle,pining n tears for navya...

ritzzz...no more time...will be busy for another week...so cant saYy how much time ill be here...this post was like reading all my thoughts online...

u take care n hope our fears dont come true...im having a lot of expectations fm this show n cant think of anya being separated...n ananth with that stupid thing abshagun...byeee...lots of luv...n keep posting ur thots here...ill know im not the only one being having thoughts...
supria...