The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

saru.g-Stutz-

gracious45 Senior Member
gracious45
gracious45

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by FLGators

Wrote this on another topic - for all those curious

Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, googleEmbarrassed

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqaConfused

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...D'oh

The above information clears alot however they still need to remove the death fetus because it can be poison to the woman's body. They can either give pills or do it like an abortion. So it i sthe doctor's responsibility to tell the woman and explain it to her that this is how we will do it. And both ways it is very painfull and alot of cramps she didnt even warn akshara about that. So they make no sense they bring all these plots but cannot explain it properly. Say the meds make the fetus leave akshara's body naturally which is very painful wont she suspect something.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_charu__Divya_

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged

Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, googleEmbarrassed

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqaConfused

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...D'oh

too good Sarita ! Clap thanks for the info ! i didn't know this...i knew one of my cousins had a MC..doc. said that the baby has stopped growing...toh she couldn't feel  anything but doc. gave her medicines n the baby was aborted , but the procedure was extremely painful followed by heavy bleeding..

i'm still confused whether Akshara had a silent miscarriage Confused coz pain had already started and she was experiencing cramps...that happens only when uterus sheds it's lining..happens during monthly cycles na...silent miscarriage mein toh pain should not be there right? n bleeding should start rightaway if cramps r coming

Edited by _charu_ - 10 May 2011 at 9:47pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Divya_

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _charu_

too good Sarita ! Clap thanks for the info ! i didn't know this...i knew one of my cousins had a MC..doc. said that the baby has stopped growing...toh she couldn't feel  anything but doc. gave her medicines n the baby was aborted , but the procedure was extremely painful followed by heavy bleeding..

i'm still confused whether Akshara had a silent miscarriage Confused coz pain had already started and she was experiencing cramps...that happens only when uterus sheds it's lining..happens during monthly cycles na...silent miscarriage mein toh pain should not be there right? n bleeding should start rightaway if cramps r coming

haan, locker room doubts tho tumne resolve kiya thaClap Yeh sunkke mein bhi confuse hogayi, put on my thinking cap & did some googling. Aaj kal google karo, kya nahi miltha?

Edited by FLGators - 10 May 2011 at 10:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Divya_

_charu_ IF-Sizzlerz
_charu_
_charu_

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by _charu_

haan, locker room doubts tho tumne resolve kiya thaClap Yeh sunkke mein bhi confuse hogayi, put on my thinking cap & did some googling. Aaj kal google karo, kya nahi miltha?

karo  karo google karo..aajkal i have very less vella time LOL i wud like to clarify to all  that we r only increasing our GK, we never expected Dimri to be  technically correct 

Edited by _charu_ - 10 May 2011 at 11:21pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anamika00-Nasreen-_Divya_

_Divya_ IF-Stunnerz
_Divya_
_Divya_

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
thnx dis' 4 d infoHug...kal raat se i was so confused...but abhi pata chal gyaa...Disapprove
kingini_aardra Goldie
kingini_aardra
kingini_aardra

Posted: 11 May 2011 at 12:27am | IP Logged
hey i want to tell some thing.
one of my friends sister had mc ...
and my friend told that her sister dont know that she was pregnant...and she travellled by train..and mc happened...and she knew that she had an mc when she went to the doctor for her confirmation about the second pregnancy...

Go to top