Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Heard a series of tapped telephone coversations that have been released by NDTV today  πŸ˜² These were between Amar singh , Ambani, Mulayam Singh Yadav ..after the court vacated the earlier stay order preventing its public disclosure. These phone tapping allegedly disclose the politician - corporate nexus. But isnt this a blatant breach of privacy?

Bear with me as my knowledge of the Indian politics/corporations is little poor...:)

How were these tapes acquired? Are they legitimate, did they have a court order to phone tap these ministers and corporate CEOs?  Cause if they are claimed to be under legal provisions then there is no breach of privacy, but if they are illegal then there is no case! 

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: night13

Bear with me as my knowledge of the Indian politics/corporations is little poor...:)

How were these tapes acquired? Are they legitimate, did they have a court order to phone tap these ministers and corporate CEOs?  Cause if they are claimed to be under legal provisions then there is no breach of privacy, but if they are illegal then there is no case! 

So its the court that will decide whats to be private ! I m not sure about this but it looks like the govt can eavesdrop on any one . Hmm..having a national language no longer seems a good idea!
-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

So its the court that will decide whats to be private ! I m not sure about this but it looks like the govt can eavesdrop on any one . Hmm..having a national language no longer seems a good idea!

It's unfortunate, but true. As much as I agree with you on the breach of privacy, when push comes to solve, law and order play a big role.  I still have faith in the human race will make the right choice when it comes to privacy. :)
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Doe.

OBL Jr.?? I thought he was dead too. πŸ˜• Oh well, yeah, forget about those. Lol 🀣

Yeah, paps need to leave some celebs alone. πŸ˜†
But you know what? I agree with what Ranbir Kapoor once said, the media makes you what you are, so you need to give them something in return.
I accept that they are doing their job, and yeah, media mostly makes celebs what they are. And sometimes, the celebs misuse the media and blame everything on the media when things go wrong.
What I believe is, media & the celebs should draw the line somewhere. I mean, it's ok if media gets behind you in some matter, but if they do what they did to people like Diana, that's just going too far. Everything should have a limit.

There are 20 of them, and US still counting πŸ˜† I reckon two shares the exact same initials -OBL,  Omar BL is the one I am talking about.

Its mess all around us, I prefer to live in my illusions rather than understanding the mess in glamor world, Politics, corporate and Media. They are tightly bounded and exist for each other or against as per the need or demand basis knowing none of can survive alone, their sole purpose is to fool and cash the public.

Diana was amazing persona and shouldnt have met that end, but still I wont go with blaming papz only..

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

In the defense of the paparazzi... as I do hold some respect for their work!

If some of these celebrities were given a choice earlier in their career: that they would be payed enormous amount if they can be photographed and published, do you think they wouldn't accepted the offer? I agree there should be some conflicts of conscience in the mind of the paparazzi, as they don't really want to hurt anyone: they are merely doing their job! How different is their job from ours: where we are spending tons of money and time  on gossip magazines and Internet sites to get the latest scoop!

The conspiracy around Princess Diana's death is an unknown territory for me and I forbid my self from visiting! Princess Diana has touched many people's heart in so many ways, that to me she lives forever!

Being a Paparazzi is not a job...its the abuse of the profession called Journalism...its like u calling computer hacking a profession because it deals with software...in every profession there are certain ethics to be followed...and if u are not following those ethics...u are not following that profession but abusing it...
-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice

Being a Paparazzi is not a job...its the abuse of the profession called Journalism...its like u calling computer hacking a profession because it deals with software...in every profession there are certain ethics to be followed...and if u are not following those ethics...u are not following that profession but abusing it...

Being paparazzi is not a 'legal job' and there are many countries /states which have passed law against the same practice. There should be a fine line drawn between what is considered private vs public information. As I mentioned earlier that there should be some conflicts of 'conscience' in the mind of the paparazzi, as they don't really want to hurt anyone: they are out to make money though some profession called 'job'! There are performing a vital function for those who care to read them and gossip. The celebrities made the decision to make their lives public that lack of control over what gets reported does not change their million dollar paychecks or peoples need for gossip. Thus we make the paparazzi so we are equally responsible for their abuse to the profession.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Being paparazzi is not a 'legal job' and there are many countries /states which have passed law against the same practice. There should be a fine line drawn between what is considered private vs public information. As I mentioned earlier that there should be some conflicts of 'conscience' in the mind of the paparazzi, as they don't really want to hurt anyone: they are out to make money though some profession called 'job'! There are performing a vital function for those who care to read them and gossip. The celebrities made the decision to make their lives public that lack of control over what gets reported does not change their million dollar paychecks or peoples need for gossip. Thus we make the paparazzi so we are equally responsible for their abuse to the profession.

In a democracy...we do not take blame for the acts of othersπŸ˜†...everybody chooses to do what they do out of free will...one cannot commit a wrong act and shirk his responsibility by saying that I did it because someone else wanted it ...so what...u r responsible for what u did...
It is human nature to try to get dirt on celebrities...but that doesn't mean that it becomes someones responsibility to get them that dirt anyhow...its not like human kind would die without the gossips that paparazzi provide...they do it for money...they r not providing a social service...and they are totally responsible for what they do...
Anyways...I hardly have any sympathies for the celebrities or the Paparazzi...they so deserve eachother...πŸ˜†...most of them are rotten anyways...
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I like, being chased by the paparazzi πŸ˜›But koi combaqt dheekthe bi nahe...sala paparazzi bi busy hey !!πŸ˜•

-Aarya- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Believe

I like, being chased by the paparazzi πŸ˜›But koi combaqt dheekthe bi nahe...sala paparazzi bi busy hey !!πŸ˜•

<lol!> perhaps cause you're not a blonde, and you may have a mamarazzi! πŸ˜†

a mom who snoops your diary, grills your boyfriends/girlfriends for details, learn IM lingo so they can intercept your ID, and follow you around with criticism, sucking the freedom section right out of your internal self respect.. oh! how I love this privacy! πŸ˜†

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

<lol!> perhaps cause you're not a blonde, and you may have a mamarazzi! πŸ˜†

a mom who snoops your diary, grills your boyfriends/girlfriends for details, learn IM lingo so they can intercept your ID, and follow you around with criticism, sucking the freedom section right out of your internal self respect.. oh! how I love this privacy! πŸ˜†--If our parents gives us enough freedom then, sometime we dont feel like this way...But personaly I love my Mom's all Questions/ quires/doubts/advice/scolding everything...😍