Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Invasion of Privacy? Ref: Pg 18 (Page 13)

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by night13

The paparazzi are being compared to the burglars...<lol>... I would have to say that the paparazzi prevent the burglaries! LOL

lol...y did u like my post if you don't agree with it...LOL

Coming to the comparison...yes I compared Paparazzi to burglars...what do the burglars do...they take away something that is yours ...
The paparazzi ...do the same thing...they take away a private moment from the celebrity...that the celebrity did not intend to give them...

I totally agree that they take pics because the demand is there...that doesn't mean that they are not responsible for what they do...

Just because I may not agree with you, does not mean I can not like your post..can I?... :)

The comparison between the paparazzi to burglars can not be the same, as they are not responsible for any lost goods.  Is stealing someone's privacy vs invading privacy fall under the same category? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

lol till u are comparing two for snatching the privacy I am with you..

I am sure that the privacy is more valuable to these celebrities than diamonds and the paparazzi rob them of it...LOLjust because u can't put a value on privacy doesn't mean that it can't be robbed...

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:24pm | IP Logged

I am sure that the privacy is more valuable to these celebrities than diamonds and the paparazzi rob them of it...LOLjust because u can't put a value on privacy doesn't mean that it can't be robbed...

ah! if privacy is that imp for these "celebs" than they wouldnt be a celeb.. cummon you want to be in Sky as well on earth at the same time .. not possible...
blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:25pm | IP Logged

The paparazzi are being compared to the burglars...<lol>... I would have to say that the paparazzi prevent the burglaries! LOL

Coming to the comparison...yes I compared Paparazzi to burglars...what do the burglars do...they take away something that is yours ...
The paparazzi ...do the same thing...they take away a private moment from the celebrity...that the celebrity did not intend to give them...

I totally agree that they take pics because the demand is there...that doesn't mean that they are not responsible for what they do...

Just because I may not agree with you, does not mean I can not like your post..can I?... :)

The comparison between the paparazzi to burglars can not be the same, as they are not responsible for any lost goods.  Is stealing someone's privacy vs invading privacy fall under the same category? 

What do the burglars do with stolen goods...sell them somewhere for money...don't the paparazzi do the same thing...they steal and they sell the goods...

u r more tham welcome to like my posts..LOL

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged

we are moving in a circle.. ain't we? Ermm

Paparazzi won't take private moment from "common men" but "public figures" remove public from there and they are no more interested. Where as Burglars are more human when it comes to prey upon, they don't bother about your socio economical status.

Also candid photography in public places is perfectly legal. People cannot expect privacy unless they are on private property. It becomes hard to draw legal lines on public photography. What next, getting sued because another family accidentally appears in our Disney pictures?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

-Aarya- IF-Dazzler
-Aarya-
-Aarya-

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

What do the burglars do with stolen goods...sell them somewhere for money...don't the paparazzi do the same thing...they steal and they sell the goods...

u r more tham welcome to like my posts..LOL

You have to blame somebody, and you can't blame the ones who stole, can you, so why not blame the paparazzi who may have taken the pictures of the burglars... LOL

How do you define goods?

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

ah! if privacy is that imp for these "celebs" than they wouldnt be a celeb.. cummon you want to be in Sky as well on earth at the same time .. not possible...

OK so if its not important to them then it deserves to be stolen...stealing cannot be justified under any circumstances...I am talking about principles here...stealing is wrong period...I don't have an iota of sympathy for the celebrities or the paparazzi...LOL..
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
How can we compare something ambiguous and abstract like privacy with something concrete and material like hard goods? How can we determine "crimes" based on privacy when the very notion of privacy can be subjective?

Paparazzi can be unethical and questionable, but its odd comparing paparazzi to burglary. The only time paparazzi is crime when it amounts to stalking or invading "privacy" in "private property".

Go to top