Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veil_of_roses thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
@charu symptoms may start late or some pt dont have at all...
abt MC well if baby dies inside... expulsion of fetus may occurs 1-2 days latter...
bt usually if tht happened doctor has to give medication/ curratage  to remove fetus...as it cud lead to sepsis also other complication...

m confused how come she doesnt know...ppl freak out if they have a drop of blood n here she doesnt know at all😳
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: gargi.

abt MC well if baby dies inside... expulsion of fetus may occurs 1-2 days latter...
bt usually if tht happened doctor has to give medication/ curratage  to remove fetus...as it cud lead to sepsis also other complication...

m confused how come she doesnt know...ppl freak out if they have a drop of blood n here she doesnt know at all😳

very right...medication has to be given to remove the dead foetus frm the womb..😳 
Tafseer thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _charu_

very right...medication has to be given to remove the dead foetus frm the womb..😳 

exactly...
yeh kya dikhate hai yaar..?? 😕
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Naitik was really good in the last scene..i think he felt for both Akshara and the baby poorthing
Apoorva_22 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
MC ho gaya nd both are back home?? Still aksh doesnt knw anything??what rubbish...😕 dimri's brain has gone 4 vacation kya??
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, google😳

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqa😕

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...
Edited by FLGators - 12 years ago
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _charu_

this is pure BS ! ðŸ¤¢ itna absurd kuch nahi ho sakta...CVs should have done some research before showing this absurdity ! if they can do this amount of research on how pregnant ladies walk then this must be cakewalk ðŸ¤¢ seriously, negative points to them tdy..God know what they r aiming at ! in 15 days , news of pregnancy, and MC ! Incase of accidental MC or abortion, KAISE bhi if the baby is lost, then the mother is the first one to know bec. MC or abortion is followed by heavy bleeding and acute unbearable pain ! BTW when r they planning to tell Akshara? when she will ask them "mera tummy nahi dikh raha" ðŸ˜¡

sorry i have not seen the episode... i am only a silent reader of this forum...and i might be wrong in certain aspects as i am commenting without watching the episode yet...
but your point here is slightly mistaken,

it is possible for a mother to miscarry and not know about it - it is called a silent miscarriage where the mother does not know...it will only come up in blood tests or scan reports (it is not very uncommon either)

here is a write up i picked up from babycenter - 

A missed or silent miscarriage can happen to anyone. After conception, a fertilised egg (ovum) implants in your uterus (womb), but, sadly, something goes wrong and the pregnancy fails. It might be that the baby doesn't develop at all and the pregnancy sac is empty, called a blighted ovum, or the baby might have begun to develop, but then failed to progress. 

It's called a missed miscarriage, because you don't realise anything has gone wrong. You may not have had any of the usual signs of miscarriage, such as pain or bleeding. Your body may still be giving you signals that you are pregnant, although if your hormone levels are falling, those signs may lessen slightly.

hence, it is important to keep up with all the early days doctor appointments to make sure everything is fine.. 

Edited by lashy - 12 years ago
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: gargi.

d & c will be carried out IF and when the doc/patient come to know about it.. hence,it will have to be carried out henceforth...

as for the points discussed above where the doc has to tell the patient everything.. i think that is purely just the drama aspect of it..

well atleast without showing the usual falling off the steps, stress, being trampled upon in a stampede etc etc method of miscarriage.. they went through a very very un-dramatic route.. a SILENT MISCARRIAGE... where the mother does not know 

How does a missed miscarriage happen? 

It usually happens because something went wrong in early pregnancy with the way the baby was developing. It may be that the baby had the wrong number of chromosomes. At the moment of conception, when the sperm meets the egg, 23 chromosomes from each parent should meet to make 46 in total. 

Sometimes mistakes happen and the baby has too many or too few chromosomes, or a piece of a chromosome is missing or duplicated. This means the genetic material carried on the chromosomes is wrong, and so the baby develops abnormally. 

In a missed miscarriage, either the embryo doesn't develop or it doesn't get very far, and the heartbeat stops when it measures only a few millimeters. Very occasionally, it happens later, perhaps at eight or 10 weeks, or even further on. 

In later pregnancy, missed miscarriages may be due to an infection such as parvovirus or rubella. If this is suspected, you will be offered a blood test called Torch (short for toxoplasmosis, rubella, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex) to look for infections. 

If during your ultrasound the person performing the scan (sonographer) thinks you may have suffered a missed miscarriage, a second sonographer will usually be asked to confirm the findings. 
--Nishita-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: FLGators

Haven't seen the episode yet but I read some of the discussion & was wondering myself. So I asked my go to guy, google😳

Yes, it is possible just like the locker room incident they found something possibly rare. Akshara ko rulane ka ek aur tareeqa😕

• It is called a Missed Miscarriage or silent miscarriage Women can experience a miscarriage without knowing it. A missed miscarriage is when embryonic death has occurred but there is not any expulsion of the embryo. It is not known why this occurs. Signs of this would be a loss of pregnancy symptoms and the absence of fetal heart tones found on an ultrasound.
  • Miscarriages rarely begin the instant the baby has passed away, but rather the hormone levels first have to drop before the mother's body will recognize the pregnancy as no longer viable and begin the process of shedding the uterine lining. This can take a few days or weeks, which is why ultrasounds performed after early pregnancy bleeding will often show that the baby passed one to two weeks before the actual onset of the bleeding. But if an ultrasound is performed for some other reason, such as a routine check for a heartbeat, it is possible for the ultrasound to detect that the baby has miscarried before the mother has begun to have any miscarriage symptoms and she may even still feel pregnant.
  • Sometimes the first clue of a missed miscarriage is that the baby's heartbeat fails to become audible on a fetal heart rate monitor by 12 weeks of gestation.
  • If bleeding has not yet started, a natural miscarriage, (a.k.a. a miscarriage without intervention) might take days or weeks to begin. Many women with this diagnosis opt for a D & C in order to have the ordeal over with as quickly as possible.
Statistically about 25% have a miscarriage and 1% of those have a silent miscarriage. Dimri found a good specimen in Akshara...

Thanx for the info...iska matlab hai ki dimri ne actually research kiya hai?😲 ðŸ˜²
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: --Nishita--

Thanx for the info...iska matlab hai ki dimri ne actually research kiya hai?😲 ðŸ˜²

1% of 25% have this. Miscarriage is most common in more mature women( in their 30's-40's). This is just like the locker room incident, possible but not so common. They know how to ruin a good story
Edited by FLGators - 12 years ago