Page 1 of 18

Page 1
Page   of 18
Page 2 Page 18

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:10am | IP Logged
There has been a continuous debate on if law enforcement cameras are invasion of privacy or do they provide a sense of security! Do we still have the right against the invasion of privacy by the government, corporations or individuals? Are the laws and constitutions still governing these privacy acts protecting us? What is the right to privacy?

I feel as though privacy is on a fence between freedom of speech and others which require public to disclose private information! Do we still have the right to be let alone!

Edited by -Aarya- - 28 June 2013 at 6:10pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sookie-RasnyForever-KAMagixXmonarSummer3blue-ice

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Invasion of Privacy? Ref: Pg 18" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Depends on where the "Cameras" are put. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Doe.

The camera.. to my Fav! subject...<lol>
There are 'surveillance' cameras everywhere, schools, banks, sidewalks, airports, office buildings,  washrooms, locker rooms, etc.. There is no limit under the laws which govern these facilities to put up cameras. Some think that having camera is great monitoring device to prevent criminal activities but I think it's an invasion of privacy.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixXmonar

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:19am | IP Logged

I hate the traffic light cameras...damn got 2 time fine!OuchConfused

monar

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

<lol>... me too :)

This has been called the "Big Brother Tactics", by the government to raise revenue rather than provide road safety! So 'they' can claim that your money is going towards the right cause!

Edited by night13 - 10 May 2011 at 9:35am

monar

-Sookie-

IF-Dazzler

-Sookie-

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

I feel as though privacy is on a fence between freedom of speech and others which require public to disclose private information! Do we still have the right to be let alone!

I think you have somewhat answered the question in above few lines.

Except for lockers and washrooms, I guess most of the places where cameras are installed are fairly public right? I do not expect privacy in public places thus I do not see any harm in those places except for lockers and washrooms. Even though they are for public use, people who use it would definitely prefer it to be private about their business. But assuming (the worst) that one in five who uses that locker is a criminal, then entire private affair becomes a moot point, no?

I am more paranoid about misusing this information about public which is far more dangerous than disclosing it. Every ATM machine has a camera installed in front of it which totally freaks me out. I know that they are not aware of what we type and stuff, but still!

In the end its all about balance I guess.

S

monar

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by .Doe.

The camera.. to my Fav! subject...<lol>
There are 'surveillance' cameras everywhere, schools, banks, sidewalks, airports, office buildings,  washrooms, locker rooms, etc.. There is no limit under the laws which govern these facilities to put up cameras. Some think that having camera is great monitoring device to prevent criminal activities but I think it's an invasion of privacy.

Ahh, okies. I get it. While cameras are needed in some of the above places like mentioned - Banks, schools, etc..I somehow cannot comprehend why are they in washrooms. That is taking it a bit too far, and yes, it's the invasion of privacy.

Recently too, as we saw in the Royal wedding, it is invasion of privacy. While I accept I enjoyed the wedding, at the same time, if I sit down and think, would I want my wedding to be broadcast that way, the answer would be no. Maybe it's because they are Royalty & stuff, I still cannot justify it. I enjoyed it though :P
And don't get me started on what cameras did to Diana, it is horrible. Dead

Edited by .Doe. - 10 May 2011 at 10:02am

monar

MagixX

IF-Rockerz

MagixX

Posted: 10 May 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

These cameras are really funny though. They seem to capture my car even when it is at home. Advanced technology I guess. LOL

monar

Post Reply New Post

Go to top