Writers Corner

Chasing a dream - Part 1/Page 3 - 9/06 (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

yikes

yikes

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pixie_n

loveddd it!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT..IT WS FUN READING. CONTINUE SOON

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chasing a dream - Part 1/Page 3 - 9/06 (Page 2)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

yikes

yikes

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

R! for a Dreamer!

<edit>

Is the dream chasing you or you are chasing a dream! <lol>

And if you are the one chasing a dream,  then your drive and ambition to go after something you want is a Dancer's dream!

Great Start!

ps.. I enjoyed Scenario # 5!
pss..I just love such understanding parents.. :)

yep, I'm the one chasing a dream, and yep again, I want to be a professional dancer. thanks for commenting! haha yes scenario 5 does happen too Tongue

yikes

yikes

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-Pebby

I just hate the way the parents have the most awesome ways to put a child's life into a cliff hanger, 'We'll see..." Urgh, I hate it when my parents do that!

Right. Okay, back to the story... well, am really intrigued. Very well written. The underlying sarcasm seriously attracted me. 

You better continue soon. 
Do add me to the PM list. :)

yep, I agree! parents really know how to insert a cliffhanger in their' child's life. "maybe" - one word is enough :/

thankyou so much :D

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 1:07am | IP Logged
Loved it!
Reminds me of the time when I flat out told my parents that I won't be an engineer. They stared at me for a minute,and then shrugged, saying "We didn't expect you to! "
Do add me to the PM list, please. :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

yikesScatteredCastle

MrMonster

MrMonster

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Oh yes, the day you wake up and realize that you have to tell your parents. The dreaded of every teenagers life. It's been centuries since I've signed on to India-Forums, and the first post I see is yours, how nice.

I did like the beginning. But it didn't really capture my attention, sort of awkward, similar to when you get struck by the seemingly best idea to have ever passed your mind and you kind of pen down with the story running through your head. It's not edited, that much I can tell, but I do like it, and I can't really say more.

I feel like a total jerk for saying that, because you are a good writer and I've seen that in your past stories. Just don't think I'm being mean, I'm just telling the truth. I will say that the story seems interesting and I would like to see how it develops overtime. I love your characters and I would like to love this one as well. Good luck.

_.serendipity._

_.serendipity._

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
Aparajita!! Big smile Big smile
As expected, this is brilliant! Star The concept looks very promising indeed, and I am sure you will do it full justice! It's got that thing, that I loved about 'Solace' too, the fact that you write about stuff that we can so-o-ooo identify with, and just always manage to hit the nail right on the head with the captivating details you subtly weave into narrative.. I'm really, really looking forward to this!!
And as for the style of the prologue in particular, I love the stream of consciousness type thing that you have going. Your writing flows so smoothly, allowing the story to unfold in the reader's mind in such a natural way. I, for one, like the fact that it's got a feel of not having been edited, even though it most probably was. It makes for such effortless entry into the character's world.
And there, you've done it again, hooked me to your story! Big smile
Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Edited by _.serendipity._ - 18 May 2011 at 4:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yikes

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 30 May 2011 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Update. Update. Update

yikes

yikes

Posted: 09 June 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooj@

Loved it!
Reminds me of the time when I flat out told my parents that I won't be an engineer. They stared at me for a minute,and then shrugged, saying "We didn't expect you to! "
Do add me to the PM list, please. :D

hey pooja! haha did that make you feel happy? Wink LOL

okies, will do!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top